Why does my body hate me?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Why does my body hate me?

Postby Seriously » 12 Oct 2011, 16:12

I swear that I had to have done something really bad to it for my body to punish me like this. I had never heard of such a thing as this until I was informed I had one and sent on my way with nothing but that information. A little over a year ago after about 4 months of dealing with the pain I finally got in to see a dr. I thought it was it hemroids which I got a few years before when I delivered my first child.  I went to see a gastro. Dr and was told itll heal on its own. High fiber diet and Some crap she told me to buy at the store to help numb it. I came home thinking I had in my hand something that would give me relief but ended up hurting even more when I put it in. Finally a few days later I called again and asked if there was anything else she can give me. She prescribed me nitrobid and thank god for it cause finally I was able to get some relief from that excrusiating pain. After a few weeks I didnt really need to use the medication anymore but it never fully went away just didnt ever get to the point of pain I was in prior...until now. I honestly dont even know what happened this time that brought it on again but it is rediculous!  Im a stay at home mom of two and I feel like I cant do anything. I was in less pain and able to do much more after having my kids then now and my first wasnt the easiest delivery. Ok now that I wrote a novel here complaining lol. I dont know what to do next. Should I find a crs now and just go straight to them now?  Being home limits my down time since its all on me and not like anyone is here to give me a hand. I really dont want to waste any time. If I need suregery I want to just do it. Thing is Im reading that they dont close up the fissure, which I kind of think I may have 2 now. Wouldnt thongs heal up a lot faster if they closed the fissure along with cutting the muscle?  I just dont want to be in pain from the procedure and still waiting weeks for it to heal. 
Sorry again for the really long message, felt good to complain and let it all out. lol
Seriously

Topics: 1

Re: Why does my body hate me?

Postby TonyStone » 12 Oct 2011, 17:41

It depends on your doc, some cauterize, some stitch, some do nothing, some make a cleaner cut so it heals easier. You just have to find a CRS you are comfortable with.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Oct 2011, 19:10

Hi seriously, I understand ur pains! When I first got fissure, I was misdiagnosed and used creams that doesn't help at all! Thus the pain was prolonged and I have no clue how to heal at all, I thot that's it for my life. That I m gonna live like this till I die.
But that is not true. U can heal! But u mut help ur body to do so. Fiber diet is a must, cos u nd to keep constipation at bay and to keep stools soft. However don't overload on it as too much fiber causes too big a stool which stretched the fissure and if not enough water to compensate, the stools wld be hard and dry causing constipation too. So just make sure u have veg and/or fruits with every meal. Also, sitz bath is mandatory to relax ur anus after every bm. This helps in healing. Apply aloe Vera if those creams ur CRS gave u can't help, it has healing properties. Use cotton bud to apply into anus. Persevere!
breathe in and breathe out and focus on ur breathing during bm, this relaxes ur anus muscles and thus reduce tension and tightness. U may also gently use ur finger to massage the anus before bm. Also use lidocaine jelly oe aloe vera or vasline as a lubricant before bm. Healing starts only when u religiously do all these routine and don't give up, even if retear. Also, do search for my success story. U get more tips there
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 12 Oct 2011, 19:23

Tonys right. It depends on the CRS. Some do fissurectomies to cut out or smooth down the edges of the fissure. Some cauterize. Some have stitches and some don't. I don't think stitching up a fissure really makes sense though. That area has to stretch with a BM and many folks who have stitches with LIS pop them open early post-op. The main thing is getting the sphincter cut so the muscle relaxes and allows the fissure to heal. Once it's loose then everything falls into place. Your fissure will heal!
If your fissure is over a year old, it's probably not going to heal. I would definitely get the surgery if it were me.
A couple of weeks of discomfort to really heal is much better than living in pain the rest of your life. You get meds, Lol. You just have to take it easy, take really good care of yourself so healing can take place. For me living with the fissure was much worse than the surgery. It also felt good to take control of my butt and to quit letting it control me. :)
Take care & Good luck