Posting no longer available.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Posting no longer available.

Postby juney » 02 Mar 2009, 19:28

i'm not really caught up with everything on the board but was just browsing this post and wanted to say hi snafu. you are definitely not in the minority having your fissure for 2.5 years (nor in having to go back for a 2nd LIS sorry to say). i've had mine since July 2006, so about the same amount of time. since then i've tried everything to get it to heal, including 3 surgeries (2 sphincterotomies and 1 fissurectomy, most recently in sept 08 i am still not healed and my life continues to revolve around this problem. i don't have the pelvic floor complications you do, but i've dealt with a lot of other "female" related crap the past few years. feel free to message me if you want. welcome to the board!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Mar 2009, 23:14

All of my CRSs told me that I can do whatever I feel like doing after 2 weeks, and the only instruction was not to carry anything heavy . I did start sitting pretty soon after the LIS, but I do not remember how soon.I had my first LIS around Christmas and went out for New Year - so I was sitting by than - that is for sure LOL. As far as I know most people are able to sit without problems after 2 weeks but we here like to pumper our butts and give them special treatment to make sure nothing goes wrong after the LIS , probably exaggerating may things and rituals ha ha, but - once you are "bitten by a snake" an earthworm is equally scary Image , I guess...
You deal with pain very well and you already had a LIS - so you know the routine : ))) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 04 Mar 2009, 02:37

Fissulyna wrote:All of my CRSs told me that I can do whatever I feel like doing after 2 weeks, and the only instruction was not to carry anything heavy . I did start sitting pretty soon after the LIS, but I do not remember how soon.I had my first LIS around Christmas and went out for New Year - so I was sitting by than - that is for sure LOL. As far as I know most people are able to sit without problems after 2 weeks but we here like to pumper our butts and give them special treatment to make sure nothing goes wrong after the LIS , probably exaggerating may things and rituals ha ha, but - once you are "bitten by a snake" an earthworm is equally scary Image , I guess... !!!

I too wonder, maybe we do too much out of things? I know Jen sat after LIS. I think it hurts if I sit a lot now after LIS, but I would really like to know if it potentially can damage the healing process. Pain I can deal with, but I will not risk anythink after having this fissure thing for so long...
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Mar 2009, 13:19

How is it today, Corsica? Still on the up and up healing curve? Maybe if you stop doing that yoga as per your avatar it would speed the healing along? Image
Are you continuing to just take it easy and pamper yourself?
Deleted User 5