AF Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: AF Diary

Postby Dnank » 15 Dec 2015, 14:55

During BM pain is consistently low now. More like discomfort but not completely normal. I still get anxious and worried before I go every time. I'm so worried about tearing again, but its always consistent thanks to miralax. I did have some minor after bm burning yesterday. It feels like it's more on the outside than the deep fissures I had. It could be the sentinel pile. Maybe that's the last part to heal.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Dnank » 19 Dec 2015, 12:28

I'm 95% back to normal. There's still a little discomfort when going and the psychological impact of this ordeal is hard to get over. I'm still taking the miralax. My diet is slowly returning to the way it was before but I am eating more healthy than before. In a week or so I plan to reduce the miralax to a half dose per day.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 28 Dec 2015, 19:19

I haven't updated for a while, but I had a hopefully small setback. I think Christmas food has not been good for me. I also took a fiber supplement I don't usually take. The only fiber supplement I have found that doesn't bulk up my BM too much is konsyl. Any other type of supplement makes me feel bloated and full all the time. It can actually make things worse. Konsyl seems to help keep things moving and doesn't have bad side effects. I need to stick to a small dose of that only.

Yesterday my BM was larger than it has been for a long time and I had to push harder than I have been. I think i saw a little blood on the stool but none on the tp. I'm still taking miralax, so I think it's just too much holiday food and fiber. I was feeling so good lately and thinking I was back to normal, but I am definitely not. It's so easy to have problems now.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 31 Dec 2015, 09:43

I'm definitely still not completely healed. It hurts during BM again, but thankfully I'm not having spasms after. The fissure seems different now, more on the outside and not the deep internal one that caused all the after BM pain. I'm back to my strict diet and routine again. Deviating before I completely healed is what got me into trouble again. I haven't had much improvement over the last 3 days but hopefully since I'm getting back to my routine I'll start healing again.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 02 Jan 2016, 21:47

I estimate I lost 2-3 weeks progress due to the last setback I had, but I think I'm back on track now. I have to be very careful well beyond the point where I think I'm feeling normal again, like a month. It's proving very difficult to get fully over this. Now that I know the drill it isn't so traumatic to have a setback. I'm able to catch it before it gets very bad like it was in the dark times. I feel like I'm 90% healed again.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 08 Jan 2016, 11:00

I'm now about 95% back to normal - again. I am continuing to stick to my diet and routine for as long as it takes to get to 100%. I still have mild burning for a couple hours after BM and mild discomfort during BM.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 13 Jan 2016, 09:34

I still have blood on my stool and a tiny bit on the tp, so I know there's still a fissure. But the pain level is low. I'm not having any after-bm spasms, just mild burning for a few hours. It's like there are two different types of fissures - deep ones that cause severe spasms and mild ones that don't. I definitely prefer the second type, but I would rather it just go away completely. If it weren't for the miralax I'm sure I would have had a big, hard and dry BM that would have given me the bad fissures again. I plan to just keep going as I have been and hope it finally heals but I don't currently see an end to this. I've read about others living with it for years. It would have to be the mild type because having had both, I know noone could live with the bad ones for years. It's been at least 5 months now.

Also, I received the levorag. It took over a month to come. I started taking it a couple days ago, twice a day. I haven't really noticed any change yet. I'll update the diary on that in a few days. I'm hoping it will help me get over this now that I only have the more mild type of fissure.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 04 Feb 2016, 16:04

It's been a while since my last post. I've had ups and downs but never had a bad setback. Currently, things are going very well. I'm not 100% but I'm very close now. I haven't seen any blood for a week and I feel nearly normal. I was finally feeling up to running again yesterday. I haven't been able to do that for 5 months. Things are feeling more normal lately. My diet is returning closer to what it used to be but I'm continuing some of the more healthy improvements like veggie smoothies and eating less in general.

I was having a bad day about a week ago and tried some of the nifedipine. I itched for two days. I just can't use it at all anymore. I was having burning after BM, which didn't continue, so I didn't really need the cream anyway. I sometimes feel that after a BM some lubricant in there would help. I have now started inserting some Vaseline with a Q-Tip and that helps more than I thought.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 18 Feb 2016, 23:16

Had a bad week after one hard BM on Monday. I've been constipated all week. I skipped miralax for 3 days last weekend and didn't eat very well. BMs hurt and are bloddy and I've had some after BM pain too. It isn't nearly as bad as it was but it is a pretty big setback. I was so close to being over this, and a single bad BM brings me back down.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 19 Feb 2016, 21:31

Constipation for me includes
- having to push harder than normal
- hard stool
- small BM and feeling like I didn't finish
I still usually go daily. It's just not a good, easy BM. I had this problem all week.

I need to figure out why I get constipated because that aggravates the AF. My best guess now is the combination of diuretics I take for bp, drinking alcohol and skipping my daily miralax dose. I did all three last weekend and I think that's what did it. I continued to drink lots of water daily but it seems like that's not enough. I never used to have to worry about this stuff.
Dnank
Salt Bather