sentinel pile

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

sentinel pile

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 11:01

I have what I think to be a sentinel pile. It is a little round pink swelling that comes down when I have BM and then goes back up.
So it is right at the anal opening and I think it is this that is causing me a lot of discomfort now. Does anyone know if these ever go away on their own or do they always have to be cut out, cause theres one thing for sure........Id love to get rid of it!!!! :)

Re: sentinel pile

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 11:30

I had one too with my fissure. It did start to resolve and become a skintag and then kind of assimilated into the anal topography known as my butt.

Here is a link to a thread I started about my own skin tag woes that might help. It did get better using aloe vera on it 3 times a day.

http://anal-fissure.org/general-anal-fissure-discussion-f2/healed-fissure-but-skin-tag-dilemma-t221.htm
Now, I had one from a thrombosed hemorrhoid that was just taken off when I had the surgery 3 weeks ago. So I have dealt with them both ways. They hurt!!!!

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 11:44

Lecia thanx for that, have read the thread and that sort of sounds encouraging in that the sentinel pile could resolve itself.
Sorry to labor the point but just to be absolutely clear. This is about the size of a pea and very pinky in colour and when I look at my butt (sad but this is my new hobby since AF!!!), I can see it just at the anal opening. So this is not so much of a tag as a little round pile. As I say when I have BM it comes down and after goes back up.....almost, but is stuck there in the opening and I think it is this that is giving the discomfort.

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 11:50

I have one of those, too. Right at the opening at 6 o'clock where I'm pretty sure I had a tear that has healed. Mine's kind of dimpled and balloons up sometimes when I go to the bathroom. It stings sometimes when I pat dry after a sitz bath. During the day, it gets little again, but it never goes away fully. I wasn't sure if it was a sentinel pile or a hemorrhoid. It doesn't hurt much unless I wear blue jeans too long and then that seems to irritate it.
Julie

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 12:05

That sounds like a sentinel pile to me. Mine got engorged and receeded a lot. After awhile the CRS moved it's status to a skin tag. But it still hurt quite a bit. The sentinel pile occurs as the skin starts to pull in to heal and this "sentinel" helps to guard the fissure from further injury.
And to me, the sentinel pile and skin tag both felt like a thrombosed hemorrhoid. A thrombosed hemmie would look kind of blue and purple from the blood clot though and not pink like you are describing. So I would imagine what you have is a sentinel pile but as a disclaimer I have to say "I am not a doctor" so you might want to have him take a peek just to make sure!

Postby val » 05 Feb 2008, 12:07

Yeah, I had one of those too, then it shrank and became a skin tag which they cut off when I had my operation. It hurt a lot but I was so glad they cut it off!
Nothing I put on mine made any difference to it at all.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Feb 2008, 15:03

I got one of those bulbous ones after fissurectomy ! It looked ugly and I thought I will never go away. But now after 9 weeks (is it already 9 ??? ), it shrank considerably. Aloe, chamomile and white oak helped me a lot. Now that my swelling is all gone in that whole area my anus is much smaller in appearance and sometimes kind off "pulls in" which I don't like. It does not hurt or anything, but why is it doing that? Anybody has same situation down there ? : (
But, the point is - now that sometimes tag goes in (and that is when
anus pulls is) I miss my tag - ha ha ha - isn't it crazy how our brain
works ??????? !!!! Or, maybe it is just me being crazy and staying that way after going through so much pain ; (((
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 05 Feb 2008, 17:15

I can't wait until my butt looks pulled in!!!
my skin tag didn't appear until after the abscess. The thing that my former and also idiot dr called a skin tag was actually an abscess that grew and swelled after bm. It disappeared when it drained, but with all the trauma ans scarring an actual skin tag id develop. it is not sore, just a lump of scar tissue.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Feb 2008, 18:12

LU BG : ))) !!! You make me feel "normal" XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 19:58

Fissulyna,
Did you have a fissurectomy 9 weeks ago? I didn't realize. Getting confused trying to catch up on old posts hehe. Sometimes I don't realize whos who and whatnot....
Also, I have some sort of pile or skin tag. I'm not clear about the diff but from what I gather the tag is the lesser version of the pile? Ya know I don't really know what hurts me down there half the time. Sometimes I think I should have a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy to see what the heck is going on besides the fissure. Are piles and tags things to be concerned about. My CRS thinks not...hmmmmmmmm