The cure is actually really simple!

Cure for anal fissures

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

The cure is actually really simple!

Postby Rosco9 » 06 Jul 2017, 16:47

Anal fissures suck. The usual prescription drugs you will get are nitro/diltiazem cream to help relax the sphincter muscles. You're told to take Metamucil. You're told to drink more water. Thanks modern medicine for falling so short of being helpful for this painful condition. You see, anal fissures are incredibly simple problems of anatomy, and thus there is a simple fix for them. It's a cut, that happens to get torn open daily from the bottom up (the way fissures heal) and so there is very little forward progress in healing. Add to that the bacteria and and nerve endings in the Anus, and it's a horrifying experience. I'm going to teach you how to cure the one you have, as well as any that happen in the future in less than a week.

Get your diet on point first...
lots of fiber rich foods from now on. Beans, whole grains, rice veggies, fruits, etc. Limit red meat and nuts, popcorn, seeds, etc.
Be careful taking supplemental fiber like Metamucil, this will bulk your stool and prevent the fissure from healing when you pass large stool. Natural fiber in foods doesn't bulk this way and is a better choice.

1-take Miralax daily, along with magnesium citrate, these are safe osmotic laxatives that will keep your stool like soft serve ice cream no matter what you eat, and can be used long term if desired.

2) put petroleum jelly in your bum with your finger before every bowel movement, this will lubricate and prevent tearing of the fissure. Squat over a handheld mirror.

3) squat on the rim of toilet or buy a squattie potty, this straightens your digestive tract and makes you not need to push or strain as much.

4) buy desitin 40‰ zinc oxide cream and start applying with a q tip directly into the fissure cut itself (very important) after bowel movements and before bed. This speeds up skin renewal significantly and will heal the fissure in just a few days (seriously) if you also follow the above steps.
If your fissure is to the muscle, or if spasms are a problem when going, then use diltiazem 10 min or so before bowel movements, then use the petroleum right before. Breathe deep and concentrate on relaxing, don't strain at all.

Continue with the poletroleum jelly every bm for a few months atleast and you shouldn't have another fissure. Start wiping with water soaked toilet paper, don't use soap or alcohol based wipes anymore on your bum these will dry out the Anus.

That is it! No potions or drinking random things to heal from the inside out... This is a simple problem with a simple fix! Soft stool, petroleum to prevent re-tears daily, keep the Anus clean with water, and use zinc cream to heal the cut much faster than it normally could. You've got nothing to lose and getting your life back to gain, go out and buy the things I've outlined and you can be done with this in a week!
Rosco9
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: The cure is actually really simple!

Postby intrepidpanther » 16 Jul 2017, 10:23

This sounds like a good, easy to follow plan and I've been following it the last 2 days. Already seeing more consistency when I go and seems like it's giving my bum a chance to heal. It's a really frustrating thing because I eat mostly veggies every day and still am running into this fissure issue. Wondering if I might be getting too much fiber, or maybe after it heals I'll be able to go back to usual.

Regardless, thanks for posting these steps, I'll let the community know how it goes after a few weeks!
intrepidpanther

Re: My fast cure for anal fissure

Postby Mec40uk » 03 Dec 2017, 04:23

What an incredibly painful issue this is..! Nobody mentions the psychological torment too re; anxiety before every BM and anxiety when traveling etc. And I’ve not even mentioned the pain yet..!
I will tell you how I healed mine in a week.

1- Purchase a bidet for cleaning and soaking after every BM. This is massively important as the area needs to be clean as possible all the time to encourage healing.

2- In the UK we have a tablet called Dulcoease. This is stool softener. Take at least 6 per day every 3 hours. You can’t rely on just eating a high fibre diet and masses of water as something could still easily create a firm stool which would cause straining. Dulcoease turn your stools as soft as snow so you can eat most things, except of course meat and poultry. I ate fish rice veg fruit etc. Please avoid all red meat during your fissure.

3- Lidocaine (Branded as ‘Anusol’). I used the suppositories as you just pop them up rather than using the cream and trying to use your finger. Place the suppository in every morning after BM and last thing before bed.
When having a BM place your feet on a low stool or telephone book. You need to be in a squat position as this will straighten the colon and the stools will drop out. DO NOT STRAIN!! The Dulcoease will have done the job of softening the stools anyway.
To also encourage quick exit for stools press firmly underneath your belly button for around 10 seconds as this will make your poo rush out. After BM wipe with chemical free baby wipes and then fill up bidet with warm water and soak for 15 mins before placing in suppository. Then just get on with your day and wait as the healing takes place.
After a few days this should have healed.

The main big points to encourage healing is;
Sit in bidet after every BM
You must must take stool softener tablets. Don’t rely on just hi fibre diet.. too risky!!
Use a lidocaine suppository after every BM (after bidet soak) and before bed. Do not forget.
Use wet wipes without chemicals for wiping after BM (never toilet roll)
Mec40uk

Re: The cure is actually really simple!

Postby tightbutt5678 » 21 May 2019, 10:05

Thanks for this post! I am interested in the zinc cream application. I have heard others mention zinc-based creams which may be what I am missing. I currently have a great diet and control spasms with rectogesic and baths but the fissure is still there even if I can mask the pain. Thanks a million!
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17