New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Postby aimonaali » 28 Jun 2013, 09:08

Guiness, do you think there is a big difference between using the seat or just using your finger? I mean, is it possible to "mimic" what the seat does just by using your hand? I tried using my fingers for support last week but I felt worse. Then again it might have be due to something else and I don''t feel better even though I don't do that anymore.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby guiness » 28 Jun 2013, 09:51

The seat is totally different than your finger because its a fixed object that you cant move plus its bigger than a finger. The feeling is different but its not painful, just a little ackward to get used too. You got to make sure you are positioned correctly on the seat to get the full supportive effect. Once you try the seat , you could probably invent something that could mimic it when you are away from home. I think a rolled up wad of tissure or something....but provides more support than your finger. Its kind of subtle, you arent supposed to jab yourself with it.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby guiness » 01 Jul 2013, 07:28

One week: bowel movements are getting less and less painful for me and i have had no blood or retears in the past week using the seat, in spite of one or two difficult bowel movements. Im not completely painfree at this point, i still get pain riding in the car in the morning or a dull achiness. So i will update this thead after another week. I still use nifedepine, miralax and watch my diet carefully. Oh yeah, and i think this has helped: even though i have an ongoing script for klonipins and xanax, i would never take them. i decided to finally medicate my anxiety because i thought it was affecting my digestion. So i take a really low dose at bedtime and i feel this helps with going in the morning.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby splinterboy1984 » 01 Jul 2013, 19:42

@guiness do you apply nifedepine internally? and how deep?thanks
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby guiness » 01 Jul 2013, 19:54

I have these little things that look like condoms that go over your fingertips. I got them at rite aid by the bandaids. I put one on and get a fingerfull of nifedipine, then i use the other hand to spread the skin and i kind of work my finger in and make sure i get it up there about a half inch , no farther than the first nuckle, sometimes i got to go in twice to make sure the medicine goes inside. To make it easier, i stand my make up mirror on the floor and sit in front of it with my legs to each side of the mirror. It helps to see what im doing. U dont have to go real deep, even a fingernail length is ok.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 02 Jul 2013, 23:36

guiness
just wanted to add my appreciation that you are keeping us posted on the toilet seat experiment. It's really great to get to read updates about all the various alternatives and how they're working out! Good luck with continued improvement and success!
jr2

Postby JHH » 08 Jul 2013, 11:46

Hey g. How about an update?
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby guiness » 08 Jul 2013, 16:24

Hello: I am making good progress. Pain levels have decreased from a score of around 3 or 4 to a 0 to 2 in the past two weeks. I still have pain occasionally but im getting alot less burning, a lot less itching. I went to a picnic for the 4th of july and didnt have any problems with the food the next day but im still following a strict diet with minimal bread and very little dairy, no alcohol. Anyway, im still using nifedepine 3x daily. The studies with the seat were done over a couple months, with 5 to 6 weeks until total healing, and then a 6 month follow up. My next doctor visit is in 5 weeks. Im not even thinking about LIS or botox at this point, but i was before i tried this. Keeping my fingers crossed!
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 09 Jul 2013, 09:50

Great new G. so happy for ya, me too a pain , only sometimes gradually appears after a BM and also is a 0 to 2, slight burn sensation, no itching, isn't it wonderful, we are all healing just fine. so happy for you, Keep up what works for you.:) 
I,m seeing my Gastro, Doctor today, got alot of questions for her.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby guiness » 15 Jul 2013, 10:11

Didnt have a good week...i was sunbathing and my chaise lounge fell so i smacked my ass on the ground. It didnt hurt my fissure but i had swelling in my butt cheek, i got constipated, i was in pain for a day, i almost gave up. However i seem to have recovered and am now back to the 0 to 2 pain zone. So i didnt make progress this week, but i didnt get worse.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist