Healed 10 years of fissure and 2 years of fistula

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Healed 10 years of fissure and 2 years of fistula

Postby PJ999 » 01 Oct 2016, 08:28

Hi Fine and Dandy, I've got all the ingredients now and I'm about to start the regimen. But...

I read everywhere that Arnica is not safe to apply to mucous membranes.

And my fistula's external opening is right on the border of the mucous membrane, making it impossible to avoid contact with it.

My question to you is: where was your fistula located? Where was your external opening where you applied the oils? Did it get in contact with mucous membrane?

The ingredients I now have are Oregano oil, DMSO (this strengthens the effects of all the other ingredients, and also has healing properties), Arnica, and Calendula oil.

I'll probably replace the Arnica oil with calendula oil since that is safe to apply to mucous membranes.

DMSO also makes the other ingredients go into the bloodstream through the skin, and Arnica can be toxic when too much of it gets into the body. So that's another reason why I in my personal situation will avoid using it for my fistula, since I'm also using DMSO.

But I'm curious to hear how you used it and what your experience in regards to what I described here is.

P.S. more about DMSO as it relates to healing a fistula can be read here: http://blog.listentoyourgut.com/periana ... treatment/ (it also talks about Oregano oil)
PJ999
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fine and Dandy » 01 Oct 2016, 22:30

wow, that link was great. I really thought I was the only one that had used oregano oil. I'm really glad to find some confirmation from others. It is hard to know if with my case it is just a fluke for me, or possibly the real deal.

I don't know anything about DMSO. I also wasn't aware of any bad effects of arnica oil or I would have put that in as a disclaimer.

That said. I tried oregano oil by itself and it helped but didn't get it to go away all the way. Close, but it kept on coming back. When I mixed in the Arnica I was able to heal the fistula once and for all.

I didn't want to mention it before because it was still ongoing testing, but since having healed the fistula I have had two more abscesses, one of which was recent. Applying the mix of lip balm, oregano, and arnica made each of them go away. I am grateful because had I not had it, I can't help but wonder that I would now have three fistulas.

As for the application, I agree with the article. Ease into applying as much as is tolerable. It very well might burn at first. By the end of the treatment, I was applying externally and internally. Because the fistula isn't healed until the inside also heals. And yes, I applied arnica that way too as it was a part of the mix. I can't tell of any ill effects. The main thing I noticed is it all healed up. If you aren't comfortable with arnica and want to try DSMO, I say go for it. Experimentation is important. Who knows? Maybe it could work even better.
Fine and Dandy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Fine and Dandy » 01 Oct 2016, 22:34

also the article said 5 times a day. I just did once in the morning and once at night, and once after each BM. So I was doing like 3+ a day.
Fine and Dandy
Fibre Addict

Postby PJ999 » 02 Oct 2016, 11:29

Ok great, thanks for describing how you used the Arnica. I will weigh it in my decision making.

My fistula is tiny so probably I'll stick to 100% for sure safe ingredients at the start to see what it does.

I've had very good experience with Calendula by the way. I had redness around my anus. Not 100% sure why, but probably because of the fistula leakage making things moist there... And Calendula cleared it up in 3 days after I tried a lot of other things that didn't work.

I also used Calendula to eradicate a mysterious rash on my face. Doctors were as clueless about it as ever, randomly prescribing me creams that didn't work. Kinda like playing Russian roulette...

[rant]I really lost my respect for doctors over the course of the past year by the way. They're just prescription writing robots in my opinion, I mean c'mon, do some tests to find out what's really going on you lazy bastards.[/rant]

Anyway, I swear by that stuff now, Calendula, hence why I'm also using it as one of the ingredients for fistula healing now.
PJ999
Salt Bather

Postby PJ999 » 03 Jan 2017, 03:58

My fistula has been gone now for 3 months or so.

I stopped the oregano + calendula oil treatment about a month ago because I felt a small bump in my anus when applying it inside. I figured it's because the oils blocking my pores, so that's why I stopped. My fistula was already gone for a while by that time.

So far all seems A OK, only thing I felt since then is some pain in that area when I sneezed really hard. But that could also be because I was operated there, and maybe it's still somewhat sensitive to strains such as sneezing. Normally when I sneeze I don't feel pain anymore though, it was just that one time...

So bottom line, all seems ok, so far nothing is recurring, but I'm careful to keep applying to make sure of that because of that bump I talked about before. If it comes back I'll post again here. If it stays away, I'll go play some tennis.
PJ999
Salt Bather

Postby Fine and Dandy » 03 Jan 2017, 09:01

I'm glad to hear it worked!

Thank you for reporting back.
Fine and Dandy
Fibre Addict

Postby MajButtProbs » 14 Aug 2017, 19:51

Yo purchased your remedy all of the following on amazon:

Herbal Choice Mari Organic Arnica Oil 100ml/3.4oz Glass Bottle

UpNature Wild Oregano Oil 4 OZ - 100% Pure and Natural, Undiluted and Unfiltered, GMO Free, Premium Quality - Oil of Oregano Is Perfect For Use For Co

Burt's Bees Lip Balm Tin, Beeswax, 0.3 oz, 2 pack

should arrive in two days WILL POST AT FIRST SITE OF POSITIVE RESULTS

my story:

diagnosed with crones a few months ago probably had the disease for 5 years
just started methotraxate 25mg weekly(just began this medication 2 weeks ago)
use miralax everyday
various vitamins
5years since first discovery of fissures (could have been a life long issue slowly getting worse 10 years before the 5 years)(chronic everlasting)(more than 1 fissure)
hemorrhoids
Doctors medications dont work its either home remedys or surgery :butthurts:

may this horrible s#it end please god.
MajButtProbs
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Fine and Dandy » 15 Aug 2017, 21:52

Please start of slowly and with a limited supply. Expect some burning sensation but that burn will also help to calm any spasms you might be having. Might take an hour. Also, for the first few days I actually saw more blood I instead of less in the stool. I know that sounds scary but I'm sure your used to it by now.
Fine and Dandy
Fibre Addict

Postby Fine and Dandy » 15 Aug 2017, 21:54

Also. Please report back in a month with your experiment. Would be really good for others to get the feedback for better or for worse.
Fine and Dandy
Fibre Addict

Postby PJ999 » 16 Aug 2017, 04:03

Hi, here's an update to my situation...

I tried these 2 different compositions:

1. 7.6% pure oregano oil, 28% pure DMSO, 64% Calendula oil (I also tried a slightly stronger variant of this mix)
2. 7.6% pure oregano oil, 46% Arnica oil, 46% Calendula oil

The first one works the best for me. The one with Arnica oil seems to create some irritation with me, I apply it mostly internally.

Progress report:

As long as I apply #1 I have no symptoms and no visible tell signs. But when I stop for a few weeks I start feeling something again, though still no visible signs.

It might be I just need to apply it longer or more frequently to completely get rid of it, cause obviously it's at least helping. I apply it 2 times per day now.

In the future I'll probably dedicate myself to try applying it every x hours for a while in an attempt to completely get rid of it.
PJ999
Salt Bather