Advice on how to calm a finicky fissure while on the job?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advice on how to calm a finicky fissure while on the job?

Postby Please go-away! » 04 Aug 2013, 13:02

Hi every one..I'm back into the workforce, I got the position as certified Cosmetician part-time in a local Drugstore.
I'm still in shock that I got it so soon, me and the Cosmetic manager, well we just clicked. Now it's a three month probation period, that's OK, if it's too much for me, we will see, I do have other interview's pending and other possibility's. As a Cosmetician working in a  Retail/customer service field, I'm on my feet allot, short lunches and equally short break's depending on my hour's. I love it, at least once upon a time when I didn't have a fissure and Arthritis..I can deal with the arthritis, but the fissure terrifies me.
It's part-time so that's a relief, since I'm just starting I don't feel I need to tell them, at least wait till after the probation period. I will have to plan everything, my route there. (since I take the bus) My sister mite be able, on occasion to pick me up or drop me off.
My shift might be in the morning ,a middle or evening shift, I have to plan/organize this darn fissure around my work schedule. The schedule will be made every three week's.
And being part time it could be from 15 to 24 hours every two week's, for example, actually my first day/training/orientation is Tuesday August. 6th from 12:00 to 4:00 (it will get longer and I will get more hour's with time).
I have been reading others and taking note on how they deal with there fissure's and other health issues while on the job. I have noticed Igrik and the demand of his job, constantly travelling and Welsh's job and how she manages day to day with her position.
When I went to the interview, it already screwed up my  fissure routine, luckily I found a washroom.
I can no longer leasurly take my lunch and sometimes go twice to the washroom, not to mention, taking the time to clean my self up.Image I will have to carry my supplies with me, sudocream, baby wipes and I will have to speed things up by retraining my self.Image  
I'm going to ask my boss if I can drink water while on the floor, most company's don't mind as long as it's not in front of customer's, cash or on the floor, and I do it discreetly.
Please if any one can give me there valuable advice on managing a fissure while on the job, there trick's and tip's, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm excited, yes but I'm also scared poop-less..excuss the pun.Image
Thank's a bunch Guy's and Gal's:) 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Re: Advice on how to calm a finicky fissure while on the job?

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 04 Aug 2013, 14:12

Hey P. wicked news on the job! It's all going to be a bit new and stressful when you begin so your normal body routine will probably be out the window, just try not to put too much pressure on yourself to do things at a certain time.
I work in retail too but luckily I am a behind the scenes graphic designer. I do a fair bit of walking too. My department know that I've had surgery but no what for. They are all very supportive and I don't do much lifting. I use the toilet whenever I want and I drink as much as I want whenever I want.
Water is up to your discretion I'd say, if you're "thirsty" your employer should allow you to take breaks to fill your bottle.
You will be on your feet quite a bit I guess, but so long as you're not walking around too much you'll be fine. It's the walking that does it for me. That sting.
Your toilet breaks are also at your discretion too.
I'm fortunate to wear cargo trousers with large pockets and I can fit a small pack of wet wipes in there. You could prep a tiny pack yourself - maybe with a little baggie or Sudocrem - like a mini zip lock bag?
I never poop at the same times of the day (note the plural of pooping) yes I can poop up to 3 times a day in work. Sometimes once. Sometimes at 6am. Sometimes at lunch time. You just have to deal with it on a day to day basis. Just try not to worry about it too much and stay calm.
Good luck with your preparation. Maybe there's a few others who have other ideas to carry small supplies.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Please go-away! » 04 Aug 2013, 17:58

Thank.s Welsh , that's a great idea, too carry smaller sizes or a small bag, my uniform is all black,slack's and top of my choice or there brand, I don't have pocket's but my locker is near too the washroom, I can keep my item's in a medium size black cosmetic, toiletry bag.
I will try not to let it get to me, just take every day as it is, when I'm scheduled.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 05 Aug 2013, 02:35

HI PGA,
Congratulations on the new job!!! xx When i went back to work, i found it exhausting and hard, as i had been off Sick for 5 months.I was on a phased return, where i did 3 hours for 2 weeks then 6 Hrs, then back to my full 8 hr day. I work 37 Hours a week, and my job as an Instructor/Assessor involves traveling, Standing and sitting.I make sure that i am up early in a morning so i can follow my routine strictly, i normally have my BM about 5 mins after i get up out of bed. If i have had another BM later on in the day, i have been lucky to be at home. I would make sure you are stocked up with mini wipes and a mini pot of Sudocrem or Vaseline so you can have a BM comfortably at work if needed. Great idea from Welsh.When i sit for longer periods in the office and out at salon's on Assessments, i make sure i sit on a cushion, or a soft seat. I have also tried so hard not to focus on my Bottom all day.I feel this helps, Positive Mental attitude.
I hope that you will be okay PGA and that you will kill the monsters dead.Keep fighting my friend.
Image Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 05 Aug 2013, 03:16

Congrats on your new job pls go away :) my job is with the health board & involves a lot of driving to clients houses. I sat on a soft pillow & luckily for me my clients house would be well stocked with stuff I need to use :) They all knew what my problem was as I couldn't hide it anymore so for me it was easy.
You'll get yourself into a routine in a day or so in work just don't stress about it take care & good luck again xx
Deleted User 2543

Postby Please go-away! » 05 Aug 2013, 18:51

Thank you Rachael and Edel,
My BM is after my Breakfast, a little under an hour later, so your right Rachael, I better get up extra early,(because my bowels are slower) feed my cat, have breakfast then relax..OK, great.
Get my supplies ready tonight, put the bag by the front door. I will probably get my locker at work tomorrow.
You know it's funny , because the environment that I'm working in is a drugstore with a Cosmetic dept, I wouldn't risk getting any of my supply's there, not yet..wait till after the probation period..and we will see.
I'm not shy, I just want to get my footing in and get to know everyone first. I do have enough supply's for now.
I'm glad you were slowly able to increase your hours Rachael..ahhh..what incredible clients you have Edel. Thank you all, you have given me the confidence, so appreciated.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby owmybum » 06 Aug 2013, 03:58

Good luck PGA... It's a good tip to get up earlier so you can have your bm.
I find at work I'm so busy that my mind is taken off my bum a lot of the time. If I feel uncomfortable I just have a couple of ibuprofen to take the edge off. I always have my water under the counter, and make sure I sip at it through the day.
Enjoy being back in the workforce... Jobs are very hard to come by at the moment.. You should be proud of yourself!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Please go-away! » 06 Aug 2013, 19:52

WOw , that's a great idea will take the ibuprofen and put in my locker, just in case, Luckily I can take water behind the cosmetic pen/counter. Thank you, yes they are, and I can only do part time for now, Since it's base and commission, I have the opportunity too increase my sales, later.
I was feeling great after work, the day went very well, until my other sister, started arguing with me,OH she call me and did asked me how my job went today.
She said,"why don't you get two part-time job's, how are you gonna take care of your self"..Image 
I tell you What sis, with two job's the travelling ,not able to eat properly, then ripping my self up, so you can take care of ME FOR  a whole year or what ever length of , painful TIME it takes to heal after a surgery. OH I was so mad at her, shes the one with ulcerated Colitis, but doesn't want to talk about it...And I'm, I'm slowly, slowly starting to come down now..breathing , relaxing...ohhhh.(she ended up hanging up on me, and I don't care) My other sister is a Little more compassionate.  
Thank g-d for this forum, I feel like I vented for a lifetime..lol.AAHHH.:)
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 07 Aug 2013, 02:55

Oh no PGA, Try not to get stressed, it will aggravate things back there.I know it is hard as people who don't have Fissures can't understand the whole pain and suffering they cause, even Family members.Vent here when you can, it will get it off your chest (and bottom) and will make you feel better!!
By the way, i love your cat, what a lovely chunky baby.I have a British Blue boy and he is gorgeous.Thank god for cats, they listen, love us and can never nag back at us(Apart from a few disgruntled meows now and again)!!. xxxxx
Image Image Image 
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Please go-away! » 07 Aug 2013, 20:38

Thank you Rachel, a British blue boy, beautiful cat..I did some deep breathing exercises after and started to relax..thanks again.
Sterling was two in that shot, she is now 3 and has grown fast.
It's so cute because her leg's are still short and her body is now longer..lol.
Next shift is Friday night, an evening to closing shift.cool..it allows me to get my bathroom out of the way, I found out most of my shift's will be middle or evening, which is fine with me, for now.
Thanks again...Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure