Muscle pain at week 5

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Muscle pain at week 5

Postby lurker53 » 02 Dec 2011, 14:00

Any LIS vets still have muscle soreness and pain at five weeks? Today is week five (Oct 28 LIS date) and saw CRS last night and she said I am healing at incision site (fissure is not an issue, all healed) but not healed yet, "almost healed" she said.
I asked if I was a slow healer and she said "no, this is a tough place for surgery with stool running past it all the time" but said no signs of infection (thank god).
But I sure do have soreness in my ass, incision side only and feels like I fell on that cheek from a high distance or someone kicked me in my left cheek as hard as they could with a steel-toed boot.
This started when I was put on anti biotics a week ago Monday (I finished my course of anti biotics Sunday night) and is still painful. I still have diarrhea so I know the anti biotics are still affecting me so I am hoping they are the reason for the muscle pain as well.
I don't want to take the good painkillers (not sure my, not worried about constipation) I just want it to go away.
Should I put heat on it? Should I take more baths or less? Any advice?
I really thought my incision would be all healed by now but the CRS wasn't concerned. I am the one in pain though!
Not trying to scare any new LISers honestly. I was doing really, really well until the anti biotics. I think this is just a small setback.
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Muscle pain at week 5

Postby Deleted User 579 » 02 Dec 2011, 16:41

Hey Lurker! I just pm'd you. A good way to manage pain that worked for me was taking extra-strength Robaxacet. It's a muscle relaxant, with pain-killing ingredients, but it doesn't constipate. Another boardie who was here a while ago recommended it to me, and it really helped me a lot.
I hope you feel better very soon!
Deleted User 579