Chinese medicine in Canada

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: Chinese medicine in Canada

Postby 44alegna44 » 30 May 2012, 09:59

Dear Tanya,
I've been here on my end thinking well Tanya's probably not updating because things are going good and she doesn't want to jinx it by talking about things too soon :D! I'm so sorry I've missed your latest updates, but somehow I didn't remember your thread was under this "references" category and I just haven't checked in here. Image
I'm glad to know it appears that there has been some improvement for you, at least with the sentinel and now hopefully with the latest ointment you're trying Image The itch must have been driving you nuts Image . I also have a cream that was prescribed to me by my 2nd opinion crs, when I got the new fissure, that has a menthol component in it. I use it with my dilitziam ,
which both crs' agreed with. I described it to my husband as feeling like I'm putting a hall's mentho-lyptus cough drop up my behind. I find it very cooling and soothing Image
I'm glad that you've been able to resume your walking again also...I know it's something you always did before and were a little bummed about when you had to take a break from it. It's also positive that you've been able to decompress a bit and find more time to just relax your body and
mind....my firm belief is stress is the enemy and adds way too much fuel to the fire Image Finding the means to alleviate any amount of it in our lives is a bonus for our overall well-being Image .
I will continue to pray for your comfort and healing Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 30 May 2012, 21:09

Tanya,
Heck, it can smell like the swamp and I wouldn't care . :) how often and for how long does your doctor say to apply it? I've ordered some from Amazon.
I haven't seen the Twilight movies, but if they're pure trash that might be good medicine right now! Have you read any of the Hunger Games books? I haven't, but I might check them out for something easy to read. I've been reading some heavy stuff lately.
I hope today has been as comfortable as possible for you? I imagine it's period time for you by now. I'm coming off a pretty brutal one this time. I hope yours isn't too bad.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby workingonit » 30 May 2012, 21:29

Jr,
I would recommend reading the twilight book first. It is better than the film. It's kinda like Beauty and the Beast meets Romeo and Juliette.
I would love to read the hunger games but the wait list at the library for it is formidable!
Yah, when I want to de-stress, I read stuff I know won't reflect life too realistically. lol!
I just apply the stuff after I have a BM. Just a small dab really. I'm still doing well today. I don't want to ascribe it all to the new salve. I have been more careful with my diet lately. Eating lots of veg, and not eating to the point of feeling overly full. Chewing more. 1.5 Tbsp of olive oil in the evenings. I wouldn't discount the value of doing less and relaxing more either!
My stupid period is 3 days late now. I hate that, as it usually means it will be more intense. -sigh-
Glad you are done yours now!
Good luck with the salve!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby jr2 » 31 May 2012, 19:16

Tanya,
I think it's a good point. Getting enough rest is really important so that the body can use energy for healing.
Reading and watching movies fit the bill :)
Geez, I hope the period isn't too bad for you. As if any more trouble is needed. I keep wishing for the menopause fairy to visit me early, but she is nowhere in sight.
jr2

Postby workingonit » 01 Jun 2012, 11:41

Hah!
I like that, the menopause fairy. So true! :D
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby jr2 » 01 Jun 2012, 12:32

wow, Tanya. This salve definitely has a powerful cooling effect. I kept thinking it would dissipate the longer it was on but wow, it doesn't, especially in the areas of the fissures. I hope I can stick with this to give it a decent try for at least a few days to see if there is any improvement with the fissures. Does the intensity of the effect lessen the more times you use it?
jr2

Postby workingonit » 01 Jun 2012, 16:48

Hi Jr,
I find it lasts a couple hours each time. Haven't noticed it to lessen though and this is my third day. SO far so good. Improvement is slight but there. But like I said, there are always more than one factor involved in healing.
Hope it isn't too intense for you!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby jr2 » 01 Jun 2012, 19:07

Thanks Tanya!
It did last for several hours, the first hour was the most intense, but as long as it stays about that level I think I'll be okay. You mentioned you use it after BMs, so does that mean you use it a different number of times per day? The tube says twice per day, but I'm just wondering if you're using it more often? Since I don't really understand the stuff that's in it I'm not sure about how often to use it.
I'm so glad you feel like you're having some improvement with all the current things you're trying. Oh my gosh I so hope this a good sign for you. Keeping fingers crossed!
Thank you for answering all my questions! I really appreciate it.
jr2

Postby workingonit » 01 Jun 2012, 19:48

hey Jr,
I have 1-2 BMs/day and use it after. He just said to apply it once after morning BM. But I figure the borax in it is good for if you go again. Antibacterial and all that.
I haven't looked up the ingredients either. :)
Thanks for the kind thoughts!
Right back at ya!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Badd825 » 01 Jun 2012, 20:37

Hi Tanya
I'm trying Chinese medicine also. I went to a Chinese medicine doctor in new York. I have someone come with me to translate. She does not treat the rectum directly. They prescribe a slew of herbs and I brew it in a chinese medicine pot. It smells and tastes awful but I would eat lightening if I thought it would help. It's been 2 weeks. I'm not much better but it is easier to have a BM so I'll take what I can get. She also gave me the musk ointment. It feels like my butt is chewing gum. I really can't tolerate it. I see her tomorrow and will see if there is something else. Ive been reading your post and want to thank you for all your info. I was hoping Chinese medicine was the answer for you. I'm hoping it works for me. My next step is surgery which I want to desperately avoid
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12