Life changing fissure my diary

Things I am trying

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Life changing fissure my diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Oct 2017, 06:08

I had Botox but the aim of mine was to try and reduce the length of my fissure before I had LIS as it was two inches so my surgeon couldn't cut the full length.
I loved my Botox it kicked in quite quick, it stopped my spasms from day one and the burning and stinging went after about 2/4 weeks. It lasted a good 12/16 weeks for me. I know a couple of members on here have been healed by Botox...mamafizz and BumUK both wrote diaries about it on here.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizinpink » 30 Oct 2017, 14:31

I'll look at Botox properly if I go backwards in the next few weeks.
It's kind of day to day atm, I never know what sort of day I'll have until the actual day. I've already looked at a surgeon in my area that does Botox for fissures so it's defiantly on my list of things I'll try next.
It's good to hear it can have a posative outcome.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Lizinpink » 30 Oct 2017, 14:37

So my day has been good pain wise. I had lots of pain this morning but only for around an hour. My diet today though has been very bad, as I was away from home and didn't have all my bum stuff potions and mushy food at hand. I'm hoping tomorrw I don't pay for this!!!!
If it's bad tomorrw I'll at least know why and will be home so it maybe a stay in bed feeling sorry for myself day, I hope not though!
dolcoease seems to have helped loads, but is not enough on its own so still on lactulose at night 30 ml.
So nice today to feel normal after the first hour.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 31 Oct 2017, 00:27

Big mistake of using microlax, woke up and was concerned if have a big or hard BM so I used microlax to make sure it was soft. As I inserted it I felt I had scraped my fissure inside. So although my pooh was soft in in pain, I will learn from this, and just get through today I guess hoping that the pain goes after a while. It might be that the microlax is in the cut inside and irritating it, but I don't know, I'll Probly use coconut oil supposarories later. Need to make some more first!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 31 Oct 2017, 00:27

Big mistake of using microlax, woke up and was concerned if have a big or hard BM so I used microlax to make sure it was soft. As I inserted it I felt I had scraped my fissure inside. So although my pooh was soft in in pain, I will learn from this, and just get through today I guess hoping that the pain goes after a while. It might be that the microlax is in the cut inside and irritating it, but I don't know, I'll Probly use coconut oil supposarories later. Need to make some more first!
There is no way on this earth I could go near my bum a few weeks ago, so I know it's getting better than it was just being able to insert a small tube is a mirical seriously even touching my bum was agony to put cream on. So I will maybe put coconut oil up or leave well alone today not sure which yet X
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 31 Oct 2017, 05:49

Best way to make coconut oil supposatries - buy large smoothie straws as they are thicker than normal. Bend in half, I put a clip on bent bit, heat coconut oil and use jug with spout to pour in. Pop in freezer. Then squeeze out when you want to use, sometimes I've used a very long supposarories you'd be suprised as it goes up easier then little ones. Also done this even when bum at its worse as it melts going in and doesn't hurt. I tried tin foil etc to shape them and found the straw method really easy and a life saver when in huge pain.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 31 Oct 2017, 08:23

Another good day! No mad pain from microlax and I'm up and getting on with stuff. I'm religiously using GT ointment and all the other stuff I have to do, but I finally think it's working, pain at times not healed but feel I'm heading in the right direction. This is the first time since this nightmare started that I've had a few days in a row where I can get on with anything and not be in bed. I wish I'd kept diary sooner to see progress. I'm not anywhere near healed but not being in bed all day is so good!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 01 Nov 2017, 05:46

Large BM this morning, caused pain and had to sit in sitz bath for half hour topping it up with warm water. Took ibuprophen and relaxed. The pain is there but bearable niw. I think I've been neglecting my diet and thiugh I've not eaten bad I haven't been as careful as normal, today I need be strict with diet. I am craving normal food, this sucks!
I'll start taking 5ml in morning if lactulose as I'm not sure nighttime dose is enough as my BM is boardering on too large niw. Need a happy medium. I thought I'd split again today and think was a close call any harder or larger it would of done damage. The pain is more today but not enough to put me in bed. So I'll gladly get on with my day as I never know when I'll be bed bound again. Off work this week which is a good chance to do everything I need to continue healing as best I can.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 02 Nov 2017, 05:45

I'm getting complacent having had a few good days. This morning BM lumpy, I semi hard and too bulky. Hurt and has hurt fissure, had spasms so done sitz bath went back to bed with electric blanket on. Now just the inside hurting a bit. I ate ok yesterday but I've not been as strict as I usualy am on water and soft fruit. I don't want to go backwards but it's difficult to get my poop the right consistency. When it's too soft it stings and burns all day...
Trying add smoothies today to get back on track
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 03 Nov 2017, 00:33

It's 5.27 am I been up since 4am, this time too loose, too much lactulose, at least it's not stinging or burning. No work today so that's a plus. Thing is I've had lots of nights like this, the fear of another lumpy hard BM is worse than being up in the night... My fissure hurts a bit inside although not bad pain. I think I'm getting better or is it just I have learned how best to control the spasms. I remember having them all day and spending a whole weekend in bed once in the beginning! I wish I had a diary from then, I hope to read this one day and think omg did I really go through that!!!! Although looking at this forum I'll be lucky to heal now after 5 months let alone be free of fissures! But I'm Going to bloody try my best!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather