What does a healed fissure look like and feel like?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What does a healed fissure look like and feel like?

Postby bigbabyboy » 27 Jul 2011, 12:49

I know that I will never be the same "down there" since having a child, but when a fissure heals, what does it look like, or feel like? I am wondering if I look "normal"?? TMI but it seems as though there is a lot more puckered skin around my anus than before having a child. I do have a very small skin tag that developped from my fissure, but that has shrunk an enourmous amount over these past 8 months. I honestly don't see a tear anymore. Just a slight redness after having a BM. I don't have spasms, a little swollen after having a BM, minor itching, no bleeding or scaping pain. Do you think I'm on my way to recovering??? Wouldn't that be nice?
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: What does a healed fissure look like and feel like?

Postby Deleted User 579 » 27 Jul 2011, 14:08

Hey BBB! It does sound like your fissure is healing. I haven't had children, so can't say what a "normal" butt should look like after childbirth. Maybe othe will chime in.
When my fissure was healing, it did look (and feel a bit) like a raw, red area until it healed more and normal tissue grew in. There was a bit of a scaping feeling while it was healing too. It's great that you aren't experiencing pain or spasms! It does sound like you are on your way to recovering. Image
Just be careful to take good care of yourself. It takes a long time for butt tissue to get strong again, so I definitely think keeping to a fissure-friendly diet and keeping the stools soft will help make sure you heal for good. :D
Deleted User 579

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion