Fissure healing?

Roller coaster coming to a complete stop?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure healing?

Postby IronicTwist » 21 Nov 2016, 03:32

The anoscope for me wasnt as bad as the digital exam to be honest. Just try stay as relaxed as possible. Clenching up due to the pain just makes the pain worse in my experience.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Sufferingbadly » 28 Dec 2016, 12:19

This fissure roller coaster journey of healing just got some tracks added to it... about 3 loops and 4 25ft drops!! I re-tore at the beginning of December on my fissure that is at the 2oclock position (atleast it feels somewhere around there) and then it took about 3-4 days for the pain and lingering throbbing to go away. I used coconut oil, took sits baths and ya... well then on the 19th of December I got a really bad fissure at the ever so popular 12o clock position... (my original one was at the 6o clock) .... well this 12 o clock fissure hurt and it hurt BAD! It completely reminded me of the pain I felt a year and a half ago. I again, did the sitz baths, used coconut oil and this time I re newed my prescription for nifedipine ointment. I couldn't sit down for those 3 days I was in total throbbing pain. There was blood and everything in this tear. Well by the 4th day the pain subsides but then Christmas came and I drank some beer with family and it was hard to disappear to take my sitz baths and leave the family and my kids, so basically I didn't take care of myself over Christmas and I had a slightly big stool and it made me bleed again. Since then I'm making sure I don't do something stupid again. My very first original fissure healed after a year and im determined to heal this one too!!! I got these cool new miralax packets which I can easily take with me anywhere and so I drink half during the day and drink the other half before bed. I have extremely soft stools, but just to be safe, I apply Vaseline before having a BM. I use my nifedipine in the morning and at night. The past couple years I've just completely lost focus on the life I really want to have. Now that this year is coming to an end, I've already set in place the steps and determination to not only heal my fissure but to fix this lazy non energetic lifestyle I've been living. I'm hoping this will fix my BM issues. Anyway, here's to a painless day!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Sufferingbadly » 22 Feb 2017, 17:22

We are almost at the end of February, no re tears since my bad one in December. Basically I haven't retorn because I don't allow myself to have a hard stool. It's been working. I occasionally will get diarrhea but I'll take that any day. My poor daughter who will be turning 2 soon has a huge deep fissure. She's allergic to everything so I can't give her anything for it. Poor girl. She screams and cries every time she has to poop. She tries to hold her poop in so that it doesn't come out. When it does, she cries for like 10 minutes afterwards. I feel so bad for her. We tried different laxatives but her body breaks out in hives every time. She drinks tons of water. Eats lots of broccoli and carrots and apples and turkey and white rice and sweet potato (this is literally all she can eat) . Hopefully her roller coaster will end soon.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sufferingbadly » 29 Dec 2022, 23:34

Here I am, back again. I was reading my past posts…oh boy was I feeling lonely! I typed A LOT!!
Anyway, I’ve suffered on and off for the past 7 years. I am now 37yrs old. I have continued to suffer all of these years, however, I learned to manage the pain by using Vaseline before every BM, and every so often I use the coconut oil to relieve itching.
Honest truth? I got so good at managing the flare ups, I would become completely careless at times. Now I regret it. The unbearable 2015 throbbing pain is back, followed by all the sitz baths etc. doctors don’t know anything when they sound like they’re reciting from their text books! Discouraging.
I know it’s my fault for this horrible relaps… now I’m in fear because I can’t work and I’m unsure if I can go on short term disability until I heal. Has anyone been able to get short term disability approved to heal from a fissure?
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist