Exercise and bleeding??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Exercise and bleeding??

Postby motherluch » 12 May 2008, 08:56

Okay, so I decide after my Disney vacation fiasco, I ended up feeling actually really good once I got over the 2 days of bleeding and the pain from the thrombosed hemmie, and I had done a lot of walking as any of you know who have been to Disney...I decided maybe I should start walking as exercise. So my friend and I went for a really nice 2 mile walk, I felt great!! Next morning...I bled again. A few months back when I bled it was after walking on my treadmill. It is weird because after all the walking in Florida, the bleeding had stopped at the beginning of that week and didn't return. What do you all think?? I know this is all hemmie stuff since my fissure has healed (thank God) but I do know that you all have great advice and I respect your opinions AND I know many of you also suffer from hemorrhoids as well.
ONE MORE QUESTION.... for all of you who do suffer from hemorrhoids...do you bleed?? Here I go again with my bleeding questions!!!!
THANKS!!!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Exercise and bleeding??

Postby cherylk » 12 May 2008, 09:46

Here are two websites for hemmroid sufferers, and I have been one in the past:
www.hemorrhoidhelp.com (run by Oregon Naturopath docs which most MD's frown upon)
www.hemorrhoidcenters.com (in 11 states)
I have received literature from both places.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby cherylk » 12 May 2008, 09:52

I was intent on getting the websites down in the previous message and didn't share my thoughts on hemorrhoids! My understanding is that the internal ones can bleed, and I had bleeding prior to my colonscopy in 2001 which I think was due to that type. I think that the external ones mostly HURT. There are also mixed ones. Hemorrhoids cause a lot of people problems which most people don't discuss with others. For example, I recenlty shared with my girlfried in CA that I had a fissure, and she told me that she had hemorrhoids in the past, her ex-husband had some treated, and both of her parents had troubles with hemmroids!! Hopefully, better treatments will continue to unfold. I was left with a skin tag which bothers me at times. The literature from the two websites is helpful in explaining hemorrhoids.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 12 May 2008, 11:57

It sounds like your internal hemmies are flaring up. Can you go back and see the doctor that did the IRC since that seemed to help for awhile? I know you are worried about the bleeding. hems can be caused by heavy exercise but I can't imagine walking would do it. Maybe they are swollen and then the friction from walking irritated them? They might be swollen though from all the walking you have been doing and standing in lines. Glad the thrombosis went away though. Those are soooo painful.

My husband is having a flare up right now with bleeding but is finding the hydrocortisone suppositories to help quite a bit. I also have heard good things about freedhem which is a charcoal based cream that you put in your rear that helps to draw the toxins out. I have some here and thought I would experiment on my husband and see if he notices an improvement.

Postby happyass » 19 May 2008, 05:37

lecia,
how is the freedhem working out in the experiment?
happy.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 07:58

Oh, He said he thought it helped. He is not bleeding anymore and doesn't feel so full and itchy. So it seems like it helped. You thinking about trying it?

Postby buttgirl » 19 May 2008, 10:15

what is freedhem?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 May 2008, 10:23

Isn't that when the stitches on your pants-cuffs come loose?
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 19 May 2008, 23:35

Lecia -
You know alot about hemmies - are they likely to come back after RBL? Are they likely to come back with another pregnancy as long as I am not constipated? Do you know if you can have RBL done again (years later)?
Sorry for all the questions - you always seem to be my go to gal when I need some answers!
Thanks!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 07:25

Freedhem is a charcoal homeopathic cream that is applied internally before bed and it helps absorb toxins and has some astringent/anti-inflammatory properties. I found mine at drugstore.com. There are reviews on there about it.

Unfortunately, I do know a lot about hemmies-more than I care to! Hemorrhoids can come back after RBL but that happens mosty for people who have had hemorrhoids for years (are prone to them) or who continue to do things that could cause them to develop again. I have had 15 RBL so yes, it can be repeated as needed. My husband gets his banded once a year or so if they flare up but he had them for 15 years before he did anything about them. I think if you can avoid them by not getting constipated with pregnancy but pregnancy in and of itself is a risk factor.