Going, going, gone???

Could it possibly be healed?

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Going, going, gone???

Postby hootinannie » 12 Nov 2013, 21:03

I go to the CRS tomorrow. Except for some generalized aching and the odd tiny bit of blood, I have come out of the other side of this pain tunnel we call the ANAL FISSURE. Ugh! Debilitating, horrible condition which has changed my life. It has been (and I hope to keep using the past tense) the most painful thing I've ever endured--and I've had a ruptured gall bladder and given birth to two children! Here is what worked for me (on the sheet presented to me on my first date with the CIS). I'm not saying this is what every person with a fissure needs, but this is what helped me.

Do not expose the anal skin to hot bath water or hot shower water. Use only lukewarm water on this area.
Do not put any creams or ointments, corn starch, talcum or other powder, witch hazel, or anything else on or into the anus, unless you have been prescribed a cream like Nifedipine or Nitro (Nifedipine worked for me).
Stop taking coffee (including decaf coffee and tea - only herbal teas are okay).
Stop taking alcohol.
Stop citrus fruits and juices (apple juice seems to be ok).
Stop using cow's milk or use lactose-free milk (cheese doesn't seem to be a problem).
Put a tissue into the cleft between the buttocks and up against the anal skin (not into the anus). This can allow the skin to stay drier for the first couple of days of treatment and this seems to help. Change the tissue every couple of hours.
Stool softeners every day until you have achieved loose stools. Loose stools are associated with higher rectal pressures, which can delay healing. I used RestoraLAX, which is Canada's answer to Miralax.
Milk of Magnesia when you feel that you might not have a loose BM. Use it only when necessary. This stuff saved me.

God's speed to all of you who suffer. And I thank God for this forum. :thankyou:
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Going, going, gone???

Postby hootinannie » 12 Nov 2013, 21:05

Correction, that would be "Hard" Stools. Stool softeners every day until you have achieved loose stools. HARD stools are associated with higher rectal pressures, which can delay healing.
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby rio » 13 Nov 2013, 07:43

These are not just :goodnews: but excellent news. I am happy for you. It is so good to hear another success story.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby JHH » 13 Nov 2013, 08:38

Awesome. Congrats :-)

:Rock:
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby pinpin » 13 Nov 2013, 14:45

Yeahaaaa :catmusic:
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good