Another post Botox diary

Botox may 31

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Another post Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Jun 2016, 11:26

It was pain mostly 8 to 10 pre Botox for 3 months, despite nifedipine and lidocaine

Day of Botox :d0 under general anesthesia not much soreness or pain told 2 healing fissures

D1: adhering to strict high fiber diet lots of hydration and colace, baths and nifedipine posted in my thread chronic anal fissure under new member , pain 8 on 10 lasted half the day, no new spasms just my usual fissure pain

D2: still all of above but pain lasted longer almost 3/4 day. The difference was no more spams .

D3: was a little worse pain 9/10 though
BM was soft. But started miralax in addition to colace which I reduced amount

D4: was just horrendous maybe because of reduction in colace

D5: did more miralax with colace and surprise no bm but was pain free! Enjoyed the day

D6: bm post 48 HR after colace/ miralax combo still small and not as painful pain 7/10, but may have another bm today
Read a lot on forums that Botox takes 2 weeks to work so staying positive.
Did not go to work all these days to try and focus on diet and hydration and pain. :D
Focused a lot on second BM went back and forth thinking I was going to have one and it really bothered me as I thought after several unsuccessful attempts, next morning would be bad
D7
The colace and miralax regimen helped . Also sticking to firm diet with my chickpeas, kidney beans, apples, now added lentil soup. I also ate some fresh figs and bananas yesterday. I plan to buy apricots and prunes today and more apples. Pain with BM was 5 on 10 and bleeding was half of the times of fissure at worst. But truly it's one day at a time. So I will just keep going. Next 24 hrs might be a better as pain was less and I promise to be a better person to everyone around me

I have made minute progress today. My pain level as I anticipated has been low was driving for most of the day . Been a good mom and lived up to my expectations . Still not at work. That starts soon and I am dreading it. Hope I survive the long hours at work next week. But some more hurdles before that.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Re: Another post Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 08:33

Week 2:
Week 2 already? I guess time flies when you are having fun?!!! Starting my second week and it's begun a little better than last week. But as people keep posting its 1 step forwards and 3/4 step backward so it's a long process. Yesterday was relatively pain free . Today has been a little more painful bm I would give it a 5.5 and less bleeding though I still see a little . I have decided to treat myself to special baths as I am still off work with the tsp of coconut oil and one of olive oil and one tsp of honey. I then showered after the bath and this combo makes it burn less. The good news is my spasms have been gone since D1 after Botox. So the pain is more constant and burning than spasmodic. I also read all the posts about too much fiber in the diet and that maybe leading to very soft but yet bulky stool for me. Today I will cut down my fiber supplements a little and only do it once instead of three times a day but I will continue my natural fibers sources like apples, pears, lentils, beans and other fruit. I drink about 3 liters total of water. No coffee. No tea. (Sigh)
I also started vit c and e caps yesterday . I even bought some coconut oil to touch up on my food but I think I would rather use it for local application alone. It makes things taste a little weird.
One thing about my veggies is I feel cooking them a little helps more, so I eat less of raw salads I have started to toss a few veggies in a touch of olive oil or canola oil and that seems to keep me more regular (and I like the taste better.)
The spasms used to make me a wreck when they came so I am glad they have improved. Bleeding is less too. Afternoons seem relatively pain free down to a 2 and I feel like life can be normal again.
I am back at work next week and dreading it. I have been able to post all this and try all my stuff on me because of my time, it's mostly mine right now. Not sure how to intercalate work with my day. I guess I will survive. Just like I survive it all those pre Botox months.
If my posts in this thread help anyone just say so and I will continue this diary, if not I am just happy to write in and exchange notes an check in on my friends in this forum. I can my long working days looming ahead :(
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jun 2016, 09:19

Hi HTD
that's a hood tip about the bath...I put coconut oil in mine but never thought of adding honey...do you use manuka or just regular honey?
Fingers crossed for your return to work hopefully your fissure will not mind too much.
It's hard isn't it sometimes i get so jealous of people who have normal bowel habits...forget winning the lottery I would just like to eat without it turning into a NASA expedition.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 10:13

I agree today I was having a conversation with someone who was visiting ( who didn't know about my fissure ) and he said, "I just need to use the bathroom real quick be back in a couple minutes" and and blurted out "that's so great, really" . It didn't quite come out right but what I meant was its so great to be able to come out in a couple minutes and not have to think and ponder for hours about it.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 10:15

It's just regular honey. Not sure what it does but it makes me feel like I am having a luxurious bath. I even made a nice bath area arrangement of the oils and honey in a cheap but decorative container with false jewels studded in it just for effect ;)
Last edited by Healingthroughdiet on 08 Jun 2016, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jun 2016, 10:23

Oh I will try the honey tonight then anything that helps even a little...gosh your creative mine is a jar of coconut oil on the shelf will now have honey next to its as well
Oh yes to go back to the days of "just popping to the loo" would be amazing instead of the hours of worry beforehand and the hours of pain after...but I guess when we get that back we will never take it for granted again
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 22:02

Have just loaded up on strawberries, prunes and apricots. I also had some semolina which I understand has high soluble fiber - any thoughts on that anybody? I was a good girl and drank more than 3 liters today. here's to hoping my for a pain reduced tomorrow. Later folks.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Re: Another post Botox diary with a question

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 08:02

Day 9: well I made a big no, no, forgot my miralax yesterday . One pays ones dues. It was a harder BM today but no blood. Pain was at 5 to 6 still but no spasms . I want to understand something : the feeling I have is a lot less tightness and spasms higher up in the anal canal and a lot more tightness just at the external sphincter. I am probably not relaxing enough. Also today there was very little bleeding. The pain sites seem different it's much lower down external and more like a point rather than a linear area of sharp pain. Anyone else have this post botox?
Lesson for the day: don't fall asleep before miralax
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 10 Jun 2016, 11:58

Another day! Today is d 10 after the procedure. There was pain with BM but I did not have to cry out or even grunt. More like a 4.5. A little more burning after but that part I can handle. Still no spasms . Dare I say the spasms won't be back? I am feeling positive today which is a good thing as work starts next week. However I am cautious to say too much - too many ups and downs like a YOYO with this ailment. Bleeding has reduced to minimal amounts for the past couple days. I still have 2 pin point spots that hurt the most. Also don't feel like I am fully empty today. Second BM coming to ruin my day? Will mention my pain spots to my CRS who I see today.
I am trying to make stuff with more soluble fiber. Today tried to make black bean soup it's still cooking so hopefully will be edible. Yesterday Brussels sprouts for dinner mixed with cabbage and carrots. I have never eaten this healthy in my life and my family is condemned to it too ( but this pain I am happy to inflict ) it's good for them. Don't feel too bad for them as they are still living it up with delicious breads and pasta. I haven't had bread, pasta, noodles or white rice for 3 weeks now :) am starting not to miss them.

There is still pain and burning in the day but overall it's down to 4 ish till evening when it gets to 3 even.

I will count my blessings as they come and handle the badness with grace when it comes ( as much grace as butt pain and butt ailments allow ;)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Jun 2016, 11:04

Ok D11 and its official . My CRS examined me yesterday and said I was healing!! Yay!! There is still pain but today it was down to a 3 to 4. One Tylenol all of yesterday and likely the same plan today . I just say black beans are my new best friend - along with Brussels sprouts . There is still a burn through most of the morning and lasts till mid afternoon. I am glad this improvement has come in time for work. I recommend all you post botoxers to take time to heal. Focusing on diet, and finding what was right for me, cooking for ME and staying relaxed is helping me. It's back to work in less than 48 hours. But I am going to be a different me work or home. Spend time on ME, eat what keeps it comfortable and hydrate like never before. I will likely post less often but to all the friends I have made in this short span - thank you. For those in pain, stay hopeful , I will too- and stay focused - I will also.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP