Kenalog Procedure

Kenalog Injection & Cauterization

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Kenalog Procedure

Postby ruffledtailfeather » 22 Jul 2016, 13:43

Hi @helpme, I was so bummed to hear your update. I completely understand the miserable combination of consistent pain coupled with unsatisfactory medical directions. I didn't have success with Kenalog either and was waiting to get results on a few other fronts before responding to your post. I now have more insight so I'll share what I can in hopes it's useful for you, or others.

My story became too long - I wanted to give enough details in case some of the subtleties resonated with anyone - so I migrated it to a new post so as not to dominate your story.

You can find it here: topic10846.html

Fingers crossed my story or these doctors can help you!!!
ruffledtailfeather
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby helpme » 30 Aug 2016, 23:26

Thanks, RF. I have to admit that I checked back here a few times hoping someone might say something in the first weeks I posted. I felt a lot of stress about whether to do the touch-up procedure in those days. I decided not to. Maybe I will some day in the future since it seems like the initial fissure I went in for got better afterward. But my overall condition is worse. Before not every bowel movement hurt, now they all do. Regardless of size. And it doesn't seem like they're healing.

Small doses of miralax keep the pain from being too severe and ultimately bowel movements make up a small percentage of the time I will spend on this earth. Is this situation right? No, it's not. But it's livable. I assume that when they did the Kenalog procedure they also overdilated (by the way the procedure is basically NEVER described as having dilation as a goal).

I guess the point is that for now I give up and am focused only on management. Maybe I'll change my mind. But it's been nice not thinking about it all the time (and not beating myself up for going forward with this procedure that I truly felt torn about doing).

But it's nice knowing someone is out there listening.
helpme
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby helpme » 13 Dec 2016, 13:17

I thought I'd add that I've had my first not painful bowel movement in a very, very long time. I'm not sure what's caused it. I've been using Manuka honey on and off recently and eating slightly less but that's it. I"m not sure the fissure I got from the Kenalog procedure will ever go away but this has been a pleasant surprise.
helpme
Salt Bather

Topics: 2