Re-tear 3 days before surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re-tear 3 days before surgery

Postby StevePain » 26 Jul 2010, 15:38

Recently I've been doing great with very little pain and discomfort, but today I'm back in fissure hell, don't get me wrong though, I can manage the pain it's just annoying that after all the months of hard work this happens, I can't say it was a dodgy BM that caused the re-tear, rather, it was the passing of too many BM's some of which were watery, I knew I'd tore again because of the discharge and immediate aching/throbbing that followed, that's all it takes to set you back months, I know by now that fissures can never be underestimated, even after weeks of zero pain, this means nothing, once you've acquired a fissure then the associated area will always be prone to re-tears, ignore this at your peril, this time I really thought I had progressed to a really good healed state, maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but at least I tried, God damn this thing it won't win me because I only have three days to wait until surgery so I guess it's justified my decision, I admit I was thinking I didn't really need surgery because there was no pain and was in two minds whether or not to go ahead with it, so Mr.Fissure, you had better say your goodbye's I'm washing my hands of you!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Re-tear 3 days before surgery

Postby cherylk » 26 Jul 2010, 19:19

Steve,
I'm so sorry to hear about your re-tear!! :( Maybe the silver lining in it all is that you really feel more positive about going through with the surgery since you had been doing so well up until this. We'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers across the pond!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Jul 2010, 23:14

Hey Steve, sorry to hear about the setback. It's definitely a partial positive as well, though, in that now there's no second guessing surgery :) Just a couple more days to go before you take care of the root of the problem!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 27 Jul 2010, 03:17

Thanks cheryl and NG,
I do feel more inclined to go ahead with the surgery now, time will surely tell, I don't think I'll stop taking Movicol afterwards, I know some people have stopped the stool softeners but I just can't take the risk, taking it for the rest of my life doesn't worry me one bit.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 27 Jul 2010, 04:24

NeuropathicGuy wrote:Hey Steve, sorry to hear about the setback. It's definitely a partial positive as well, though, in that now there's no second guessing surgery :) Just a couple more days to go before you take care of the root of the problem!
Thats the way I look at it.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 27 Jul 2010, 06:02

Steve,
Be sure to post right b/4 your surgery so I won't forget!! :roll: I've had so much going on lately with my younger son that I might forget. I'll post about his situation in the good news section after this current situation gets resolved!! Image
As for Miralax, my 85 year old mum just stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago after using it for over a year. She was only taking a little over 1 teaspoon daily, which wasn't very much!!
I was so exhausted last night that I mixed up my Miralax with Benefiber and forgot to take it b/4 bedtime as usual. This morning I drank it, and everything "came out" OK. I think once a stupid AF heals, that area can withstand more "unusual circumstances." A year ago I probably would have freaked out about missing my nightly Miralax dose. So, I think anything is possible about getting off Miralax for various persons. I personally am resigned to take it for the rest of my life just as my Mayo GI doc told me I will have to do. Another GI person told me there are lots worse things than having to take Miralax, and I agee with her!!!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46