Chinese medicine in Canada

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Chinese medicine in Canada

Postby workingonit » 02 Feb 2012, 20:58

Hey there,
I have not tried these clinics but I have read a fair bit about them online.
Wondered if anyone knew of anyone who had tried them?
Living Vancouver, I will hold these guys in reserve if the usual western fair doesn't help ; )
http://www.natcm.ca/
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: Chinese medicine in Canada

Postby workingonit » 03 Feb 2012, 16:35

So I just talked to this guy who was healed by the Markham clinic 3 years ago.
He is pretty convincing, and I am seriously considering it.
Here is a journal he wrote on his experience there. I have not come across any bad reviews of them so far.
http://www.natcm.ca/images/Healing_Our_World.pdf
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Guest » 03 Feb 2012, 22:11

wow... would love to know if you end up trying this...

Postby workingonit » 26 Apr 2012, 15:45

Well I have been to the NATCM clinic, and started treatment today.
My cost is $1000, (not covered by health insurance at all), which is the going rate for one 'problem', be it a fissure or a hemorrhoid or fistula. They said that for another $600 they would remove the scar left by the lopping off of a sentinel in late 2010. But said the scar wouldn't effect healing of leave a weak area for re-tearing, so I opted to be cheap and leave it. I can always change my mind later.
My af, she said, is long. I had always wondered about this because at some times it hurts further in and at other times it hurts close to the edge...
I am to avoid fish, red meat, lamb, spicey foods, alcohol, stimulating food. I am also not to do more exercise than an strenuous, half hour walk.
The initial exam was rather brusk and so I am a bit more sore than when I went, but I don't feel any damage from the 'herbs' they applied. The doctor (Dr. Jou) who applied the herbs was more gentle than the initial lady who examined me. Felt kinda weird cause they don't leave the room while you drop your drawers. It's all rather, 'matter of fact'.
They said I need to go there every day for the herbs to be applied, for 15 days, by which time I will be healed.
Ideally the herbs should stay in place for 8 hours/ day.
I hope this works. They guarantee it will for at least 3 years or the next session is free. And if it takes longer than 15 days to heal, the additional days are free.
I was feeling a little light headed when I got home, but feel better since I at a much belated lunch and rested a bit.
well anyway, I will keep posting as this treatment progresses.
Hope everyone else is improving!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby workingonit » 28 Apr 2012, 12:18

It's day 3 of my treatment. You go every morning after BM(s) except Sundays. For Sundays they give you a suppository filled with medicine. At some point they will use medicine to shrink the sentinel, which may hurt somewhat. Next week sometime, I guess.
Anyways, not much to say. Feel a bit better than Thursday. Doctor is pretty gentle.
I asked him about the bit of blood on the cotton he leaves there to keep the herbs from staining my clothes. He showed me that one of the medicines he uses is red coloured, so not blood at all! Image
Not feeling as anxious about it as I was. Also today the non-chinese actually outnumbered the chinese in the waiting room. Not sure why I find this reasurring, but I do. It made me feel less out of place I guess.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby 44alegna44 » 29 Apr 2012, 13:19

Hi Tanya,
Asked about you earlier on your other thread...just found this one. Glad to know your feeling more secure with this remedy option....I am soooo routing for you with this healing treatment....You have been instrumental with encouragement and support throughout this forum for sooo long, while managing through your own pain and I'm just really hoping you can continue to offer that from a fully healed state of body and mind... Image
Image Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 29 Apr 2012, 15:08

ditto everything Angel said above.
Im so glad to hear you're feeling more relaxed about your treatment. It must make a huge difference just to know someone is caring for you. I am still so excited, thinking this is going to work for you... I'm So hoping it does!!
I had to chuckle a little when I read that you get treatment after the morning bowel movement. I go to the bathroom so many times a day I would have no hope of keeping herbs in place for more than a couple of hours. I would have to have them put in place at night!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby workingonit » 29 Apr 2012, 15:37

Thanks guys,
Not so sure I feel confident. I worry that without dilating as well, it won't work. So I am trying to be more strict about what I eat to stay very soft.
I worried about that too Jr, as sometimes I have a BM in the afternoon too. But he said that as long as it is in 8 hours.... So I guess you would have to do overnight.
They have medicines too for Crohns and IBS.
I wouldn't go as far as to say he cares. It just seems he is more interested than the CRSs. He asks more questions and doesn't seem to immediately pigeon hole me in his mind.
I wasn't crazy about the lady who first diagnosed me there though. She was pretty brusque.
Well anyways, I can kinda chill out for a week or so more and see if it starts to work.
I am allowed to go for non-strenuous walks of 30 min, and they help keep me sane ; )
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby jr2 » 30 Apr 2012, 15:11

Tanya... I know it's still way too early to know anything, but any side effects or differences that you're noticing?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby workingonit » 30 Apr 2012, 15:25

Hey jr,
I still twinge a lot when moving around, but the inflammation from last week seems to be down. Dr. Jou seemed to think it is healing. He doesn't speak much english, so questions and answers are a bit awkward.
The only side effect i am noticing since I started going there, is some mild heart burn after meals. I am debating whether to bring it up tomorrow, as it is pretty mild.
I suppose I should mention it though, as it might mean more to him than me.
but all in all it is too soon to say.
Hope you are doing better lately JR?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP