AF Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: AF Diary

Postby Dnank » 06 Dec 2015, 18:56

I'm thinking the itching might be due to using the nifedipine long term. I've read posts from others about developing rashes to these prescription creams with long term use. I'm not sure it is tied to that, but I haven't used it yet today and haven't had nearly as much itching. I plan to apply some tonight or tomorrow to see if that's the case.

BM came a few hours earlier today. Pain was only 2/10 during BM. After, there have been a few sharp pains, but mostly just constant discomfort. I guess I'll call it progress, but I'm definitely not seeing big improvement now. I'm guessing I'm 80% healed, but this last bit of healing is taking forever. Hopefully it is actually healing in there.
Last edited by Dnank on 07 Dec 2015, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Dnank » 07 Dec 2015, 21:02

Still improving. Today was a little better than yesterday. BMs have become very predictable and nearly normal. There's still a little pain during and after and I still get anxious when I feel one coming. I guess that will go away at some point. If I wasn't able to keep my stool soft with miralax and diet, I don't think I would be able to heal because its taking so long.

Itching wasn't bad today but I woke up in the middle of the night itching terribly. I applied nifefipine before bed. I haven't used it at all today to see if I itch tonight.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 07 Dec 2015, 23:05

Quite common to get a reaction to Nifedipine eventually. Could you get your doctor to change to Diltiazem?

Glad you're mostly doing well!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Dnank » 08 Dec 2015, 22:22

Haven't used the nifedipine in 48 hours and have had very little itching. I do have some sharp pain in the exterior skin between the cheeks. I think it might be due to the sensitivity I have developed to the nefidipine. It's not really a rash but the skin there is very sensitive and cracked feeling. It looks red and a little raw. Hopefully it clears up soon. I do plan to call the CRS tomorrow to ask about another cream.

I didn't take a bath after my BM today for the first time in a long time. I did feel a little burning a couple hours after but it was mild and it could be from the raw skin. I laid on the heating pad some. BMs are still soft.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 09 Dec 2015, 17:36

Soreness due to nifedipine sensitivity is less today. It looks like that will go away within a couple days. Talked to a nurse at the CRS office and was told after 6 weeks they wouldn't switch me to another cream. If I'm still having symptoms after trying the cream for that long, they would move to botox. Since I'm happy with the progress I'm still making, I don't want to even think of taking that next step. I can call the CRS back any time to go forward with botox if symptoms get worse again.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Fissurefrustration » 11 Dec 2015, 07:15

More sore today after my third night shift which is a Shane. My skin feels like it's bridged slightly over the 12 a clock position yet again with scar tissue after having it removed last op. Sore and tight to the touch :-(

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Dnank » 11 Dec 2015, 11:24

Hey fissurefrustration, sorry to hear about your pain, but are you accidentally hijacking my diary?
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 11 Dec 2015, 12:39

My during BM pain has decreased a little more. I still have some uncomfortable after BM soreness/burning/sensitively for several hours, but the pain level is low. I don't feel like I'm having any spasm pain. I feel like I'm 90% healed, but this last bit is taking forever. I just want to have a normal BM experience. I find it more difficult to stick to my diet now that I'm feeling a lot better, but I think if I keep it up for another week or two I will be completely healed.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 11 Dec 2015, 20:08

My stomach is a mess today. I've had a lot of bloating and discomfort over the last several months especially since changing my diet. I know the extra fiber does that to me so I've cut back on it. I'm only taking one teaspoon of konsyl per day now. I cut out all the additional fiber supplements and now just eat high fiber foods. I've had 2 small BMs today and feel like i could have another, which is unusual for me. I've been eating much more healthy foods, so I don't understand why it upsets my stomach so much. It especially hurts after eating dinner, which is the only normal-sized meal I eat now.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 12 Dec 2015, 23:43

I think my upset stomach yesterday was due to too much fiber. I didn't realize until i added it all up that I had eaten at least 40g. I think anything over about 30g causes problems for me. I was up very late last night but finally had a big BM and my stomach felt better.

Today I ate a large breakfast which I haven't done in months. I then had a normal dinner. BMs still hurt a little. Skin is tight down there and I still have to push more than I think I should. But, its much better than it was a month ago.
Dnank
Salt Bather