sentinel pile

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: sentinel pile

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 21:08

I don't think a tag is cause for concern. Most CRSs will say they are quite benign but mine hurt very badly. It did go away with time but it hurt just as bad as the fissure.

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Feb 2008, 22:48

Dear Erin,
I had LIS with fissurectomy , and it was actually 7 weeks ago, now that I got up and went to calendar to check it - ha ha, just shows you how fissures scramble your brain forever Image !!!
Skin tag is formed as extra tissue to protect area that is injured either by piles or fissures. It is always formed above the injury sight. They are not of a concern unless they make you miserable and that they can be removed by simple procedure that is for some reason avoided by surgeons . They think that it is not worth a risk of infection or other complications if they really are not very painful . On the other side, some surgeons would remove it even if they make hygiene difficult or are source of anxiety. They sometimes can get infected anyway - becoming a source of abscess like it was case with Val and Chris. So, if your skin tag is unusually painful it should be checked for infection.
Skin tags are very common and they do not mean that anything "else" is going on, they are just a product of anal injury. Don't worry about tags unless they start acting up all of the sudden with pain and drainage. But, if colonoscopy would give you a peace of mind, you can do it ! Many doctors like to do them before LIS anyway to check for anything unusual. I didn't have one though, and I am not planing of having ne any time soon Image .
Hope I helped Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby SunshineHope » 06 Feb 2008, 03:25

Do skin tags ever go away? Lecia did yours?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby ajl1239 » 19 Dec 2012, 17:35

Guys, I have one of these in the anal area. The problem is that it keeps getting infected and inflamed. I've been on Rx twice for this -- and when it's being treated with Rx, I feel so much better. Like there is no swelling and I can wipe naturally. This is the thing that my doctor said was causing my rectal bleeding. I don't think I have a fissure (at least exterior) anymore. Can the sentinel pile be removed by a surgeon -- or do you have to wait for it to become a skin tag? I'm just tired of the pus, smell and blood...and don't want to keep RXing it over and over and over again...
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Postby pinpin » 22 Oct 2013, 12:39

How many of you have sentinel pile or skin tag, and is there way to differentiate it from hemorrhoid?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby vdb324 » 22 Oct 2013, 21:05

I had a sentinel pile. I don't know how I knew to differentiate. Perhaps, it was because I never had an external hemorrhoid, and it was flesh colored, right at the end of my fissure (about pea-sized). Perhaps, the location is key?
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52