Life changing fissure my diary

Things I am trying

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Life changing fissure my diary

Postby Lizinpink » 05 Dec 2017, 04:10

So I have not torn my original fissure but have slight soreness at the other side, keeping BM soft with lots of lactulose and magnesium. So far it's just a blip and a reminder to not get complacent. Looks like this is me now for the long term future, keeping on top of things and not miss the stool softeners. I can eat fairly normal but only one meal I can't eat just what I want everyday. I always eat with my fissure in mind, I don't eat what I used to regularly, I have adjusted my diet and the odd bad meal if going out is fine although I tend to chose well and that's not a bad thing really. I just don't order white junk food, hopeful today stats goid and I'm back on the road to recovery ..
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Lizinpink » 06 Dec 2017, 11:44

Spams all day!!! How can this happen! I had to go to London and the whole journey was uncomfortable, not agony like I've had before but pretty painful. I'm home and just laying down. I'm going to have sitz bath and use my recto cream. I'm gutted to be here again, though. Missed the odd lactulose I have not been bad and I jus wan this gone. I haven had pain while doing a BM but spasm after this mornings one. Im totaly pissed off tbh. I wonder how stress plays a part in fissures? I just had sch a stressful couple of weeks as my son had accident and been going to London hospital a lot, his getting better but I was very stressed and tired, and total drained. My diet was so so but not terrible. Could stress be my trigger for fissures?!!!
I'll rep this in mind, although no idea what I do to stop it if it is...
I actual thought I was healed but obviously not :(
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Dec 2017, 12:22

Stress is a well know trigger for fissures as stress releases lots of of hormones including cortisol, cortisol cause smooth muscles ie involuntary muscle to tense....these muscles include the heart and the sphincter. It why stress can cause heart attacks. So yes stress can cause the sphincter to tighten up which will restrict the blood flow to your fissure, which will then cause the sphincter to spasms.
Unfortunately life is stressful and we can’t really avoid it, I tried yoga and meditation but because my resting pressure was so high even a slight increase in cortisol would cause more spasms.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizinpink » 06 Dec 2017, 14:50

MPB , I did wonder as I have been rushing around, total chaos and so stressed. Thank you for the information, I'm hopeful this will not last as long as the original one but who knows! This is such a set back for me. i actually believed I was healed, let's see what tomorrw brings....
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 07 Dec 2017, 16:34

Well my BM are soft, I had sitz bath and an back on my recto ointment, lucky for me it had never given me headaches. Today has been OK once I done this. Hopeful tomorrw is good.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 18 Dec 2017, 00:46

I've had some pretty bad days this last week. Nowhere near as bad as I was, just feels like new fissures are opening and then after s few days they came down. The old fissure doesn't cause too many problems although I can feel it still, but only if my BM is a bit hard. I've had s few spasms that don't put me in bed but I can feel them. I think my bum hole is just sore and irritated from this constant problem of getting my BM just right. If I forget my lactulose or magnesium and dolcoease I am not great as it forms into a more solid poop which is where my problem is, I ran out of lactulose and knew the next morning while having BM I made a big mistake. It's easy to get carried away with rushing round and then think oh I didn't take this or I forgot that, but it has a huge impact on my butt!!!! At least I am not in huge amounts of pain so it's bulk buying I think so I never run out of anything, I'm not sure of not BM just feel big and solid or if they are just too big and solid for someone prone to fissures. I can get on with normal life, I still wet the toilet tissue with warm water before wiping and can't imagine not doing this now. Going to stock up today on my lactulose and dolcoease
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 28 Dec 2017, 15:53

I'm doing well, I have to take lactulose, dolcoease and my magnesium everyday still or I hit trouble with my BM as they are too large and too solid for me to go without causing pain, not like the pain I had before which was Excruciating but enough discomfort to know I could do some damage. I drink lots of fluids and stay away from sweet corn and similar foods. I am eating pretty normal now, I still use tissue dampened with warm water to wipe. I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming I'm healed enough to drop the stool softeners and I know I'm on a fair amount of them, but I do feel if I continue as I am and am mindful of my fluid intake and food then I stand a chance of being healed completely. I am so grateful to have come this far as I thought I wouldn't heal after months of bed ridden pain, still can't believe how my life come to a complete stand still for months when I was at my worst.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Hopefull123 » 28 Dec 2017, 17:50

I m glad you are doing better. I slipped a few times, but I actually had no set backs during the christmas parties, because I took 1000 mg magnesium, broken down for each meal, plus three tablespoons of mineral oil before bed. I was surprised because I ate so much junk. However, after a few days of this high dose laxatives, I started feeling diarrhea like symptoms, which I don't like. So I have to reduce the magnesium and stop the mineral oil, but this is a good strategy if you attend a party, travel, etc. Mineral oil really lubricated the stool, but it is not a good idea to take it continuously because it coats the intestines and it prevents nutrients absorption, which is very important for healing. Do you get cramps from the dulcoease?. I only take magnesium because I am afraid of cramps and diarrhea from medicated laxatives.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Lizinpink » 04 Jan 2018, 04:56

Hi hopeful, no I don't get cramps from dolcoease I find it handy to have in my bag as I can just take them during the day. I started dolcolax on occasions and they seems to keep things moving but I don't think it's a softener.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 04 Jan 2018, 05:04

So I'm still around, mostly I've been fine, although I have had the odd day with discomfort after a BM it has only lasted about an hour then I can get on with my day. I've had itching and stinging a few times too, I think I have small scratches rather than full blown fissures when I have a large BM, I still take the magnesium and I'm still trying to find a balance with the consistency of my BM, I need to be careful not to become too complacent as any one of these scratched areas could turn into a fissure I guess that's how they can start and I know how my life was affected last year. For now I'm good but not healed fully and I will try to eat better. I wasted months of my life last year and do not want a repeat!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather