THE ULTIMATE CHRONIC FISSURE HEALING GUIDE

you can heal your chronic fissure without any surgery with this routine

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

THE ULTIMATE CHRONIC FISSURE HEALING GUIDE

Postby waves » 15 Apr 2017, 11:56

I have been dealing with a chronic fissure since the 1st of March 2016! Today we mark the 15th of April 2017 and I’m completely pain-free, can move around, ride a bicycle and do anything I want without having to worry about pain! The tear/wound is still there but it is completely numb and seems to be shrinking day by day. I want to give you guys hope that you CAN heal a chronic fissure without the need of getting surgery! Just hang in there and don’t give up hope! However, don’t expect any quick results. You will be in there for a longer ride. It really takes an extremely long time to heal and you have to follow my protocol very strictly for several weeks.

I was actually shocked how little so called “professionals” in the hospital know about fissures. Usually they just dismiss you and tell you to use some pain killer creams and hope for the best. Or they right away tell you that you will need surgery to get rid of it. They didn’t know much about using essential oils for treating fissures – and this was in one of the hospitals with the “so called” best reputation in Switzerland. I think as long as the big pharma companies don’t have a product for it, the doctors in the hospitals also don’t know much more about it (because there’s no money to be made if there’s no expensive chemical product from a pharma company).

I haven’t really done anything to treat the (chronic fissure) for months because I thought it would heal by itself (how naive of me…). Of course, it didn’t. After many relapses with pain and bleeding I finally decided to start researching for non-surgical treatments. I found a lot of information scattered around the Internet on how to get a fissure to heal.
To be honest, I’ve tried so many things together so I can’t tell for sure which ingredient of them was the “key” to get it healed. Anyways, that combination of the oils listed down below did the trick for me.

A bit more detailed information about my fissure:
- Chronic fissure for around 1 year at the time of starting with the routine.
- Daily bleeding and burning/itching pain all day long.
- The fissure tear was about 4-5cm long and relatively far inside. Nothing was visible from the outside.
- Hypertrophied anal papillae at the beginning of the fissure-tear (quite far inside).
- No sentinel skin tag
So here it comes, my ultimate guide on how I was able to heal my chronic fissure:

MY ULTIMATE CHRONIC FISSURE HEALING ROUTINE

What you need:

- Cotton balls
Make sure to get non-colored organic ones.

- Nifedipine
You will need a prescription for this so better head to your doctor ASAP to get this. Also make sure to get enough of it. My doctor always gave me a prescription for one month only which really is a joke if you’re dealing with a chronic fissure. Directly ask for a 6-month prescription for it so you’re on the safe side and don’t have to run back to the doctor all the time. This cream will make your sphincter muscle relax to increase the blood flow in that area which is needed in order for the fissure to be able to heal.

- Lidocaine
You can get this OTC cream in any pharmacy. It’s a strong pain killer which you can apply whenever you feel like you’re going to get muscle spasms. If the pain is gone you’re unlikely to have spasms. It won’t have much effect on the actual healing I think.

- Zinc cream
I used this whenever I was away from home (at work for example) after a BM and was not able to follow my essential oil routine mentioned below.

- Manuka Honey
This medical honey is extremely expensive (I paid 60$ for one jar). Because I was so desperate and in pain I didn’t want to leave anything to coincidence (by buying regular honey), that’s why I bought this medical honey. But I think regular supermarket honey might also do the trick. I occasionally used normal honey instead of the Manuka honey.

Oils

Antiseptics
- Thyme essential oil
- Oregano essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Clove bud essential oil

Nutrients
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil (extra vergine)
- Black cumin oil
- Chia oil
- Flaxseed oil

Pain relief
- Arnica oil

Supplements
- Psyllium (alternative: Metamucil)
- Wheatgrass
- Zinc pills

I ordered most of the oils from Ebay since the prices are much lower there than in the local shops here in Switzerland.

Preparing the oil mixture:

I used little Tupperware containers for the oil mixes.

1. Put about in the coconut oil and the Manuka honey. Then I put the container with that mix in the microwave for around 45 seconds. Make sure to just heat it until the coconut oil is liquid and the honey kind of mixes with the oil. Don’t boil the oil as the nutrients in it might be destroyed otherwise.

2. In each container put 2 drops of thyme oil, 2 drops of oregano oil and 2 drops of clover bud oil. Don’t add more because these oils are very aggressive and might burn if you use too much. These oils act as an antiseptic and will destroy any bacteria in your fissure.

3. Add about 2 tablespoons of lavender oil. Since lavender isn’t as aggressive as the other oils you can add a bit more. Also, your butt will smell really nice of lavender. The lavender oil also acts as an antiseptic.

