3 Sentinel Piles

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

3 Sentinel Piles

Postby Miss_Michelle » 09 Jun 2008, 05:50

Hi everyone,
Its been a while since I have posted on here, probably about a year now. I thought I was on the right track for a while, but I've had so many relapses and got so sick of trying to heal myself.
I dont usually look at my fissure but I recently noticed that I have 3 skin tags!!! Is this bad?? I don't have any pain, I bleed ocassionally when I go to the toilet but thats it really.
I've started using wheatgrass cream and it really does seem to make a difference, I've also been taking fibre tablets and am eating a lot more fruit and drinking water more now.
I've had my anal fissure problem for a few years now, about 5 i would say and really am sick of it. I chickened out of surgery about a year ago thinking i could try to heal it myself, which i am sure if i put the effort in i could.
Does anyone know if i can get the tags removed if i heal the fissure?
Many thanks
Michelle xoxo
Miss_Michelle

Topics: 2

Re: 3 Sentinel Piles

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Jun 2008, 05:54

I believe you can have them removed, but they an usually be "reabsorbed" over time...I am sure someone with experience with them will be along shortly!
Having a wound from the surgery could also possibly make you temporarily more vulnerable to fissures.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 09:43

I had a sentinel pile with my fissure that shrunk down after I healed. I used aloe vera on it 3 times a day and that really seemed to help.

I did have a skin tag cut off during a hemorrhoidectomy and skintags can usually be removed but you are essentially creating an open wound which could becoming non-healing and create more problems. I guess it depends how bad they are bothering you. If they don't hurt I would leave alone.

5 years seems a long time to have a fissure without medical intervention, but it sounds like you have had long periods where you felt pretty well. I would go see a CRS and verify what you have since it has been awhile.

Take care.

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 11:41

I have 2 tags, One from a fissure years ago which is so small now i can hardly see it and of course the one i have now which is shrinking by the day, neither cause any problems for me.
The tags act as a guard to where there has been or is trauma,
Once the fissures are healed the tags usually shrink.
Aloe is fantastic ! Soothing too:)

Postby val » 09 Jun 2008, 11:41

I had mine removed with my LIS and fistula surgery, but I dont think I would choose to just have them cut off,especially if they weren't hurting. Wow, thats a long time to have suffered, poor you!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 09 Jun 2008, 12:05

My tag seems to be shrinking as the fissure is healing. the aloe was too strong for me. I have more luck wth emu oil. Perhaps one of those will help you.
I also noted that I have a skin tag from a hemmie that never really erupted. The skin tag just popped out one day and hasn't bothered me. Do you have something similar? this tag has reduce too over time, quicker since LIS.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jun 2008, 14:30

Now that I have gone through many ups and downs with the fissure, I came to the conclusion that skin tags act up when butt "is not happy" for whatever reason ( acting hammies, half healed fissures, strong irritation of the anus due to spices, big BM, exercise and so forth).
I now think that they should be left alone if at all possible and that when they act up one should take it as a warning to better take care of the diet and the rest before something bigger appears Image.
There are many self help natural remedies as well as over the counter creams that can help -one has to do his/her own trail and error experiment until one finds what works best.
For me now the best "ointment" is one that I make myself - part A+D baby cream, drop of vit. E, part Nifedipamine cream, drop of Aloe gel - all mixed well with tiny spatula ( read upper part of plastic teaspoon) until it becomes nice white paste Image . Does wonders for me Image (knock the wood - good luck eye inserted here , - rubbing the rabbit's paw - crossing my fingers - etc. LOL )
They can be removed - but the risk and pain is not worth it unless they are making your life miserable. As I said - it could be very well something else going on behind the skin tag problem - in your case fissure is the most probable cause of all of your discomfort , including bleeding - at least that is all from my own experience, but I might be wrong...
Best of luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Miss_Michelle » 12 Jun 2008, 06:51

Thanks everyone,
I've had another check and I think they are just open wounds, not skin tags. I've had my fissure for a long time now and all the doctors and CRS say that I don't need surgery. I really don't want surgery if I don't have to have it and go through the recovery etc. It really is my diet and that I've probably not been eating well for a while now. Can anyone help me with what I should be eating? and what extra supplements etc I can take to heal this damn fissure?
Thanks
Miss_Michelle

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Jun 2008, 06:56

Get your RDA of fiber, eat soft-cooked veggies, fresh fruits and cut back on meat as much as you can. Avoid junk foods and things like pizza, hamburgers etc like the plague. Drink plenty of water, but there's no need to go overboard on the water or fiber. Use a stool softener everyday. This sight is full of good information, so read the threads and you will learn a lot.
After five years your fissure is VERY chronic and if you manage to heal it on your own, it will be difficult. It appears that the longer and AF lasts, the harder it is to cure...and the more likely surgery will be needed. Not what you want to hear, but you need to know...
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 12 Jun 2008, 07:02

miss_michelle with regards to eating, i invite you to read up on macrobiotics (a great book is the macrobiotic way by mishio kushi) and ayurveda principles.
i think that just reading that macrobiotics book, and perhaps for women, the hip chick's guide to macrobiotics (by an american comedian who is macro), those two books will help give you some really great ideas on what to do with your diet if you are up for some new ways to change your mind, body, and all in a good way.
even if you don't take it all in, you can pick up things that would appeal to you and leave those that don't.
for me, it was a success to have stumbled upon macrobiotics and has helped me a lot. i had my anal fissure for almost four years and was ready to drive off a bridge here......i was set up to get LIS and fistulotomy but after doing macrobiotics hardcore, in a month it all changed for me. don't get me wrong, it wasn't an overnight cure but i kept up the macrobiotics hardcore for six months and then slowly blended back a more healthy diet for me. now i am finding my way back to macrobiotics because i have just been eating out of control. and over the last five days that i have been back to eating macro my way, i have lost about seven pounds. (of course, i have been jogging for marathon training but it's been a big help...finally i am going to be under 200 lbs Image)
i know i have my little skin tag (i call it laverne and when it gets big, it also becomes laverne and shirley)....my CRS advised not to get rid of it. to him, it is more trouble to get rid of it rather than manage it. i wonder sometimes but after i found a Godsend in Vicks Vapor Rub, when Laverne and Shirley act up, i put some on it and it helps me sleep and in a couple of days the bitches settle down! hehehehehehe
are you using soap to wash your butt? stop.
are you using anything with witch hazel? stop.
are you straining? stop.
are you using baby wipes? start, if you are not.
keep the area dry at all times with a blow dryer and then add a nice little thin coat of palmers cocoa butter.
stay away from spices and caffeine - although some days you just have to indulge!!!!
okay big hugs,
happyass
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74