Cari's diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Cari's diary

Postby carinae23 » 28 Jul 2014, 08:52

Hi Scientist...sorry I didn't respond to your post...I didn't realize I had to click on a button to take me to the second page of my posts and I didn't see it. Had another set back yesterday which is why I'm posting again. I notice that I mostly post on here when I have a problem so if I go back and look at my posts I can get an idea of how I'm doing by noting the dates and the amount of time in between posts.

Thank you for being so supportive. I'm so glad you're feeling better now! Can I ask how long it has been for you?

Carinae
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby carinae23 » 28 Jul 2014, 09:12

July 28, 2014

Apparently I made a huge mistake switching from Metamucil to Benefiber. I had been doing very well with the Metamucil but I decided to switch to Benefiber since it seemed that a lot of people preferred Benefiber. I guess my body had gotten used to the Metamucil and after a few days of Benefiber I had two BMs where I had to strain and my &$%*#! problem started all over again. I was up til 3am last night tossing and turning, back and forth to the bathroom, and crying in frustration because of the pain and burning. I feel ok this morning as the pain and burning have completely subsided, thankfully. DREADING what's probably going to happen next time I have to go. But feeling a little hopeful at least that I haven't had a complete set back since the pain and burning is gone at least for now. When I first started having the problem originally back in March I was in almost constant pain.

So anyway, I'm back with my good friend Metamucil today.

Cari
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 30 Jul 2014, 12:03

July 30, 2014

Going back to Metamucil is doing the trick for me (also taking Colace again for another couple of days for good measure). Still a little blood on and off and a little pain but no recurrence of the horrible episode I had the other night, thank God.

Cari
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 03 Sep 2014, 09:49

September 3, 2014

My visits to this forum are getting further and further between which is definitely an indication of my progress. It's been a little over a month since last time I posted. When I'm not having a problem, I don't think of posting. Things are actually good but I wanted to post today just to keep a record of how I'm doing.

I'm still doing Metamucil 3xs a day (1 tablespoon each time) as well as eating better in general and being more active. I still have that little bit of discomfort after some BMs (not all), but it lasts maybe 10 to 15 minutes and then it's gone and I forget about it. I don't think it's a fissure problem though...I think what I'm dealing with now mainly is the hemmy I've had for years, but that's slowly been getting better too.

My goal is to be completely pain free...I'm hoping that will happen within the next few months.

Cari
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 03 Sep 2014, 13:02

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear you're doing so well!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby carinae23 » 17 Nov 2014, 15:28

November 17, 2014

Scientist, thank you for your post and words of encouragement...that's so great that you're doing fine now!

Wow, can it really be that I haven't written here since July?? I guess that says a lot about how I'm doing because if I was in bad shape I would be writing about it. About a month ago I was feeling confident and well enough to stop taking Metamucil, and I switched to just having a glass of prune juice once a day. I think I was drinking too much though because it was making me go TOO much and it was making things sore. So, I'm having only 8 oz. of prune juice per day now and that seems to be working perfectly. I've had constipation problems since I was little, so I definitely need something that will keep me regular. Still drinking lots of water, watching my diet, and incorporating more exercise into my daily routine.

I still have dread in the back of my mind when it's time for that morning BM even though I'm doing well...just too many months of pain that I went through I suppose. It's nice that it's mostly just a bad memory at this point.

Cari
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 17 Nov 2014, 17:04

This is great to hear, Cari.
I think the fear will go away eventually, but it's not a bad thing to be reminded that you have to take care of yourself. Luckily, the life-changes you've made are all beneficial to your whole body, not just your butt. Sometimes I think my fissure was Nature's way of telling me I'd taken too many liberties with my body, and it was time to shape up!

Keep up the good work! I hope you check in again periodically, just to say you are still fine.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby carinae23 » 28 Jun 2017, 10:22

It's been a long while since I've had a problem and since I've been here to write about it, but it's time again! The big question I have for myself is why do I eat cheese??? Every time I overindulge in cheese I have a problem...in the back of my mind I KNOW it's going to cause a problem, but I eat the dang cheese anyway. Constipated beyond belief the past two days and scared to death to go because of my past problems with hemmies and a fissure. Didn't want this to go on much longer so I tried a glycerine suppository when I got home from work yesterday which surprisingly did nothing. That was my cure the last time this happened. So, drank a lot of water last night, snacked on fruit, had prune juice before bed, and took a few of my old friend, Colace. Finally went (painfully) this morning. It's not over yet, but at least I'm not scared to go at this point. So, the moral of this story is NO MORE CHEESE! Cari
carinae23
Fibre Addict