4. Now add the nutritious oils: flaxseed oil, olive oil, chia oil, black cumin oil. You can use plenty of them since they are probably the most important ones for the healing (plus the coconut oil). Also, they act as a lubricant which is really important. Otherwise you will have a very hard time to push the cotton balls in your butt if it’s not lubricated enough. It’s up to you of which oil you want to use the most. You also can leave out one or two of those oils and for instance only use olive oil. I usually varied a bit every time I made a new batch of oil mixes. I usually used mostly olive oil since that one is a great lubricant.

5. Last but not least I added some of the arnica oil. I found out that it works as a pain killer. Sometimes I put some drops of the arnica oil on my finger and rubbed it on the fissure directly to get rid of any burning pain.

6. Now take some cotton balls and tear them apart into smaller pieces. I usually used 1/3’s of a cotton ball. If the parts are too big it’s difficult to put them in your butt without losing too much oil while pushing it inside.

Put the cotton balls in the container with the oil mix. Close the lid and shake the container well that the cotton balls are soaked entirely with the oil mix. I used a fork and tore the cotton a bit more apart in the oil so it soaks up even more oil. There should be no visible white cotton left in the end (white means it’s not soaked with oil).

My daily routine:

First thing in the morning after waking up is drinking my almond milk / honey / wheatgrass drink (I’m writing in more detail about this a bit below). After that I down 1-2 espressi to get my bowel movement (BM) going. Heading to the bathroom to have my BM. I have completely stopped using the toilet the “normal” way. Whenever I was at home and had a BM I was sitting on the edge of my bathtub and used the shower head to spray my butt with warm water until the sphincter was relaxed. Like this the poop will literally just fall out of your ass into the bath tub. I know it sounds gross but this definitely is the most relaxed way how you can poop. Also, you don’t need any toilet paper to clean off. Don’t push, just sit there and give it time until your butt releases the poop by itself. Often I even directly remove the shower head and use the water stream directly in my butthole - basically to flush out the stool. This way your butt has "no work" to do.

Right after the BM I removed the shower head and did a “deep cleaning” of my butt. I guess you can also call this enema if I’m not mistaken. I pumped the water stream directly into my butt and flushed out all the remaining poop. This is quite a time-consuming task. You will be amazed how much poop your butt still can spit out even though you’ve been flushing the ass with the water stream for 15-20 minutes already. Usually I flushed it once and then got up and do something, such as preparing some breakfast or have another coffee. Then head back to the bathtub and flush again. I usually repeat this about 3-4 times until I’m 100% sure there is nothing left in my butt. You really have to be EXTREMELY sure that your butt is absolutely clean. You have to be able to eat from your ass it has to be this clean. I think this is the most important part of the whole routing. Keeping the ass sterile and clean!

If you can’t remove the shower head or don’t have a bathtub I guess you can also do an enema. Although I really would recommend using the water stream from the shower since that has more cleaning “power” in the water stream.

Once you are completely clean inside you can open one of your Tupperware containers. Use your finger to capture some of the oil and then rub in your butthole with the oil. You have to go inside your hole with the finger to lubricate it everywhere. Then take one of the cotton balls and tear it a bit apart. If you see what cotton then soak it more in the oil. The whole cotton has to be very soft and lubricated. If it feels a bit rough add some more olive oil to lubricate it. If it’s not lubricated enough it will be painful to insert the cotton. Next try to relax your sphincter as much as possible and push the cotton deep inside your butt. Make sure the cotton is placed exactly over the beginning of the fissure. Then add more cotton balls and push them also inside. Make sure the entire fissure tear is covered with cottons. I usually used about 3 cotton balls (1/3’s) each time. If you have a hard time to insert them use smaller but more pieces.

After that you probably have a huge mess in your bathtub. That’s usually when I took my shower and washed down all the oils etc. in the bathtub.

After a few minutes you might notice a mild to strong burning sensation. This comes from the antiseptic oils (clove bud, thyme etc.). Because of the burning your butt might think that you need to poop. But that’s just a false alarm from the burning sensation. Try to keep the cotton inside for as long as anyhow possible. Best is if you can keep it in for around 4 hours until you have another regular BM.

It sometimes happened to me that the sensation got too strong and I had to poop the cottons out again. If that happened I usually used too much of the antiseptic oils. If that happens to you, wash your butt again and put more cottons in.

You have to make sure that you have cottons in your butt at ALL times of the day and night. This is really important!

