Hope

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Hope

Postby ouch_88 » 18 Jul 2017, 03:55

I have been living with the misery of an Anal Fissure for nearly 9 months now, if you'd told me back in October that I'd be dealing with the pain for this long I'd have felt devastated. I don't need to tell any of you how debilitating it is to have to deal with this pain every single day.

But, there is hope, and I'd like to share this with you. A couple of months ago I was still experiencing pain on and off so decided to visit my Dr for yet another checkup. What she told me came as a surprise. She said there was absolutely no evidence of my fissure anymore, she could not see or feel anything out of the ordinary. It had healed. Gone. In a way this was hard to hear as I couldn't understand why I was still feeling pain, but I decided to accept what she was saying, and since that day I have no longer referred to my "fissure", as it is no longer there. Instead I have been calling it my "residual pain" left over from a fissure that used to be there. Psychologically I really think this has made a difference. And I am pleased to say that I am now going full days where I barely notice any discomfort.

It's a very sensitive area down there, and from my experience with sciatica and shingles I know it can take a very long time for nerves to settle down after they have been irritated. Try to keep this in mind and focus on taking care of yourself.

It really helped me to look at the situation differently. And I hope it can help even just one of you too :hugs:
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Hope

Postby patience_and_healing » 25 Jul 2017, 16:16

Thanks for your inspiring post. I hope we can all go on to live pain free lives eventually. :)
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: Hope

Postby ouch_88 » 26 Oct 2017, 07:51

Today marks 1 year since my AF journey began and I’m happy to report I am HEALED!!
There were times when I thought this day would never arrive. But it has, and I will be forever grateful. I will never ever take being pain free for granted ever again!
Never lose hope. It can get better. It did for me. Xx
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7