I Hate My Butt

Life with an AF

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

I Hate My Butt

Postby Ihatemybutt » 06 Oct 2013, 04:25

I ran across this site when I was diagnosed two weeks ago with an AF, and I am very thankful for all the information and support that this site has and I thought I'd share my experience with the group to give back to this community a bit.

After a week of painful hemorrhoids I went to the Doctor who examined me and noticed the fissure immediately. She told me to reduce my stool consistency to "near water", increase fiber, reduce protein, zero processed foods, and sitz baths, stuff we all have been told at some point. :%_+:

This is the part were I am going to be honest.. I didn't follow her orders. I did everything, except adjust my diet.

This Einsteinian decision resulted in the most painful five days of my life! My plumbing backed up like rush hour in LA, nothing was getting processed out. :sadd: I almost went to the emergency room, the pain was that bad!

I took various amounts of exlax, fiber, and a few enimas. Nothing seamed to help, until my best friend brought me prune juice!
Within two hours of receiving that magical elixir, i passed two softball sized stools. :affraid: I actually passed out because of the pain caused by that passing.. a bad experience was had by all!. My family was thankfully away when it happened, so I recovered, dealt with a plumbing problem (softballs don't flush well..), all before they returned home :|:

More Latter! :goodnews:
Ihatemybutt

Topics: 2

Re: I Hate My Butt

Postby Please go-away! » 07 Oct 2013, 11:27

Please Please i hope now you follow your Doctors orders..lol..in time when you heal, like I have, you can add digestible protein like fish, salmon.

I still eat healthy and it's a life long thing, but that's O.K. because I like to cook and I have acquired a taste for eating foods more pure..lots of veggies and fruit..I experiment with milder spices such as sumac..( a red earthy and slightly lemon like seasoning)

Good Luck, hope your feeling better now, keep up with the prunes and prune juice, I still do.

:smilyhug:
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Ihatemybutt » 07 Oct 2013, 14:25

After that experience, I have changed my diet so that it won't happen again. My doctor is one of those awesome "tell it like it is""pull no punches" sorts, so she doesn't sugarcoat anything. I got an "I told you so" lecture from her, which i took to heart and I am on my way to healthier eating.
:catmusic:

The sad point is that I am forbidden in the kitchen (plus laundry room and garage, but thats off topic). To say my cooking skills where less then successful is a bit of an understatement. When I first met my husband, I wanted to impress him with my "domestic" skills, so I cooked a nice three course dinner that started with a salad. Now, I hate the taste of lettuce by itself, so i tended to add things to kick up the flavor, like croutons, sunflower seeds, bacon, etc. I was preparing the salad and frying bacon in the pan and accidentally tipped the entire bowel of salad over; and like a laser guided missile, the salad dumped itself out onto the open flame under the bacon pan... a few croutons caught on fire before I could react, so... the sad truth is... I burnt salad.... :booboo:

It is possible. :blowup:

And there are oooh soo many other fine and classy examples of my kitchen errors! So basically, I rely on my husband to cook :)
Ihatemybutt

Topics: 2

Postby Please go-away! » 12 Oct 2013, 20:48

oh that is so funny..does he also do the dishes..lol. here is to eating healthy..take care..
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15