Eveerything is ok, I hate to say good yet and jinx myself..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Eveerything is ok, I hate to say good yet and jinx myself..

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 18:15

Buttgirl,
Wow what did you have done? Surgery? because of the fissure? or the abcess? I have lost about 19lbs since May ( trust me I had it to lose) is that a bad thing? I eat no junk I also eat alot less, I was a piggy and could really eat a huge plate. Not anymore.

Patty

Postby buttgirl » 17 Jul 2007, 12:10

On the surgery: I got a fissurein Jan 2006. I told my drs. it was infected but they wouldn't believe me. Come dec 2006, I got tired of the fissure not healing and of the sore lump--not skin tag, lump--on the side of my anus, and I pressed on it hard. Out came puss and my drs. finally believed I had an abscess. they put me on a huge dose of flagyl for two months (2000 mg/day) to try and clear up the abscess, but since it had been around for so long, it had epithelialized nicely and the drugs wouldn't penetrate it. so in mid feb 2007 they brought me into the OR and cut my anus from above my fissure to the outside--about 1 1/2-2 inch long cut down to the muscle.

Since then I have actually been healing. The botox helped me with the last bit of fissure that was deep inside and most subject to the spasms. Now the pain I feel is from a roid I recently got that was irritated by one of the injections. i wouldn't say I'm sured yet, but I have not had fissure pain for about a week (knock on wood).

About the weight: I mentioned weight because I an on the thin side 5'9" and 138lbs. Losing 19 lbs would be bad for me. However, if you have 19 lbs to lose that is grerat, especially if you are eating healthy and cutting out the junk and fat. The flagyl gave me chronic diarrhea that lasted for 2 wks after I stopped taking the meds., and my drs. response to my concern over the loose stools was that if I wasn't loosing weight, I was probably getting mopre benefit from the antibiotics than harm from the diarrhea.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2007, 18:09

Buttgirl,
Wow you have been thru alot. I am sorry. I have my appt with CRS tomorrow. I want to ask about surgery. I have been going thru this for months and I am tired. Question, since they cut you so much during surgery how did you have a BM? Did it hurt? I will let you know tomorrow how it goes. He needs to examine me first (yuk) I am taking Adavan to keep me calm. But of course he will probably have to schedule me for a scope and they will have to put me out for this. or maybe he will ahve me try something else cream wise. Who knows. Thanks again.
Patty

Postby dano » 17 Jul 2007, 21:07

i lost about 8-10 lbs since all this started,just eating different stuff...i found the metamucil caplets to be a god sent for me,less gas and soft comfortable poo....they are "formed" but not hard in anyway,once in a while if i skip a meal and get up late on a weekend and throw my routine out of wack a little,i'll more than likely get a harder than normal stool,but nothing rock solid..
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 09:44

Pooping was awful for the first couple months after surgery, but at least I knew when the bms would come and that they would not be too hard. At first, my motto was thank god for sitz baths and vicoden. Then it became thank god for sitz baths and advil. I definitely don't recommend the surgery, but it seemed that it would be the only thing that would clear up the abscess, and it did.

The scope should be no big deal. It may be somewhat uncomfortable, but for me, it always hurt far less than pooing. The one exception was the time when my dr told me to bear down while he was inserting. The pushing hard reopened my fissure. My advice: just relax. If you can slather some extra nifedipine or nitro in the area you'll be fine.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67