Re tear after hernia surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re tear after hernia surgery

Postby bigbabyboy » 09 Jun 2012, 17:25

I went an entire year not bleeding or having pain after I had botox...I was on a role and had a great routine. I just had surgery 4 days ago to repair an umbilical hernia and low and behold...I was on pain medication that bummed me up and I couldnt go for three days....went today and I tore and bled. Have been heving some minor aching in my rectal area all day now. Im so disappointed. :( I cant go back to the place I was at a year ago...I just cant :( I finally had my life back and now its upside down again. I ordered more wheat grass cream so I should be getting that in a couple of weeks. seemed to help a bit last time. I cant afford to get more botox. It was covered by my medicare last time but the surgeon told me the last time that it wasnt going to be covered anymore. :( Should I get in to see my CRS right away or just wait it out and see if itll heal on its own? If I can even get back into her without a new referral?!?!? Im looking for some reassurance that it will start to heal once my stomach feels better. The operation has hurt my stomach muscles pretty bad. Can someone shed light on if re-tears heal?
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Re tear after hernia surgery

Postby jr2 » 09 Jun 2012, 20:53

bigbabyboy,
Yes, even retears can heal, particularly when you know the event that caused it was because of an unusual situation like constipation fom surgery. If you can get your bowel back on track with soft, easy to pass stools with no straining and you can do good supportive care like keeping the area clean and doing sitz baths, there is no reason not to believe your fissure will heal. You might want to try getting an appointment or referral started for a CRS as this can take some extended waiting time and that way if you aren't feeling better in the coming weeks you will at least have the ball rolling on your appointment.
Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery from your surgery and healing of your new fissure all on its own!
jr2

Topics: 15