Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Aug 2016, 05:26

Oh gosh I would cry if I went back to 4 times a day, went yesterday morning Bristol 3 no pain only slight discomfort for about 20 mins. Then went in the evening Bristol 5 proper pain at least a 6 but thankfully only for about 3 hours. I def know it's the softness and like another member said probably the acidity of those BMs that bring on the pain, but heck knows what caused that one as I had eaten nothing new and had no stress.
I know sometimes being able to see every side/scenario is not helpful...my daughter is very much a dogmatic person and she goes through her day without a worry or a care so that is a better way to be I think. Just can't change my personality although I'm trying lol
Off to the cinema and have had loperamide and a codeine so fingers crossed no more BMs today
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 24 Aug 2016, 22:01

Sorry to hear about the pain. Hope the cinema is good fun. Recently I have seen the Bourne movie - average. Three hours of pain is still bearable hope the rest of the day was ok.
I think you are a marvelous person and just the way you are makes you kind and concerned and accepting. Kids are that way because it's so easy to look at something as black and white when they have not been exposed to all the possibilities and scenario. Haven't known you too long but I can tell you are an empathetic and genuine person!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Aug 2016, 10:03

Thanks Hun,
Thankfully it was just the 3 hours and then it was just discomfort had a nice two days with no BM as I have cut way down on food to give the fissure a rest lol.
Can def tell the Botox is wearing off now as when I apply my cream it's a lot tighter, just hoping the spasms don't start or I will be ringing the CRS up as can't live like that again.
Trying some new cream...again lol trying the MSM cream and a new balm for sore skin so will see what they do.
Thanks I do like my personality but am wondering if it impacts on my IBS as I have had my IBS since my teens, just trying to think how on earth I can slow things down lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 26 Aug 2016, 05:56

My Botox has definitely worn off. I know what you mean. But spasm did not return with pain even when I had worsening of the fissure recently. I am using coconut oil and that seems to help keep the skin supple down there. I know it did not work for you but maybe try it again? I also have used olive oil - both extra virgin. Now as you may remember I also take 1 teaspoon of Oliver oil orally twice a day and that helps too but I don't believe that would help the IBS.
Hugs
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 Aug 2016, 09:06

Oh I hope my spasms don't come back then as that was the pain that just killed me.
Had a BM last night Bristol 3/4 only mild discomfort, I do put coconut oil on once a day but not more often but may try and add in a few more although the balm for sore skin seems to be very soothing it's all essential oils so all natural.
Gosh no oil is a major trigger for me if I dip a bit of bread in oil I can go after like 30 mins and keep going for hours lol...annoying though as I really like it.
Out for a meal later to celebrate my daughters exam result...Having bread and humus but that's ok because I probably would have picked that pre fissure just a tad annoyed I can't have cocktails lol.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 27 Aug 2016, 19:05

Happy weekend ! You sound a little pain free and your daughter sounds like she had a good exam result! The cocktails can stay away till you are all healed but for the moment celebrate with hummus and water! Yay! Take care and hugs
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Aug 2016, 04:16

Well for absolutely no reason that I could see, I ended up going to the toilet 3 times in 4 hours cue pain at level 6 and the underlying feeling of a spasm that thankfully didn't kick in. I had been good...didn't succumb to a cocktail or anything nice, still ended up in pain very frustrating....
But on a good note the pain only lasted for 4 hours and didn't stop me sleeping so that's better than if this had happened before the Botox. It does give me some hope that even with my bowel being like it is I can heal my fissure once I have the LIS.
Off shopping today as it's my anniversary tomorrow and even if he is the most un empathetic and uncaring person I know I still love him lol.
Yes HTD she got great results she can now do science at college as she want to be a doctor in the army so we are all happy for her
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 30 Aug 2016, 21:16

Happy anniversary! But then that's husbands for you! So proud of your daughter - that's huuuuuge!
I am sorry about the pain. Are you meditating and doing yoga? Are you telling enough ? Maybe it's that state of mind rather than the food? Bad work days?
Take a deep breath and know that tomorrow or the day after will be better.
Hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 31 Aug 2016, 02:50

I have slowed down on my meditation a bit but am still doing my yoga...who knows I think I have come to accept that occasionally my bowel will just have these blips, maybe it was the excitement it used to do that in my teens I would get all excited n happy then end up on the toilet...it's not done that in years though lol
Went twice yesterday one was fine the other not so great but not proper pain
Hoping for a good day today fingers crossed.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 02 Sep 2016, 07:44

Yes that sounds like progress. Slow but steady, hope it's continued to be good. I have slipped up on my Yoga. How many minutes a day do you do it? I admire you for all this physical exercise despite the pain and discomfort. I am going to take my inspiration from you and try the gym this weekend. It's been mooooonths since I ran!
Hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP