Fissure hell!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fissure hell!

Postby cherylk » 07 Feb 2010, 19:49

Hang in there, SM!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby lars » 08 Feb 2010, 12:46

Thanks Cherylk and Fissy :)
I am taing stool softeners like crazy. I haven`t had a hard bm since forever.
There is 3 possible reasons why the fissure has come back:
1: I still have a too tight inner muscle.
2: Something else is going on down there that I don`t know off.
3: A couple of weeks ago I had a terrible flu. I went to the bathroom 10-15 a day with diarrea. This may have opned the fissure since I have had more and more pain after this. My butthole is not made to have so many BMs daily.
I think it is a combination of 1 and 3...
I take nothing for the spasm pain. Nitro doesn`t work for me.
Wating for a exam under anthesia to see the extent of the fissure and if something else is going on.
Will also have a ultrasound test to see ifany off my muscles has damage if a second LIS is needed.
Fissy? Do you think the scar tissue can be a problem here when it comes to healing?
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Feb 2010, 18:33

But of course ; ) ! Scar tissue definitely can be an obstacle. That is why chronic fissures have problem closing - too much extra tissue forms and prevents correct and easy closure. Sometimes scar tissue can grow so much that it can actually cause incontinence !!! Many people do not know that and are afraid of the LIS and than become incontinent anyway due to big scar tissue formation .
Anyways - what I wanted to say - I had fissurectomy both times- they did a LIS and refreshed the edges of the fissure so it can close correctly.
It is important that fissure not only closes but closes completely and correctly - otherwise fistula can form !
I am worried though that you always call your fissure an "ulcer" :roll: . Does your CRS also call it ulcer ???? It is very important since there is a big difference in the appearance of regular cut-like fissure and an ulcer. Ulcers are almost always caused by inflammatory processes in the rectum (like Bernard had).
Please next time when you go for exam ask your CRS to explain and discuss appearance and placement of your fissure. Also - when he does that exam he will be able to see if any scar-tissue was present or not- ask !
Hope I was of any help : ) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby lars » 10 Feb 2010, 13:14

Excellent point Fissy.
I will ask my CRS about this. Maybe ask for a biopsi to be done no matter what.
Still waiting to get the date in the mail. In the meantime I am on sickleave. Don`t need the stress and relaxes on my couch most of the time. Spasm pain is not so painfull and intense when I am not sitting. Yesterday I had bearly no pain so I hope it helps that I take things easy.
Enjoying the sitcom Big Bang Theory in the meantime. I think it is so funny :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby lars » 24 Feb 2010, 09:22

Going in for an exam 9 march on anthesia. Will not do LIS at the same time. Want to know what is going on first. I just pray is is a normal fissure and nothing else.
The damn tightness is back full force. I usally have to push to have farts again. I can no longer just release them...Feel better in the evnings usally then the tightness is not so bad.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 24 Feb 2010, 11:49

Hang in there, SM!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Feb 2010, 03:03

Hey Lars, I'm new to the forum but just read through your thread and wanted to wish you the best of luck for your exam on March 9th :) It sounds like you've been through hell for a looong time now.
BTW what part of Norway are you in? I spent a few months working in Oslo (Grunerlokka area).
Hope you get some answers for your butt problem soon.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 26 Feb 2010, 13:58

Lars, wishing you the best of luck on the 9th, don't give up hope and keep to a strict diet in the meantime which is exactly what i'm doing, it's a tough ride but dietary changes do make a difference.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby lars » 02 Mar 2010, 17:47

Hi all. Thanks :)
I live outside Stavanger. Ahh Grunerlшkka. Me and my ex girlfriend where on vacation there some years ago :)
Taking alot of movicol at the time. 1,5 sackets each day. If the bm is very soft and loose the spasm pain is alot easier. I can still not "feel" my fissure when I sit down something I think is very strange. Before I could always feel it but not now. Makes me think it is not so big and severe but who knows..
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Mar 2010, 18:01

Nice, I almost made it out to Bergen and Stavanger when I was out there. Heard it's real nice on that coast. But then there was a concert (I think Kaiser's Orchestra?) in Oslo that weekend so I ended up staying to see it with some coworkers.
Just one more week for you now. Hope it goes okay between now and then!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure