Road to Recovery

Pain in the A$$

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Road to Recovery

Postby kyguy » 30 Nov 2013, 01:35

If you're on this site you didn't stumble upon it by accident. you're on here with a hope and a prayer that you'll find an answer that will bring you some relief. I'm 28 and have suffered with anal issues since i was 14. thats half my life!!!!! first it was always hemorrhoids, not until my late teens did i graduate to fissures. my latest occurrence opened up on the 10 of november2013. i cringed at the site of red on my TP knowing what road i had just turned down. The last 19 days I've left my house 4 times and every time i couldn't wait to get back so i could lay down and get some relief. after a lot of blood and many tears i came to the conclusion this morning and i would contact a doctor on monday get an appt. and try to get set up for the surgery…. something that I've avoided for years (this guy is scared of the knife and what comes with it). even after the decision i couldn't get off the net looking and searching for something. I'm very regular. i go every morning and if you're like me then you probably wake up in the mornings feeling pretty good only to have your day ruined as soon as you go. I've got soft stool now I've been using calmoseptime and i even ordered wheatgrass super balm and its not really getting me anywhere. i kept searching this evening and finally saw something different. it was only on one website. now I've been searching for years and had yet to see this until tonight. several people were talking about using Tinactin (athletes foot cream) and were getting major benefits from it. out of 20 reviews one person said it burned their rectum a little the rest where hailing it as the holy grail. it was 9:38 when i saw it. i knew walgreens closed at 10. got dressed hopped in truck and went. 11.16 $ later i was on my way home. in so much pain driving that i used my right arm on the arm rest and my left foot on the floor of my truck to hold my weight up to keep my rear off the seat. came in dropped my pants and with a pea sized dot on my finger i applied to fissure (mine is really close to end). INSTANTLY i felt relief. not 20 min later not 10 min later INSTANTLY. I'm still in disbelief… probably why its 1:30 in the morning and I'm still up trying to get the word to others and I've been up since 5am…. in pain. this is the first night I've used it so I'm not sure what tomorrow will hold but many people said there next day only got better. to think i missed Thanksgiving yesterday with my family. Not saying I'm going to eat what i want immediately but i know that i feel so good that i could go to work right now something that i haven't done in almost 3 weeks. you're not in enough pain if you don't try it……….. give it time you will be.
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Road to Recovery

Postby pinpin » 30 Nov 2013, 06:58

Difficult to believe from first glance, but I am so glad if it helped you! Keep us posted on your progress with Tinactin cream, as it might the miracle cure we all here looking for!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby kyguy » 30 Nov 2013, 11:38

First morning after using Tinactin. Woke up feeling great. By feeling great i do not mean 100% (no joke in the 80% range) but i am a whole lot better than i was this time yesterday. Just had a BM and there was some blood. The pain of going wasn't intense and the blood content was substantially less than the last 10 days. I instantly cleaned myself up and reapplied Tinactin. That horrid burn that follows a BM has been held at bay thus far. Don't get me wrong, since the BM all i have done is come into the living room and set in my chair (not like I'm back in the gym already). Think about this though….. when you're sitting or laying or standing in misery what does the pain feel like? Does it feel like the pain a cut getting pressed on or does it feel more like a burn? Mine has always felt like a burn. I have used Tinactin for my feet because I'm always in boots. Either leather boots or Muck boots. I have dealt with athletes foot for quite some time. When athletes foot is at its worst it cracks (or fissures) the skin on your feet. Tinactin has always provided instant relief from that. One individual on the other forum was saying something about the pain from the fissure being less about the cut and more about the bacteria from your body reacting with the cut. If you don't try it you haven't sat around long enough. 11.16$…… c mon. Excited to see what a full day of Tinactin will do. Shouldn't have another BM until tomorrow morning…. i hope. Ill get back to ya.
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2013, 13:01

Will be interested to hear how this progresses too.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby kyguy » 01 Dec 2013, 09:53

As i said yesterday was the least blood i had seen in my stool in the last 10 days. I was happy for that but obviously wanted no blood at all. I applied the Tinactin yesterday after BM and pretty much sat around all day. Did a little walking but didn't want to aggravate anything any more than need be. For the day as a whole yesterday it was the least pain I've been in in 20 days… very happy about that. I took a warm bath mid day and cleaned myself up. When i got out of the bath i decided to apply Dr. Wheatgrass super balm to my rear because it is a skin soother and rejuvenator. I don't doubt that Tinactin could be hard on skin thats why I only applied it twice. I pretty much hung out all day watching football from a comfortable position. When it came closer to bed time i poured another warm bath got in and cleaned myself. After getting out i reapplied Tinactin and went to bed. My meals for the day consisted of oatmeal for breakfast a skinless apple for lunch and an activia yogurt and banana for supper. I also took miralax yesterday early afternoon and have been on a vitamin regiment that consist of C E B garlic and zinc (all those vitamins support healing, general health and i believe skin health). I did have a BM this morning and am happy to say there was 0 blood. It wasn't a lot of stool but i haven't consumed much food to make any stool of size. The irritation after the fact as been the least it has been in 3 weeks… also very happy about that. About to take a warm bath and clean myself and reapply Tinactin. Fingers crossed……...
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby pinpin » 01 Dec 2013, 10:40

Do you suffer from spasms or pain during BM?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby kyguy » 02 Dec 2013, 09:56

igrlk a week ago yes it was terrible. when you say spasm i assume you mean the muscle rapidly contracting and releasing and I've never really had that that badly. my main issue was when i would be finishing up a BM and everything started to close back up. it always seems that you don't get every piece of stool out and when my rear would start to close up there would be something that had to go back up and that seemed to be what gave me most of my issues. now that i have gotten my diet worked out the pain when going has subsided. my diet for the past week has consisted of grapes, apples, bananas, oatmeal, yogurt (activia), and a few cans of tuna fish. just making sure i do not consume something that could make a hard stool. i know that yesterday i said i would use tinactin again but as i set in the tub after my BM yesterday morning i could help but think that every time i use something different it seems that that is when is does the most good to my body. so when i got out of the tub instead of tinactin i applied calmoseptime. very soothing and virtually set around all day pain free I'm just not too sure about its healing properties. i did try to walk to my moms house yesterday (we live a 1/4 mile from each other) afternoon and got about half way and it began to aggravate my rear so i turned back and came home. as soon as i set down it went away. This morning i had my BM and happy to report there was no blood or pain of going. its VERY clear that the area is so sensitive because after finishing it became aggravated again. not really pain but uncomfortable…. yet i know that pain isn't far from that if i don't get off my feet. Took my warm bath cleaned myself and decided to apply the tinactin again. now setting in my chair….. again. no pain which is awesome i just hope that I'm making progress (which i know i am its just so slow!!). I always apply all meds with my finger. i get a better feel on things and just feel like less can go wrong than applying with a q tip or cotton ball. theres no doubt that my sore has greatly reduced in size and inflammation. a week ago i could feel a scab on it where i would bleed so bad but now theres not its just a very soft and sensitive area. Will post again tomorrow. fingers crossed and prayers stamped and sent to the Lord!!
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby kyguy » 03 Dec 2013, 07:39

WOOO HOOOO! 3rd day with a BM and no blood and NO discomfort. On my feet immediately and no aggravation. I felt so good later in the afternoon yesterday i got in my truck and drove around for an hour and a half!!! Thats huge because the truck is one of the places it gets the worst for me. Do i think that I'm all the way healed…. hell no. will i exercise this week… hell no. will i eat whatever i want…. hell no. but if i can maintain soft stool i can overcome this episode. I haven't mentioned it but i have also been taking to spoonfuls of olive oil daily and i also bought Ensure drinks yesterday to help replenish some of the things that I've depleted my body. in the last 3 weeks I've lost 13 pounds (not to mention have the sickest set of abs I've ever had!). I will maintain my vitamin regimen and also continue to eat foods that i know will break down to a mere nothing. The key is water consumption and soft stool for those with a sore rear still. you will not get better if your stool is not soft. oh yea, think what you want of me but i have not sat on the toilet and BMed in the last 3 weeks. Instead i remain on my feet over the toilet with my hands on the wall behind me to support me. my knees are bent and rear is probably 6-8 inches from toilet seat. This takes a lot of pressure off your actual B hole and also allows you to push with your abs instead of putting that pressure on the hole. i suggest you try that as well. if you are burning today try tinactin. they sell two types…. not sure if they're exactly the same but one is in a maroon and white container and its targeted for feet while the blue and white is targeted for jock itch. I used the one targeted for jock itch thinking it would be a little more forgiving for the skin since it is intended to be placed next to a mans best friend. Good luck today!!! will post tomorrow. Prayers all sent up!
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby kyguy » 04 Dec 2013, 07:37

Alrighty. In a different place than I've been for weeks mentally. BMed yesterday around 730 and i did get a little tight afterwards. Sat around for few hours to chill things out and around noon i decided it was time to try and get up and do something. I own a small construction company and have one other person that works with me. I thought this last 3 weeks would kill him because he was on his own on the jobs that we have going on. He knew my pain was legit when he came over 10 days ago and watched tears stream down my face. He took care of business for sure and i cannot thank him enough. We have a paint job going on and i decided to leave the house around noon yesterday to see if i could be of any help. Went over and started rolling walls and after about 30 min i became a little uncomfortable so i took it easy laid down for a few and relaxed. Began to work again and soreness returned but it wasn't terrible. After about 45 minutes of it it loosened up! Don't get me wrong i was definitely moving slow but i did help. Im pretty sure there comes a point in healing that you need to become active even if it cost a little pain. SO SO SO happy to report that my BM this morning slid out with ease. Not a flinch or grimace in the least. Leaving now to continue helping paint. Obviously i have a long road before i can consume a whole bunch of different foods but I'm on the right street. Aside from the oatmeal, apples, bananas, activia, and tuna I've been consuming I've also added salad (which consist of lettuce and dressing…. that is all) and went to Kroger and got some cocktail shrimp in which i thaw and pan fry. Also added eggs to the equation. Plenty of olive on both of those. My plan for the future is to consume around a gallon of water a day and continue to take vitamins. Oh yea i did not take a stool softener(pill) yesterday although i did take a half dose of Miralax. Praise the Lord! I know i will. I know what each and every one of you are going through as you all know what i went through and i sincerely wish for your health!! Post tomorrow.
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 04 Dec 2013, 10:14

Great news kyguy, I'm so happy to hear that you are moving around again and back to work. Excellent news - well done! I think you are absolutely right that some movement and activity is right for you now. Just don't overdo it! It sounds as though you are well atuned to when you need to rest, so keep it up! Best wishes for your continued recovery.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16