Bleeding after surgery on a fistula

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Bleeding after surgery on a fistula

Postby SummerGal » 24 Sep 2011, 18:35

Yeah, it is not fun at first. Hang in there. I just had surgery for a hemorroid, fistula, and skin tag at the end of July. It took about me about two weeks to be able to sit for long. UGH! Take your pain meds if you still need them, but totally drink a lot of water and take stool softeners. I didn't drink enough water I think, and had a really hard time going to the bathroom at first. By the second week, you will feel much better. Just take it easy and try and relax and not over do things. Good luck!
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Bleeding after surgery on a fistula

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2011, 20:42

Hey john,
I have a real hard time taking pain meds. They always made me throw up...I got a prescription to help with that along with my pain meds. If I'm remembering correctly, it's called Phenergan. You may be able to mention they are making you sick to your CRS and see if you could get an RX. It really works well. My daughter had to use it with her pain meds after a different kind of surgery she had too...