11 months..and counting

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: 11 months..and counting

Postby Canadabum » 02 Mar 2017, 17:30

Hey mama...I never had a high up spasm or golf ball sensation...but i have had all sorts of zings, zangs, scratchy feelings, wiggles and all sorts of odd sensations up there during and after healing. Honestly I couldn't tell you what they were other than super annoying. My guess for me is that they somehow related to a papilla...but who knows. I would post the question on the general discussion area...and do some searching with the search function.

Best - CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby mamafizz » 02 Mar 2017, 17:49

Oh right, had those too... not sure, must be muscle related it seems... thanks much
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Canadabum » 08 Mar 2017, 12:31

So it has been a renewed struggle for me since the end of Feb (around the 24/25). I have regressed a bit and am now experiencing the scratch and blood on almost a daily basis...going is a bit painful but no spasms or after burns -- other than irritation and weird feelings during the day (and the odd sharp reminder of something). I have spent so long trying to figure this thing out - how to handle, how to deal with relapses...and for all I know some times it feels like I know nothing. I am really unsure what brought on this latest episode..I never stopped taking miralax but was taking a small dose...have ramped it up and hoping it will help.

i currently have a routine follow up appt with my crs in July...but wondering if I should try and advance it...all in all i am pretty frustrated right now and just felt like sharing/ventine.

Hope you are doing well - CB
Canadabum

Postby mamafizz » 08 Mar 2017, 12:57

Hi Cananda, Any physical ailment, injury brings a struggle to overcome, we are on this journey to discover things about ourselves, we are all learning. Sometimes an illness comes to teach us something other than trying to figure out how to get well. When I first got this, I was petrified, at the immense level of pain, but as I discover new things about this and more it is a very revealing journey and pretty complex, I came across this post and thought I would share.... My fissure is healed. Thank God, had Botox and Doctor said healed about 6 weeks ago. I am sure it still needs time to fully recover and I for one had incredible spasms, I had no idea a muscle could that crazy cramping, horrendous, I won't lie, awful and constant so for me the muscles have to relearn to relax, and internal swollen veins add to it, and the spasms are getting better, but extremely slow. I am deciding not to feed into it, as it is so easy to do. I am praying for all of us for full recovery so we can live the life God intended. Much love to us all.. Here is one post I found on the forum, another perspective.... just thought I would share, I was trying to find it again and see if this person posted a success story but now I can't find it again... lol well here is the post.

I am desperate

I made an appointment with a naturopath/natural healer, very well regarded, here is her take on anal fissure:

1) surgery is highly unlikely to resolve the issue long term
2) diet is only 50% of the issue
3) thoughts are the source of the issue, negative thoughts, depression, FEAR is the key, those who live in fear of life and challenges suffer from a colon that tenses up, the colon and mind are intimately connected
4) eat foods that promote body alkalinity, acidic body is a diseased body
5) squat when pooping, breathe, relax, do not anticipate pain
6) do light yoga, meditate on relaxation, remove all negativity in life, including partners that stress you
7) avoid meat, dairy, gluten
8) avoid creams, painkillers unless absolutely necessary

That's about it. All I can say is that she was the healthiest person I have ever seen, vibrant with glowing skin and positive energy, hard to explain yet clearly evident.

I expected her to try to sell me a bunch of herbs and potions, she did none of that, just a talk, her expressing her opinion on the matter. She took my bp, told me I had stress from work, I am in fight or flight mode, hmmmm, I think......she's right.

I want all of us to heal. This post is purely her take on the issue. Hoping for healing for all of us suffering.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Canadabum » 12 Mar 2017, 22:10

So my GP advised that my recent (2 week) stretch with the dreaded scratch and bleed scenario was due to some inflammation that was preventing healing. He suggested I use Anusol HC (with hydrocortisone). It's used for hemmies and the HC is good for reducing inflammation. I was doubtful - but a day after starting this....no blood for 3 days.

I am still in some pain and discomfort and don't feel great down there. Hoping it resolves over the coming days - won't lie, I'm stressed about this and a bit scared that my body may revert to bleeding any day....trying to take it one day at a time and be as positive as I can.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Best - CB
Canadabum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Mar 2017, 05:18

Hi CB
I think it's only natural to be like that, once we have experienced the agony of a fissure any prolonged discomfort in that area will worry us. It's a trauma to body but mainly to the mind and we cannot help but worry. On the positive side your mind also knows you can heal and get through this and that a little inflammation is not a fissure. Good luck with the cream I'm sure you will be fine.
MF I agree entirely I know that stress impacts all my issues but unless we live in a utopian world I cannot get rid of mine lol. I need my job I need my hubby and I love my kids even though my sons autism causes lots of stress. Yes I am trying to deal with it better but often when my mind feels fine my enteric brain is going nuts lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Canadabum » 14 Mar 2017, 10:02

So still no blood on going to the loo...and am really thankful for that. I increased my Miralax to the full dosage and it is doing its job.

My issue now is that I have discomfort and pain both during bm and for much of the day....huh. What's this about. I imagine whatever I irritated in there is still irritated...hoping it calms down in the days ahead.

I think I also now have some minor hems...really, this just gets more fun as the weeks pass by. Has anyone tried Hemoclin -- it is an aloe vera gel. How far up do you insert....has anyone tried Anusol HC -- it has hydrocortisone. My doc told me to take it for 2 weeks to calm things down...wondering if the hydrocortisone for 2 weeks is a bad idea though. Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks for all your feedback and kind words...super helpful.
Canadabum

Postby GilmoreGirl » 14 Mar 2017, 10:19

The HC does help for sure, but it does thin the skin. I would say try it out and back off it slowly if you start feeling better (for ex, move to every second day instead of every day) and see how you do.

I've used a prescription HC product called proctofoam - it is a foam that you insert into the rectum using a small syringe. I found it worked better than suppositories or creams because it expands and covers more area.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Canadabum » 14 Mar 2017, 10:37

Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried Hemoclin? (aloe vera base)

Which Earth Mama products have been helpful for you?
Canadabum

Postby GilmoreGirl » 14 Mar 2017, 11:16

No haven't tried that! Next on my list is colloidal silver as recommended by mypoorbutt.

I like the bottom balm - it also comes in a spray but I haven't tried that yet
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18