New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Postby JHH » 22 Sep 2013, 13:56

You are welcome :-)

You should really start your own thread, then Im sure you will get all the help and support you need. Let us know what ointments you are using, and what you are doing to soften your stools. I personally found that 6 on the bristol scale worked best for me. A soft bristol 4 would rip me open every day, so there is more to it than just getting soft BMs.

People who never had a fissure will never understand how much it hurts, and how big an impact it has on your life. I got depressed, and lost weight too. About 12 pounds, but Im gaining it back again now. Bristol 6 BMs and botox was what gave me my life back, and Im sure you will get there too. Just try to stay positive and keep fighting!

I hope the toilet seat works for you. If I ever get a setback, Im ordering a seat too.

P.S. It sounds like your fissure is pretty new. If you had it less than 6 weeks its most likely acute, and way more treatable than the cronic fissures more of us have in here.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby soffiler » 23 Oct 2013, 12:26

I just stumbled across this thread. This looks like a very legitimate analysis of the root cause of the whole problem, and a rather simple solution. I am going to try the manual (posterior AF) technique at my very next opportunity. Not really sure why you'd *need* a special toilet seat ... just a convenience, I suppose.
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby JHH » 25 Oct 2013, 13:20

Well. I did the poor mans version for a while, and still do if I feel Im about to have a harder than usual BM, but there is a few issues with it. First, squatting on the toilet seat, and being sleepy, and then supporting with my finger, almost caused me to tumble off the toilet a few times, and second, it takes a bit of trial and error to find the right spot, and the right pressure. If my fissure reopens, I will order a seat. (and get another round of botox :-)
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby soffiler » 25 Oct 2013, 13:29

I am only a couple days into the manual, digital, a.k.a. poor man's techique. Finding the right spot is an issue but I get the vibe that once you find it, you know it, and it's easy from there. However, this is not a great time to draw any conclusions because (knock wood) I am tentatively on the road to recovery even *without* the technique, with about 6 good days in a row. I am crediting my improvement on a larger dollop of Diltaizem with more in-depth application, plus a daily "suppository" (just a chunk; it is solid when chilled) of coconut oil, on top of a diet re-adjusted a couple weeks ago to really emphasize soluble fiber, plus my normal daily dose of ducosate. I remain optimistic that the manual technique, used long-term, could be the ticket to avoiding future re-tears. (For the record, I had my first AF in 2009 and eventually fixed it with LIS. This is my first re-tear.)
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Postby JHH » 05 Dec 2013, 02:20

- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby soffiler » 05 Dec 2013, 10:43

WOW is right!
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Dec 2013, 15:44

I am seriously considering this, since it should act as a preventive against future tears.
I just wonder what guests will think. Does it matter what they think? The seat certainly does look unusual, and one might end up doing a lot of explaining.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby soffiler » 05 Dec 2013, 19:52

Scientist2516 wrote:I am seriously considering this, since it should act as a preventive against future tears.
I just wonder what guests will think. Does it matter what they think? The seat certainly does look unusual, and one might end up doing a lot of explaining.

I would think that is on pretty much everyone's mind. AF must be among the least easily discussed medical conditions. I think the toilet seat gadget is best employed in a private situation such as a master bath off a master bedroom. Of course far from all of us have the luxury of multiple bathrooms in our homes such that we can keep one bathroom private. On the other hand, reported results are compelling! Maybe the device can be attached only as needed?
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Postby JHH » 07 Jan 2014, 11:11

It seems there is now a UK, IRE and AUS supplier on the market for this product:
http://www.ansr-healthcareltd.com/

I have not any more info than what is on the homepage, and dont know if the supplier is OK.
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby havefaith » 09 Jan 2014, 16:08

im going to follow up on this. im buying one as we speak assuming that they deliver to canada, ill have one!
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14