Fissure healing?

Roller coaster coming to a complete stop?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure healing?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 27 Sep 2016, 22:46

I'm fed up and stressed out and I just want to rant!
Don't you ever wish you had a butt buddy, as in, when you need to talk about your anal issues you could just call them up and say hi then tell them all about how your dump this morning just wrecked your anus and now your sitting in a bath full of epsom salt hoping that the throbbing will go away? Or you can call them and tell them all the things you ate that day and how you hope non of it makes a dramatic exit (rip your ass on its way out)....I do! I wish I had someone like that. I know I have this forum (thank goodness!!) but still....sometimes I say things to my husband and I know he supports my pain but I know he'd prefer not to hear the gross details. What's really bothering me right now is that I reflect back on this thread and basically once a month I have a retear or setback of some sort. I can't have sex hardly ever because it ether causes my hemorrhoids to flare or I'm dealing with fissure pain and sex just seems like the worst possible thing ever. Ugh it gets frustrating. I wish that when I'm hurting at work or walking funny I can just say things like "hey anyone got some coconut oil?! My ass is really hurting from taking a poo in the bathroom just now"....ugh anyway sorry just needed to vent a little. I'm done now. :p
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Happyending » 28 Sep 2016, 00:54

Just wondering, since you seem to have recurring episodes over a long time (years?), did you ever consider surgery?
I had an anal fissure for 2 years and "healed" it many times. I also had itching at times and know how that feels. I was so fed up spending all this time taking care of my butt that I decided to go for surgery to have a more permanent solution. I had the LIS surgery 5 days ago, and it's already made a big difference. BMs are not painful at all anymore. That despite not managing to keep my stool super soft. In any case, just wanted to throw that out there. Surgery may be an option for you.
Happyending
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Sep 2016, 01:09

Hi suffering,
I can totally relate....it's so annoying that our life's are revolving around our anus. My friends are caring but hey it's not really a conversation most people want to have over lunch...I mean who wants to know what the sandwich may do to you when it makes an exit lol...my work are not understanding and just want me to carry on regardless. My husband, well the less said there the better he was great for the first 12 weeks but it's been a year now and he is very unhappy that we have gone from having sex most days to only twice a week and like you that hurts sets my fissures and my hems off, but I'm sure he thinks the pain is like a little scratch not an all consuming agony that then takes over your day or night. I just want to tell people you know my ass is killing me right now and I want to cry....but I can't so I carry on like we all have too.
I have opted for LIS but have now been told instead of November it will be after the new year....thanks to NHS waiting lists.
Good luck and if you ever want to have a lets moan about our arsehole party please send me an invite I will be happy to attend :D
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Sufferingbadly » 28 Sep 2016, 10:18

HE
I have thought about it but I just feel like LIS will hurt more than these flares I get... plus the risks involved like infection, access or fissula. Makes me scared.

MPB,
I will invite you to my rant party next time. Maybe we can create a new thread called the rant party, everyone invited! :wel: :%`+: :butthurts:
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sufferingbadly » 29 Sep 2016, 18:40

Yesterday I still had pain. This morning when I went to the bathroom, no pain. It felt normal again. It seems like every time I get these reoccurrences, they last 3-4 days and then I'm fine again. I have changed my diet though. I'm eating tons of roasted veggies, drinking lemon water, I put a teaspoon of coconut oil in my morning coffee. I haven't taken miralax for about a month now which is pretty cool because I thought I'd be taking it forever! I am going to start exercising and if I notice I cannot do so without a flare or retear, I may consider LIS surgery. I don't want to feel or be limited when I don't necessarily have to be. Anyway, today I am happy! Yay for temporary recovery. :p
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Sep 2016, 08:27

Yay so glad it's better for you today, I love the good days.
Maybe if your not in pain that often then LIS doesn't need to be a part of your future. I know the only reason I want it so much is that I only have a good day maybe twice a week now the Botox has worn off.
Sometimes we choose to live with our little aches n pains because they don't cause us disruption or impact too much and there is nothing wrong with that.
Here's hoping the good days continue x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Sufferingbadly » 02 Oct 2016, 15:43

Yesterday I only went to the bathroom in the morning. Usually I go twice a day but we went out of town and I never ended up going a second time.
This morning I felt the urge to go but couldn't push it out. It wasn't coming out on its own so I was left with nothing else to do but push.
And btw,.,I have had zero discomfort the past 2-3 days...and of course this bowel movement was too big to come out smoothly and even though the stool wasn't hard, it still stretched the area and now I'm hurting in 2 places. :groan: I have a couple fissures. But my original one that debilitated me, that one is healed. I find that so weird. :scratch: Anyway, back to square one. Ugh! And something told me to take some miralax but I didn't want to risk getting diarrhea. :constipated: I should have just taken miralax :(.. I'm looking forward to my nice hot bath tonight with epsom salt. I'm not looking forward to my second poop tonight though. :gah:
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Oct 2016, 19:06

Hello dear I hope you are better. I am having rough days myself and also wish I had a butt buddy. I truly feel your pain . I was almost healed and then some bad setbacks. Trying to apply olive and coconut oil to my rear end more regularly. I feel like an invalid which I am faaaaar from. Ran a half marathon in 2016, travel the world and work non stop but since the fissures resurfaced in March life has been misery with a many good days but more bad days . Hugs from me. I hope you heal soon. Try coconut oil external and internal if that works for you
Hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby aussieguy89 » 24 Oct 2016, 16:21

Hi there - I'm a gay 27 year old Australian - hoping you can help me.

I've had a fissure since Feb 16' and have tried all of the topical cremes out there. Things have improved so much, no bleeding since July 16'. But I'm wondering if you can help me out re: when is it okay to try anal sex again? My boyfriend and I just don't know when it is safe to try....it's getting me really down.

When I look at my fissure, I can still see there is something there, but could it just be scar tissue? It certainly isn't red or raw, more just blended into the skin around the anus, with a tiny depth of maybe 1mm...it doesn't hurt to press against either.

Do others who have used only topical cremes still have 'evidence' of having had a fissure

I cant see my surgeon as I am abroad for a year or so...

Thanks so much for any help you can give.
aussieguy89

Topics: 1

Postby Sufferingbadly » 24 Oct 2016, 19:02

Aussieguy89,

Have you tried having sex since you say you can push against it with no pain? How does it feel when you have a bm? They say it can take 2 years for the elasticity to regain in the area and that it still may never be the same again. I couldn't even imagine having anal sex! Having a slightly hard bm hurts me so having a hard (you know) sounds just awefully painful :affraid: . Lol.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist