11 months..and counting

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: 11 months..and counting

Postby Canadabum » 20 Mar 2017, 16:33

So the blood and pain returned over the weekend...I am at a loss now. I have upped my miralax intake, am using the Anusol HC cream...and still pain, blood....honestly I am just shaking my head in disbelief. Don't mean to write a sob story but am a bit fed up and feel like my options are running out...not even sure what they are anymore.

Perhaps I need a consult with the CRS to see what the heck is happening...but the thought of someone sticking something up there given the irritation and pain is a bit nerve wracking....oh boy, wish this cycle would end.

I will keep you (me) posted on how it goes...thanks again for all your feedback - always a source of help.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby GilmoreGirl » 20 Mar 2017, 16:48

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! It's just awful and so tiring I know...

Maybe give a CRS a call and say upfront when you phone that you're not sure a rectal exam would be possible. Maybe they can provide some sedation and use an anuscope. Although we are in Canada so you may have to wait for that...but who knows!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby chachacha » 20 Mar 2017, 22:13

I don't remember? Have you had a LIS yet? If not, I think that you should consider one. You are clearly dealing with a chronic issue now.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby Canadabum » 21 Mar 2017, 07:51

I havent had LIS...the last I heard from my CRS is that my fissure had healed and that I was left with a papilla (largish).

The pain I am experiencing now is nothing like my original fissure pain...so part of me wonders if this is just the papilla bleeding...not sure. The pain comes on after going to the loo...it is a burning type of pain, but does not feel like spasm at all. Unfortunately it is lasting much of the day these days.

For sure my issue is chronic...it was in remission i guess for a while and sprung back up like a little weed...my thought is to go back to my CRS sooner rather than later and get him to tell me what is going on. The thought of an exam is unpleasant given the sensitivity of the area now...but I guess I go to do what I got to do.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and feedback...sincerely appreciated.
Canadabum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Mar 2017, 09:02

As much as we all dread an internal exam....and trust me I have literally crawled away from them at times, I think you might need a check to see if your fissure has reopened. I have a couple of papillae and although they sting and burn when I'm having a flare the pain usually goes after a couple of days.
You never know they might not need to use a finger...just a look see might be enough....oh the sentences I write sometimes lol
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby chachacha » 21 Mar 2017, 09:09

I hope that you can get an appointment soon and that your CRS can assess the situation without causing you pain.

Good luck!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby Canadabum » 27 Apr 2017, 17:00

So big development and big news for me today.....wait for it, wait for it......

I had an appointment with my awesome CRS today -- he checked out the inside of my fuselage and basically told me -- that my sphincter is really tight and the muscle is very strong (too bad my core muscles are not as strong as my sphincter!) and that my papilla is definitely on the larger side of normal. I explained that since "healing" I have had regular occurrences with blood, scratches etc etc

He said that I would be a great candidate for LIS and removal of the papilla...and that the incision would be about 1cm...the muscle being approx 4cm. He told me I could opt for whatever I wanted...if I wanted to continue living with it etc so if I wanted the procedure. He also told me that staying on miralax for the rest of my life is not advisable...and not a good way to cope with my situation in perpetuity...ok, makes sense to me.

In the not too distant past I would have been scared shitless (excuse the intended pun) of going down this route...and no doubt as the day approaches I will get my nerves going....but right now -- I am actually relieved that there is a path towards resolution for me and that this might actually be dealt with once and for all.

I asked a bit about recovery etc....he made it sound like it would be easy peasy and that I would only feel a bit of discomfort for a couple days and be right back at it....from what I have read here I am not so certain about that...but I will reach out to all of you near the time for advice.

So I am booked for early september this year.....

What a long strange journey this had been so far...to continue....I think at some point I will need to rename this diary to...30 months and 5 more to go....

THANK YOU for all your insights, help, comfort etc etc over the months and years...invaluable.

In the meantime -- I will be reading about your LIS tips and tricks and am all ears if you have some nuggets you want to share.

Best - CB
Canadabum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Apr 2017, 06:15

Oh well done CB so pleased that you have been offered LIS. There is no point suffering if you don't need to.
Hopefully you will have a smooth healing journey as you have no underlying issues...look how quick IT and happykermit have recovered.
I'm sure you will be great
Look forward to hearing your journey x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby msimon » 24 Jun 2017, 03:16

How are things going CB? Still waiting for LIS? That is a VERY long wait!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Canadabum » 24 Jun 2017, 08:27

Msimon - so great to hear from you...thanks for checking in. This whole ordeal of mine began a mere 32 months ago....honestly it's a bit hard for even me to believe and I've been living it.

Yes - I am still waiting on LIS. I am booked for Sept 7. The reason the wait is ok is that I am not in huge pain. However - still today I get a bit of blood when I go. It's not painful - but there. I still take miralax -- so I am hoping that the lis will loosen things down there to allow me to go without bleeding. The other thing I will get done is the removal of a papilla - which I was told was on the large size.

Truth is that I don't know if it will help me and am somewhat nervous that it could cause unintended harm...not sure if my worry is warranted or simply my personality.

So I wait....

Thanks again for checking in -- how are you doing? How is physio?

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum