acute AF, now have sentinel pile; question and advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

acute AF, now have sentinel pile; question and advice

Postby Prospero2 » 08 Jan 2012, 19:48

Hi all,
Thank you for having this forum and maintaining it.
May I ask for some perspective on something?
I was diagnosed with an AF on Dec. 14, a little over three weeks ago. I think I caused the AF with a hard stool (due to constipation and large hemorrhoids) on Dec. 4, about five weeks ago.
I have been on nifedipine ointment for about four weeks, among other things (corticosteroid suppositories, high fiber diet, lots of water) for a little bit longer. Just in the last week, I seem to have developed a sentinel pile. It's right in line with where the AF is... is hard, a lump, and a little itchy and a little painful. As I read the stuff out on the web, development of the sentinel pile is not a good sign. I had hoped the nifedipine would help the acute fissure to heal, but the development of the sentinel pile suggests (according to what I read) that the fissure has become chronic and perhaps unable to heal on its own without surgery.
I have an appointment to see my CRS in a week, which is two weeks before the original follow-up appointment, but I'm sufficiently scared that I moved the appointment up in time. I'd like to avoid LIS if I can and have 100% recovery, with no risk of post-LIS incontinence, but I am worried that the emergence of the sentinel pile is a bad sign for me.
Any comments on the emergence of a sentinel pile? I suppose I'll find out in a week from the CRS whether the fissure appears to be healing or not, and whether it shows signs of problems in addition to the sentinel pile. But I'd be grateful to learn from your experience.
Prospero2
Last edited by Prospero2 on 08 Jan 2012, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected misspelling
Prospero2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: acute AF, now have sentinel pile; question and advice

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Jan 2012, 23:18

hi there, yes sentinel pile is a sign of a chronic fissure. It's an extra skin tag basically, some has pain with it, some don't (mine has no pain that i know of)
Going to the CRS is the right thing for you to do! From there, u'll be able to have a proper examination.
Mine is also a chronic fissure with a skin tag at 6 o'clock, however after 4 months+ of hell and torture, i started to heal and has no pain frm the fissure, only some irritation and pain from my internal hemorrhoid occasionally. I'm an advocate of natural healing and i do think there's still a SMALL CHANCE that one could heal a fissure conservatively (at least mine did).
Do take a look at this thread "my success story"
If yours is a deep fissure, healing can be tough, you'll probably be a gd candidate for LIS as many has done well and got back their life with it. :)
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19