Muscle...Ouch

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Muscle...Ouch

Postby Jenbug » 19 May 2012, 16:49

I am so sorry to hear that you're suffering! Try and hang in there. There has to be light at the end of all these tunnels!
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 19 May 2012, 18:32

Wow, lots of great info and encouragement! Today has probably been the best day for me post surgery but I'm too scared to think I've turned a corner. I need to have multiple days in a row like this. My doc is very conservative so I know he didn't do any aggressive stretching but I'm curious to see if he has heard of the standar dilation procedure. Hope everyone is enjoying a pain free night!!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby jr2 » 19 May 2012, 19:08

Flanders,
That is awesome news! Gosh, I know it must be so hard to let hope rise again, but this news is awesome to hear!!!
So, I'm going to hope for you that this does mark the turning of THE big corner!
Image Image
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 19 May 2012, 20:17

Thank you jr2. I'll let you hope for me too :D
I hope you are surviving, sometimes that's all we can do.
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2012, 21:45

jr2 wrote:Fiissulyna,
I am so grateful for your well wishes. I would love to hear of the surgeon's name you're referring to who performs dilation. The SF Bay area would be a lot closer than NY to me. I'd also be really grateful for the name of the surgeon who performed your second LIS if you would be willing to share that too.

I will send you a PM : )))) !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby jr2 » 24 May 2012, 19:30

Flanders,
Just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling?
jr2

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 30 May 2012, 18:19

Hi jr,
I'm doing ok, it's been a saga, like everyone else :) I am still having pain but when I think about where I was a month ago and where I am now there is definitely improvement. Found out last week I have two internal hemmies that are actually causing the bulk of my pain now. On the one hand I was glad it wasn't an infection but of course now have to deal with these.
I ended up getting Botox yesterday to help control some of the pain (doc wasn't to sure it would help with hemmy pain) but it was also to continue to help the fissure heal, which it is. I'm a little more sore again but was expecting them doing additional would cause more irritation and minor swelling. Didn't need pain meds, just Advil and went to work today with no problems. I think I've finally managed to get my expectations under control and give myself time to heal. If I feel this way 5 weeks out of surgery I only have to look forward to feeling even better in another 5 weeks. Thanks for asking! Sailorgal was so right in that it's really taken me a month or more to turn a corner.
How are you?? Any improvements?? I sure hope so!!!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 30 May 2012, 21:05

Flanders...
geez, it seems like its always something, huh? Image
I think your outlook about expectations really is so helpful. I think it's a good lesson for all of us, to take things one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, sometimes one breath at a time. I'm still thinking of you and hoping for the best of relief and full healing very soon. Image
Thank you so much for asking about me..well, I had one day of breathing room where the pain was at least a little less.., then a really bad few days of diarrhea and fissures are back fully open and fully alive. *sigh... This is what has been going on for 9 months now. I'm trying really hard to work on the thoughts and emotions, but some days are just sacrificed to tears.
Keep taking good care of yourself and being gentle on yourself. And I'll try better to learn fom you and get my expectations under better control. Thank you for showing me that!
jr2