Next get the Nifedipine cream and apply it at the sphincter outside. This will relax the sphincter and help with the healing. In my case I think it didn’t help too much because the fissure was a bit inside (started 2-3cm inside).

Then you’re ready to go to work or do whatever. During my work days I wasn’t able do follow that routine obviously. On those days I brought my Nifedipine cream and a zinc cream with me. I tried not to have a BM during work hours but sometimes it was inevitable. If that happened I applied the zinc cream right after the BM and reapplied the Nifedipine cream again.

After work, the FIRST thing I did at home usually was to have my BM (in the shower, not on the toilet). If you poop inside your shower you can pick up the cottons you pooped out and inspect them easily for blood. In the beginning, I always had red cotton balls (soaked with blood). But eventually it got less and less until I had no blood in the cotton anymore. After BM do the deep cleaning of the butt (enema). Repeat the process until you’re completely clean inside (and no water left inside). And then insert more cottons like you did in the morning. Try to keep the cotton in until after dinner (that’s usually when another BM is about to happen). As mentioned above, after every BM you have to do the enema and put more cottons inside.

The most important part comes before you go to bed. Do your enema and put cottons in. Try to go to bed early because the body heals the most during sleep (it’s your body’s dedicated healing time). I started going to bed 1h earlier than I normally would so my body has more time to heal. Don’t forget to apply the Nifedipine cream again at the outside.

I was doing this strict routine for about 3-4 weeks until I started to notice that the blood was getting less and the pain noticeably decreased.

Don’t expect any quick results. You really have to be patient with this and follow the routine a month or so before you will notice a change for the better.

Diet regime:

[b]Wheatgrass drink
[/b]
First thing every morning was to fill a cup with almond milk, adding some honey and put a tablespoon of wheatgrass in it. Heat it up and drink this. It tastes really good. Tastes a bit like matcha latte. The wheatgrass makes your poop turn green and keeps it very soft. On a work day, I did this before going to the office and again when I returned home from work. On a day off you can be more flexible and drink it 2-3 times a day. Honestly, I’m not 100% sure if this will have any effect on the healing but it tastes really good and it won’t do any harm so why not do it? My idea of this is that the honey and wheatgrass has some healing properties when it passes your intestines.

Psyllium / Metamucil
After EVERY solid food you eat immediately drink a glass of water mixed with a tablespoon of Psyllium. It will also regulate your stool and keep it nice and soft. I brought a container of the psyllium to work and after lunch break I prepared a glass of it and drank it.

Other things I’ve tried (which didn’t help me)

[b]Prorepatine
[/b]
Really, I think this is just a scam. While the oil mix of that product is actually great (I stole their recipe for my own mix), they charge around 30€ for a super tiny bottle of their oils. It lasts for like 2-3 applications before you need to buy a new one. You can save a lot of money and do the oil mix by yourself. Also, they won’t publish any negative customer feedbacks (go ahead and try it out on their website). They just post the positive feedbacks.

Tordynex Fissure Stick
Similar like Prorepatine they also seem to just post positive feedbacks and delete negative feedbacks of their product (I tried it out). I bought the stick and used it for many weeks but honestly, I think it didn’t have any effect on me.

Acupuncture
I spent like 1000$ for acupuncture sessions. Reflecting on this I think this didn’t help me anything. Temporarily I felt like it was alleviating the pain but ultimately, I think there was no lasting effect. Don’t’ spend any money on this.

Anal Dilation
I bought a butt plug to dilate my sphincter (4-5cm diameter). I did this for a few weeks but I think it didn’t really make much difference. I guess it depends on your sphincter muscle pressure. If you feel like your sphincter is very tight you might give it a try with the butt plug.

Sitz Baths
I actually never did the sitz baths because whenever I had a BM I did this in the shower anyways. I used the warm water to relax my sphincter before I had the BM. If you don’t have a bath tub you probably can do the sitz baths instead of the showering.

Stop drinking coffee
I’m a heavy coffee drinker (10 cups a day) and I never stopped drinking coffee. I don’t think it has any negative effect on the fissure as long as you stay hydrated.

Homeopathic stuff
I bought some homeopathic stuff which supposedly works as a pain killer. However, I used so much of that stuff and didn’t feel any difference.

There you go, that’s my routine in detail. As mentioned above it took me about 4 weeks from daily bleeding and constant pain until I can wake up and have no pain and no blood until I go to bed in the evening! I hope this routine will help you too! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll gladly help!

