Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Jun 2016, 12:38

Ok so I finally did it I had Botox and a fissurotomy today...have decided to write a diary as I was really against Botox and was talked into it by my surgeon as my fissure is really long and he wants to try to start the healing before I have LIS or the cut would be too long...he has said now he's had a proper look it's one of the worst fissures he's seen (gee thanx)
Hated the general anaesthetic...very scared...
The pain right now is about a 4 but seeing as I have painkillers in there I'm assuming it's going to go up quite a bit...
Worried that I can't put my GTN up there for a week but as this was the recovery nurse who said that, I may phone surgeon in a few days.
So seeing as I can often go to the loo 15 times a day I have decided not to eat for a few days...can understand this might not be ideal but really can't risk multiple trips.
Hoping this diary will help me keep positive on what I'm sure is going to be an emotional recovery...you guys are always so helpful
Thanx for listening
X
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Jun 2016, 13:19

Hello x ( mypoorbutt) I am a few days farther out than you are . Glad you got this far. Started my own diary today. So will be watching for your progress . Take care and stay positive. Somebody put here on the forum about perseverance and patience and positivity . I think we need to believe that life does get better ( though I agree it's hard to do ) : HTD( Healingthroughdiet )
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Jun 2016, 14:21

Hi HTD
Will check out your diary...it helps to know we are not alone and unless you have experienced the inexpressible agony of fissures you just can't understand.
Painkillers wearing off now so am contemplating a Valium as it the only thing that stops the spasms apart from the GTN
Hope you healing is swift and I agree a positive state of mind is crucial...I struggle with patience although I'm having to learn
Mypoorbutt

Postby Newtothis » 06 Jun 2016, 16:51

I had this procedure done, incl. a hemaerroidectomy (or however you spell that). I've written my diary here, it may be useful: new-to-this-forum-t10669.html

Good luck recovering! Things will improve but first days can seem endless.
Newtothis
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Jun 2016, 17:27

Thanx for your reply just read your post...I'm in a significant amount of pain now, even the Valium hasn't dulled the edges...glad there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have read quite a few posts on here so knew I would be in pain, just hoping it doesn't last too long. I live in hope the Botox will heal it enough to make LIS an option as life with spasms in no life at all....
How are you know are you fully healed...ny CRS was talking about removing a couple of large skin tags when I have LIS but I have heard that can be a very long recovery
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Jun 2016, 19:22

Yes the pain is more a few days after. Today is the first day where pain is 7 rather than 9 for me. The other thing I also have is this uneasy sense of not emptying myself towards the evening just like Newtothis describes in the diary. I went several times to the bathroom between 5 and 7 pm and did not have a bm. Stay positive we are here for each other to help out. In my lowest moments I come here and post something. It helps.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Newtothis » 07 Jun 2016, 00:18

The incomplete bowel emptying has improved over time. I am now 3 weeks post op but far from healed. I am off pain killers and back at work - normal life again. I am also fully back to the gym. The healing takes 3-6 months in total. I find the hemaerroidectomy to be much more painful than the fissurectomy, there is also a skin tag that was removed. The only thing I really miss during the day are my hot baths as being at the office can become a bit uncomfortable, but it is nowhere near where I was during the first 8 days.
Newtothis
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 01:19

Thanks guys it really does help to hear about others experiences...I knew I would be in more pain for the first week just got to get through it I guess, only a couple of hours sleep as the pain was full on.
Got to get up and sort kids out now but then I'm having a very long bath as these normally ease the pain while I'm in there...thinking I may end up part fish by the end of this...thinking more agonised humpback than pretty mermaid though,
Were either of you allowed to put cream up there as I really don't think I can go a week without my GTN
Ok puppy crying now...teenager needs waking for an exam....so me and my fissures are sucking it up and getting out of bed
(anyone want to be a nanny for a week or two)
X
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 04:42

Had my bath pain went down to around a 4 but as soon as I got out BANG straight back up to 8 how is that even possible...maybe I was designed to live in a very warm bath.
Dare not even try to examine my butt as it hurts that much...am dreading the size of my external hems after this.
I'm taking cell salts and homeopathic remedies to help speed up wound healing in an attempt to work alongside the fissurotomy...so hopefully they will help
Thanx for reading this
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 06:39

Dear Mypoorbutt, this post is specifically for you. It is to give you hope. I only had the Botox not the other surgeries. Today is a better day. Remember I am ahead of you and it's hard to believe it but time does help heal. Remember the pain is not dangerous , it just is. Belief will get you through the first week. Feeling negative makes me feel more tense down there so today I just sat there prayed and smiled over a book ( PG Wodehouse, Jeeves) . Was there pain when it came ? yes is my butt sore? Yes. But is is a little better? yes Am I whooping in joy? No because I like u have to take it one day at a time . But to reassure you today was a 5 or 6 for me and bleeding was less. Now, you may be different . It may take longer. But I believe we WILL heal and we WILL be back to close to normal.

Thanks Newtothis it gives me hope. You are much further out and it makes me believe one day I will be back to running even. I had done a half earlier this year ( before I got this pain that changed who I am ) and I will plan on doing another one after this is behind me.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP