Signs of nerve damage?

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Signs of nerve damage?

Postby Mae » 22 Oct 2016, 20:18

Have you ever felt a little pin prick in a random area of your body? I get them sometimes and sometimes they feel like a drop of cold water landed on me, but I check and there's no wet spot on my clothes. Generally my arms or legs. It's happened maybe lIke 4 or 5 times in my life that I can remember. I always figured it was just like a nerve sounding off when it wasn't supposed to. I never really worried about it.

But it happens in my anal area now too. Ever since my fissure. Which seems to be at least mostly healed (I occasionally reopen it due to poor diet choices). It's not really pain, just this weird sudden prickly feeling that lasts less than a second. Almost feels a quick, tiny, "cold" sensation. I feel it when I'm stressed out, probably tightening my sphincter subconsciously.

(Back when my fissure was bad, I felt a painful feeling when I was stressed. Now it's just this odd sensation.)

Does this sound like nerve damage? Can anything be done about it? It doesn't necessarily bother me, if anything it's a reminder to stop stressing out. But I don't know if it's harmful or not.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Signs of nerve damage?

Postby pinpin » 21 Nov 2016, 01:57

Hmm, I think I have not experienced anything like that, is that still continuing nowadays?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good