Had my last surgeon appointment yesterday (Botox)

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Had my last surgeon appointment yesterday (Botox)

Postby T-Rex » 06 Aug 2013, 03:27

Hello everyone,
Let me just say how glad I am to see that there's a success story part now! (Keep in mind I haven't been here in a long, long time.)
I remember someone saying why no one ever talks about their success story, and someone else posted it because if you had been healed, you wouldn't need to be on this board anymore!
Anyway, I had Botox injections last October, and then again in February, and I had my final appointment yesterday to say that I'm healed. Sometimes it's still a little 'tingy' and itchy, but when you compare it to how it used to be, it's fine!
Every night I take 2 spoonfuls of lactulose because I'm still scared that it will come back, my doctor said that's fine (I have slight anxiety problems, plus who wouldnt be scared that it will come back!) so I get a repeat prescription because he said you can't get addicted to it.
When I started visiting my surgeon and he mentioned Botox, alot of people from my reading were very unsure about how much faith we should put it in, because sometimes it doesn't work. But i am now 6 months pain free, so if anyone reading this is unsure whether they should try Botox or go straight for LIS? Try botox first! It might not work, it might work, and we all know you just want cured but the risks are less and it may just work for you.
If you have any questions or want any more information, post here! Or private mail me
Wish you all a speedy recovery
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Had my last surgeon appointment yesterday (Botox)

Postby puzzledbutt » 06 Aug 2013, 04:23

hi t-rex! so glad to hear ur cured with botox, happy days! i got botox 7wks ago for the 1st time i havent bleed since but i have had 2 or 3 days were i thought that i might re-tear because of all the odd feelings i had but havent so far thank goodness. i was wondering could u tell me about the 1st round of botox u had and when u got ur 2nd how were u feeling, did u feel still sore when u only had 1 round? and did u have a skin tag at ur fissure. thank u so much for posting ur sucess story t-rex all the very best to u :-) xxxxxxxxxx
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby T-Rex » 06 Aug 2013, 05:57

Hi, so glad you're having success with your Botox!
Well, the problem was I had a polyop aswell which was like a hemmie in that it came out when I went to the toilet. (Graphic but we're all friends here!) So that was rubbing against the AF every BM. My first round of Botox i also had to get that removed, which I assume was the reason I was still sore after my first round of Botox.
After my first round I was still in so much pain! The first or second BM were the worst pain I've ever felt! However, that was also because of my Polyop being removed, and that wound was still fresh. I just had baths, showers, and spent most of the time curled up crying! Luckily, I had (And still have!) a very supportive boyfriend which helped. But I knew I would need a second round of Botox.
So my surgeon told me he would need to do another round and that was fine. I felt fine going in for my "surgery" because I had it before and it's very easy and you just wake up after feeling refreshed! However, after my second Botox there was no pain at all! I woke up the next morning DREADING(!!!) the need to go to the toilet, I cried before I went because I remembered how bad it was after my first but when I went it was fine! Just like nothing! I cried after it because I was so used to pain and it was gone! :) 
So, yes, after my first Botox it was still sore and tender (But remember! I also had a polyop removed!) and after my second round, I felt very fine. Sometimes I get slight pain and irritation but overall it's no were near as sore as before.
To answer your other question, yes, I still have a skin tag. The surgeon didn't seem to worried about that when I saw him yesterday, and he also said that I had scar tissue but he didn't seem to worried about thateither! I'm honestly not very sure what a skin tag is or what exactly it means, but if my Surgeon doesn't seem worried then who am I to worry!
Puzzledbutt I wish you the very best of luck with your healing! If you have any pain or discomfort, don't worry! I have had some pain and discomfort, but nothing has come from it and if you have any more questions just ask me and I'l answer them if I can!
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby puzzledbutt » 06 Aug 2013, 14:30

Thank u so much t-rex for answering my questions it was alot of help. Im so sorry u went through all that pain with ur first round of botox and getting that really nasty polyop away. I asked if u had a skin tag because i have one and i was wondering would it stop me from healing fully, my doctor said it was really nothing and not to worry about it , so im trying not to. But as ive said so far so good no blood and im starting to feel really good. Sometimes i worry about when the botox wears off will all the pain return?? But im trying just to enjoy being pain free for now. T-rex thank u for listening and i wish u continued healing and happiness. :-) xxxxxxxxxxxx
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby T-Rex » 06 Aug 2013, 14:34

My skin tag hasn't stopped my healing as far as I'm away! My surgeon said that there was a skin tag and a scar there, but he didn't seem worried at all, so I'm not worried about it either.
Well the Botox has worn off on me I assume! ( I think it lasts 3 months or so?) and I'm still okay. Enjoy being pain free and hope it won't, and if it does you can always get another round of Botox if your surgeon/doctor suggests it.
Best of luck! Image 
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 30 May 2017, 21:54

T-rex its been a few years how are you now any retears? I thought the scar tissue had to be removed other wise it will keep retearing like a weak spot it can't stretch ?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37