Can sitting or moving aggrevate fissures?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can sitting or moving aggrevate fissures?

Postby efr97 » 25 Nov 2015, 14:35

Hi

I´ve had a fissure for about 10 months now, and am finally getting treatment with Rectogesic. I´m not sure if it´s helping, as I´m on the 6th week of treatment, and can still feel the fissure. It comes and goes a bit.

But anyway, I´m wondering if there are any types of movement I should avoid? I run regularly, now in the winter mostly on a treadmill. Sometimes my fissure hurts when I do this, and also when I sit down for longer periods.

Is it just pain, or can the fissure actually tear open again from certain movements/positions?
efr97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Can sitting or moving aggrevate fissures?

Postby Savaici » 25 Nov 2015, 19:48

It sounds like you are healing, if you are able to work out on a treadmill! Difficult to suggest what you should avoid; I could barely walk while my AF was truly active. The pain can last for quite some time and the question is whether you can live with it. Even though my fissure has healed, I still get the odd pain... If you're not bleeding, it has probably not torn agai, but if you're really worried the best person to look is a CRS. sorry can't be much more help.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222