How I healed

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

How I healed

Postby fullfill » 15 Sep 2016, 07:54

When i read on forums that it can take a few weeks i said to my self 'There is no way im living with this pain for that long'! EVERYTHING HURTS.... Sneezing, Laughing, Coughing, Walking, Sitting, Lying down... the list goes on... follow these steps and it cleared up 3 days.

1. Your going to need a few things from the shop - The first is Anusol Cream (despite people saying its not as good as preperation H and other stuff its has worked wonders for this reigime and is designed for anal fissures and hemeroids. The second is COCONUT OIL (MAGIC STUFF).... Anchient chinese cultures still use this to heal wounds of all kinds and this really was the turn around stuff for me. Thirdly... Ibuprofen for temporary pain relief and lastly Dulcolax tablets... I will show you how to use all these products for a quick repair in a minute...

2. Psychology ... DO NOT sit at home and wallow in pain and sadness. Go to work, see your friends, live a normal life but be careful. Positive mentality keeps you relaxed and promotes healing. When i was at work i barely felt any pain because i was so distracted, but when i was at home it was constant pain. Make sure you do this, im certain this has really helped. Also do not be affraid to tell people exactly whats wrong with you, i have found great amusment talking to people about it and 6/7 of the people i spoke to had been sufferers too, its nice to know your not the only one and you can see them well and happy!

Here is my reigime that saved me:

1. The night before take 1-2 of the Dulcolax, it doesnt kick in until the morning but you need this so you dont damage yourself further. It is not a laxative it makes it all soft and squidgy and it just falls outta you. Minimal pain.

2. In the morning your gonna need to have a bowel movement, before you do. Run a bath and put a few table spoons of cocnut oil in it. (hot bath), then have your bowel movement. Mine was too painful to wipe so as soon as i finished i hopped in the bath and the water IMMEDIATELY relives the pain (BLISS).. and the coconut oil moisturises and heals. Stay in there for a good 10-20 minutes and then i promise you it wont be hurting as much now so now you can apply the anusol cream.

3. Before you head off to work or start your day, take 2 ibuprofen. After all this, it will sting a little but by day 3 you can barely feel anything.

4. Make sure you take your ibuprofen after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had high fibre cereal for breakfast, water all day normal lunch and whatever for dinner.

5. Make sure you re-apply cream if you have a bowel movement during the day. I tried to just have one in the morning so i could not aggrovate my anus too much.

6. After dinner, take your ibuprofen, run a bath with coconut oil and just sit and relax for as long as you can (make sure you put NOTHING in your bath except the cocnut oil as soaps and stuff can dry you out and make it worse).

7. Before bed, take your dulcolax again drink plenty of water and get good nights sleep.

This regime has fixed me in 2 1/2 days pretty much which i found amazing (i think it was the cocnut oil, which stings like a bitch but is AMAZING, i doesnt numb pain but it promotes healing). I am so pleased to be living a normal life again so quickly as i thought i would never be the same again. It is really important you dont fester at home doing nothing as it will only make it worse, go out, see the world and forget that its there.

Hope this helps people as it has really helped me and i wanted to share this with others.

Hope you all feel better soon!
Last edited by fullfill on 13 Dec 2016, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
fullfill

Topics: 1

Re: How I healed

Postby pinpin » 01 Nov 2016, 06:03

Welcome and thank you sharing you story! We are indeed happy you are healed now. Ibuprofen does it job, braking spasms cycle.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Katie » 08 Nov 2016, 14:29

Hi but can I please ask how long had you had your anal fissure for? I have had mine for 11 years on and off but worse the last one year and 4 months I have tried the creams and had bottox and even an op a month a go but what can I use to keep my bm soft but not keep going to the toliet 3 or 4 times a day!! I try and drk k lots and eat clean the best I can?
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby pinpin » 09 Nov 2016, 01:52

Miralax is something what is very useful in this case.Have you tried this?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Katie » 09 Nov 2016, 02:12

No I have not but will get some is this a softner only? As don't want something thsts going to make to go lots of times as I don't have a prob going to the toilet thankyou X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Rovers316 » 20 Nov 2016, 06:51

I have been suffering for over. Year . My fissure comes and then disappears and then keeps coming back . I have tried gtn ointment and also diltazium however gtn would give me headaches. Diltazium is OK to use however like I said my fissure keeps coming back
I went to see a consultant and he confirmed I had a fissure and eventually I persuaded him to allow me to have the Botox . Unfortunately by the time that Botox appointment came my fissure was going through the healing stage . Hence when he put the camera inside me he said he could see where the fissure was and it was healing nicely hence there was no need to do Botox which I was disappointed with .
Since then it has come and go numerous times . Clearly the medication on the nhs is not working on me . Hence I am doing the following go help me ;

1. I massage coconut oil around my anal area and the skin Round it
2. I have just established aloe Vera gel . This stuff is amazing. I got it tube from Holland and Barrett for £8 and again I use this to rub around the Anal area
3. I use. Sitz bath now and again with salt and a little bit of detol, however be careful to use just a bit of detol as it can cause skin burning
4. I take two tablets of senokot every night to soften the poo
5. This is something I have tried and does provide relief. I use a baby carpool syringe as it is smooth near the tip . I basically put a cocktail of things in the syringe and squat it into my anus as oppose to just around the anus. The cocktail consists of a little of of olive oil coconut oil a dab of diltazium and a squirt of aloe Vera. I don't put too much now of any ingredient just a bit . I then use the coconut oil to lube the anal area and then gently insert the syringe . I then squirt everything inside . I find this provides some form of relief for me personally. It works for me however may not work for others
Rovers316

Postby ESun » 03 Mar 2018, 20:15

Pinpin hi!
I am so curious about your comment. For someone who suffers from anal spasm after a BM, how long does it take the kick the spasm cycle (with daily Advil after a BM, stretches, diet, etc)
Thanks!
ESun
Salt Bather

Topics: 3