Life changing fissure my diary

Things I am trying

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Life changing fissure my diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Nov 2017, 10:09

Oh noooo Hun...I work in a bail hostel and know how on point you need to be in that kind of work.
Try not to be too hard on yourself you put in time and effort to try and heal your fissure and you probably have come very close but if your resting pressure is high then nothing apart from Botox or LIS will help.
Trust me I actually had hallucinations as I had gone that long without sleep due to never ending spasms ( I now understand why it’s used as a form of torture). I looked so I’ll my hair started to fall out and I lost 8 stone in just under 18 months. Fissures truly are up there at the top of life changing pain. I have friends on a support group who have had anal cancer and now have fissures due to the treatment and they say the fissure pain is just the most unbearable feeling.
Good luck on your shift and hopefully your doc will speed things through for you.
Are you in America or the UK?
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizinpink » 12 Nov 2017, 19:15

Mypoorbut, I'm in the U.K., I'm going to sort my appointment out this week, as I never know what each day will bring and it's draining.
Saying thst I've had a great day today, that's only as I been at work and not had BM since this morning, so I litraly dread tomorrw !
I've been taking magnesium and it seems to help loads, but I say that about everything new I try! Then I have a bad day and back to hating my bum!!!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Lizinpink » 16 Nov 2017, 17:31

Had some very bad days then the last two days have been ok. I had post d a few times on my bad days but for some reason it won't let me, which is a shame as I like to look back at bad days to see if it's always when I've neglected my bum! The last two days have been good, although I think I may have a fissure inside at the back too, I recognise the deep ache in had before I got reall bad with this fissure. I think looking back I've had many, just they healed. I've googled deep ache in bum and stinging after BM many times. Not realising what was in store for me !!!!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 16 Nov 2017, 17:33

I'm loving the magnesium I'm sure it's helping keep BM soft. I'm still having lactulose at night and take magnesium morning and night.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby yenrac » 16 Nov 2017, 18:08

Are you guys able to visually SEE your fissures? I feel like I'm not able to do that.
yenrac
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Nov 2017, 03:11

Glad all seems to be going well LP hopefully the soft BMs will help any new fissures heal quickly.
Yenrac, I was never able to see my fissure as it was hiding between two rather large hems. Also two CRS’s missed it completely although they did diagnose a fissure as my symptoms were so plainly due to them.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizinpink » 17 Nov 2017, 04:03

Yenrac I think mine was inside to begin with, then it split and I could see it, but looked tiny! Now it's just inside again which feels easier to deal with as doesn't sting as much, still painful but I found the rawness of it being at the actual opening was added pain. I can cope when it's not raw, I put in one post felt like a cut that had vinager poured on it, hopefully I'm passed that but who knows, these fissures have a life of their own, no two days are the same!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 17 Nov 2017, 05:22

Today, so far my BM have been soft and I got nagging discomfort rather than pain, I guess I'd of said a few months ago in in pain, but my measure of what pain is has changed. There is no comparison to how I feel today compared to some days I've had. The back of my butt still feels sore inside so I do think maybe I've got a fissure inside. I'm still on coconut oil oral and anal route. Magnesium, lactulose and if my BM start to get lumpy or hard I take dulcoease. I have sitz baths still and take tumeric. Atm this is my routine, also recotogesic but not everyday. If I continue as I am I hope to not need the Botox, but one more bad day and I'm going for it. I just don't want general anaesthetic if it was as easy and quick as it is for the face is of gone for it ages ago! Fingers crossed there is an end to this!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby yenrac » 20 Nov 2017, 19:07

I think I've decided for surgery. Going to the Dr tomorrow to schedule.
yenrac
Fibre Addict

Postby Lizinpink » 21 Nov 2017, 00:08

Yenrac good luck with your appointment, I've considered it on many occasions. Saying that I've had a few good days, but it's still an option for me. Let me know what they say X
Lizinpink
Salt Bather