New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Postby aimonaali » 02 Aug 2013, 02:10

Does that technique work if the poo is really big and hard? It would seem to me that in that case you would have to "open up" too much...:/
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Please go-away! » 02 Aug 2013, 14:48

IT work's by preventing your rectum/sphincter from opening up tooo wide..umm hard to explain..I slightly lift my butt up from the toilet seat,(I'm not strong enough to do the two hand butt squeeze) then I gently squeeze my Butt cheek's together with one hand, preventing to large a contraction..kinda like having a baby poop...lol.
Press the left cheek against the toilet seat on an angle.
At the same time I fully relax the rectum, once again like a reverse kegal..letting your rectum out with out pushing.
My Gastrologist, said you will know if it worked by the flatness and length of your stool, if your BM is lacking water and compacted, I don't know..it does work on a bulky stool, larger then normal, but not dry hard, so try to soften it up first with a laxative of your choice, wait then try the technique.
If you can't don't force ti..:o 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby guiness » 07 Aug 2013, 18:01

Update: Its been 6 weeks on the toilet seat, and I'm mostly pain free except for a funny feeling here and there. I go back to the surgeon next week to see if the darn thing is still there. Then I will know if this is truly successful or not.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby jr2 » 07 Aug 2013, 21:44

Great to hear you're still feeling like you're making progress. Looking forward to hearing what happens at your doctor visit! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the improvements will show up visually as good healing!
jr2

Postby J-32 » 13 Aug 2013, 08:03

Tried that fingers support trick.
Works! Pain during BM reduced from 3,5 to only 2. Hope it was not a coincident or some single relief.
Thanks for the link jr2 !!!
I had to press the spot quite hard though.
J-32
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby guiness » 14 Aug 2013, 19:24

Ok its week 7 with the toilet seat and im doing well. Have had a few pings and stings here and there, however nothing major. Tommorrow i make one last visit to CRS, only to see if i am visually healed as well. Im tempted to skip it, but i really want the dr to look and i cant see the area myself. I might as well go, insurance pays for it, plus i want to get pregnant in the next year or two, but not until the fissure is really really gone. I hope these things dont go dormant on you, just waiting there to spring into action again....right now im almost 95 percent asymptomatic, so i want to know for sure.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby guiness » 15 Aug 2013, 16:07

So im going to finish this story under the Success heading so other people can find out too.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Claudia » 22 Sep 2013, 12:04

HI JR2
I was just looking at the video on u-tube and was confused. I guess I'm confused what type of fissure I have and how to try to support it. In the video they show a slide with both types and different support styles. I have been treating my fissure for the last three weeks with med ointments prescribed by my doctor but nothing seems to stop the rip effect, pain and bleeding every time I have a BM. I'm a freelancer and need to get back on my feet to work. I need to find a way to do something that will help. This video seems so hopeful. My fissure it a 6 o'clock and close to the outside of the anus. Is that an anterior fissure? Please educate me. Many Thanks in advance.
Claudia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby JHH » 22 Sep 2013, 12:14

Hi Claudia, and welcome to the forum!

A fissure 6 o'clock (towards your back) is posterior fissure, and this is the most common place for a fissure to form. This is also the kind of fissure the toilet seat will help by adding support to the back of the rectum.

As a freelancer, I know how you feel. i spend 4 months on the sofa, so its hard on the economics!

You should also look into getting your BMs soft, usually movicol or lactulose will help that. Anyway, read the many great posts in here, and educate yourself.

Good luck!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Claudia » 22 Sep 2013, 12:40

Thank you JHH,

I will read and read and read as much as I can to get a handle on it. Unfortunately nobody in my family (husband and two teenage kids) wants to hear about it. Your post are so helpful and hopeful to me. I tried getting my BM as soft as I can but even with itty bitty poop it rips and bleeds... and brings me to tears. I lost 10 pounds over the last 2 weeks since I'm afraid to have any BM. I will try the finger trick and order the seat. Hope it works on American Toilets.
Claudia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1