Essential Oils

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Essential Oils

Postby ss616 » 08 Apr 2011, 14:31

As I posted in the "New" section in my story, I wanted to share that the first time I had a fissure it was healed (completely, no pain/feeling what so ever) using an oil from "Healing Natural Oils" (http://www.amoils.com/anal-fissures.html).
NOTE: I have ZERO affiliation with this company (or any essential oil company).
I actually first thought I had bleeding hemorrhoids so I ordered an oil for that.. which is very similar to an oil they sell for Fissures. Turns out, the formulas are almost identical, the fissures one has lavender and myrrh as well in the mix.
BUT the key point is, I think it's the oil of Immortelle or Helichrysum that help tissue regeneration. Germanium oil also in the formula is a natural pain-killer. Here's an article on why Helichrysum might be the key: http://www.anandaapothecary.com/articles/helichrysum.html.
Either way, I'm going to use my NitroG ointment and H-Fissures oil as my treatment for this new fissure and I'll let everyone know how it goes... I have high hope that this oil can once again heal my fissure.
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Essential Oils

Postby Savaici » 08 Apr 2011, 15:24

Look forward to hearing. I will get some of this too and alternate it with my Nifedipine.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby ss616 » 12 Apr 2011, 16:42

I know lot of you have tried Dr. Wheatgrass, in my sheer pain, I too have ordered his super balm.
Having said that, I did a lot of research on efficacy of wheatgrass vs Helichrysum oil.
If you search PubMed for "Helichrysum" you will see countless research studies on this oil. Some say the "di-ketones" helps tissue regrow, even heal scar tissue... other studies just point to the impressive anti-inflammatory. Lastly, the other aspect it shows to have is antispasmodic attributes = which is heaven for us AF sufferers.
I'm applying this stuff during the day in between Nitro... so I hope, it does help heal.
I know I had bad AF 3 months ago and all I used is the oil and it healed... I am praying with all my soul that it can happen again.
The good news is that this is the stuff that's in the popular Fissure oils... so while it seems like "Snake oil" the basic attributes of this essential oil could help us heal.
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby ss616 » 16 Apr 2011, 17:58

Interesting finding folks... after my BM, I have bad spasm pains that can last 4+ hours. I tried after BM to apply NTG ointment to reduce or prevent the spasms... no major luck.
What I did find interesting is that if I first apply the Heal Fissure oil (which has the Helichrysum essential oil), my spasms seem to feel much reduced. I wonder if this is also because the oils can penetrate the skin pretty quickly??
I know there had to be something here as I told in another post that last time I had an AF, I was healed in 3 weeks with using nothing but essential oils (as dialitzem at that time gave me a racing heart).
I'll keep reporting if anyone is interested...
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby ss616 » 16 Apr 2011, 17:59

Here's even peppermint oil used as a antispasmodic:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16911682
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 16 Apr 2011, 19:53

Please do keep up with reporting on the Heal Fissure oil! I have not ordered it yet, but am going to do so.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Guest » 17 Apr 2011, 07:54

Yes, I also want to order H-Fissures. One thing, I am confused about, is how to use it. I have an internal AF. They wrote in the site that the formula should be applied to the fissures themselves. So, how can I apply it?
ss616 or other who used it, please answer before I order it.
Thanks advance.

Postby ss616 » 17 Apr 2011, 14:34

Stick it up there... I use "finger cots" and gently try to get it up there... you could also try putting some on a q-tip.
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 17 Apr 2011, 19:54

I am having a lot of trouble putting anything 'up there' so I just apply to the outside. I am not sure if the Nefedipine is working for sure, but have had some time where I feel better. Also trying to eat a little more, to gets things moving a bit. I am going to put my orders in this week for the oil and wheatgrass.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby alpinestrawberry » 19 Apr 2011, 10:50

Hey sav,
I think I can recommend the wheatgrass cream. I first ordered it back when my butt was a total mess, and it really seemed to help for a few days. After that, not so much, but it was always soothing, and I think I just needed to do the surgery, there was no cream in the world that would save me from that!
But I started using it again after the surgery and I think it's helped me heal my incision very quickly. Whenever it starts to feel irritated, the wheatgrass takes it away.
Worth a try!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17