Good luck and really give it enough time and be strict with the routine!
waves
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: THE ULTIMATE CHRONIC FISSURE HEALING GUIDE

Postby patience_and_healing » 17 Apr 2017, 21:56

Wow, waves, this is a really detailed and intense guide to fissure healing. I doubt I'll be able to follow it fully, but I'll definitely try some tips like using warm water before BMs. Congrats on being pain free, and I hope you never have to see a doctor for this problem again. :)
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby waves » 20 Apr 2017, 01:20

Thanks, patience_and_healing :-) Yeah I thought I be as detailed as possible to hopefully help some people getting their fissure in check.
It takes a lot of time (since I'm doing that routine I haven't been able to arrive at work before 8:00 - usually I was in the office at 7:00) but I think in the longer run it's worth it. Still better than getting surgery!
I'm still putting in the oily cotton balls but it takes a bit less time now since it's painfree and I feel I probably don't even need them anymore. I just want to be 100% sure that it's really "done" and not suddenly relapses. I guess I'll continue with the cottons until around June 2017.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 20 Apr 2017, 10:23

It's a good idea not to stop the routine too early.

I don't know how I would use all these oils though. Coconut oil is the only one that feels soothing. Even olive oil makes my fissure burn so these other ones would most likely hurt too.
patience_and_healing

Postby mamafizz » 20 Apr 2017, 18:50

Waves, happened upon your detailed accounting, thank you for your post , I too believe essential oils are helpful. Have you experienced any ongoing muscle issues such as , (feeling of incomplete going>) this is a sign of internal hems also, just wondering if you had any dull achy feeling just prior to it healing and being pain free, or if there was any residual discomfort. ?
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby waves » 22 Apr 2017, 05:05

patience_and_healing wrote:I don't know how I would use all these oils though. Coconut oil is the only one that feels soothing. Even olive oil makes my fissure burn so these other ones would most likely hurt too.

I really recommend you to use at least one of the antiseptics like the lavender or thyme oil. In my case in the beginning it was burning quite strongly but I really think that this makes all the difference in healing. It will keep your bum sterile and kills bacteria etc. (ok the bum never will be fully sterile but you know what I mean...). Having a clean bum is key for the fissure to heal.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 22 Apr 2017, 05:11

mamafizz wrote:Waves, happened upon your detailed accounting, thank you for your post , I too believe essential oils are helpful. Have you experienced any ongoing muscle issues such as , (feeling of incomplete going>) this is a sign of internal hems also, just wondering if you had any dull achy feeling just prior to it healing and being pain free, or if there was any residual discomfort. ?

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I don't get an email notification when a reply has been posted.

Well in my case in the beginning I could barely sit or walk it was so painful. Had more than one day where I had to leave the office early because I was just not able to sit any longer.
Eventually that strong pain went away and in the next stage I had a relatively strong pain whenever I tensed up my bum muscle (you know when you do the "close the butthole" move with your butt-muscle). Then I felt like some burning and cutting pain inside. I think that pain came from the hypertrophied papillae I had. Eventually that shrunk in size and then also the pain went away and I was left with a constant pain (much less strong though). Few weeks further and also that pain was gone and I only had some kind of burning pain at the "outside" of the bum (still inside but close to the opening). Further down the road that also sort of diminished.

But especially in the beginning when I started with the mentioned routine in my original post I had a lot of burning pains when I applied the cotton balls. I usually started to feel really sick from the burning oils. But you just have to endure this and keep it inside for as long as anyhow possible.
Now I can just put in the cottons without any pain or discomfort. I'll continue with that routine until end of May 2017 or so just to be sure that it really is healed and no relapse happening.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby Islandbutt » 30 Apr 2017, 23:44

I am new to this n did not dream so many people were having such a chronic problem that a forum exist.
Now I am starting to wonder if I will have to live with this forever It's been almost a yr n nothing seems to b working. Rectiv, hydrocortisone, muscle relaxers n NSAIDS. The doctor says the fissure has gotten bigger. It occasionally bleeds n painful sometimes even after a soft BM. Next step is Botox says the doctor. I am worried because I have seen where some people says it doesnt work either. I do not plan on having any surgery because even that does not guarantee a cure. Help
Islandbutt

Postby patience_and_healing » 02 May 2017, 12:28

Removed
Last edited by patience_and_healing on 02 May 2017, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
patience_and_healing

Postby mamafizz » 02 May 2017, 19:49

Waves, thanks Did you ever have the spasms and that dull higher up near tailbone ache, and has that subsided if so?
Island, The Botox basically healed the fissure. Did you have any internal hems? Sometimes these can have similar symptoms with regard to the healing process. Spasms? Hard to tell how the improvement is going. Sounds similar though!
Patience, are you scheduled for your procedure soon? Any update/improvement?
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1