Meditation - does it help?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Meditation - does it help?

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 15:36

Hey cheryl, this ones aimed at you since i've noticed you mention it previously, how does one go about meditating? is it easy or does it require a hell of a lot of concentration, I really have no knowledge on it, more importantly, will it help with the healing process and depression? I'm willing to try anything!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Meditation - does it help?

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 17:01

Steve,
I'm a strong believer in the MIND/BODY/SPIRIT Connection!!! And also am a Reikki practioner! You should just lie down (preferably), do deep breathing, and visualize healing coming to your body. I even read in one publication about holding one's hand over the area you want to heal while sitting in the bathtub. If you are a Christian, you could try praying!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 17:18

Cheryl, I'm gonna try what you just said, sometimes I can actually visualize my fissure in my head, I try to heal it with my mind so maybe i'm partly there with the Reikki thing? And yes I am a christian and pray regularly.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 17:27

You probably read in one of my previous posts that my friend asked about you and NG today!
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 17:30

I haven't seen that cheryl, was that your minister friend you mean, if so could you tell him I said "hello" and that it's great that he's thinking about us!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 17:32

Yes, Steve, that is my minister friend. We talk almost daily; he has given me lots of emotional support in the past, and now I am doing the same for him!! I'll try to post a website for Reikki later!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Mar 2010, 18:18

I would suggest that you buy a book about meditation since there are so many techniques and methods that you can choose from.
It is NEVER complicated , though and it can only help - especially with calming your mind and putting you in a better
emotional place.
Yes- deep and repetitive praying is a type of mediation but some more advanced yogic techniques can bring even more relaxation and calm.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 18:25

Good idea, Fiss, and a lib would probably be a good source also for books on meditation. I read several books on healing during the time of my AF!
cherylk
VIP

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 19:24

Guys/gals,
This was posted in "Natural Ways to Promote Healing of an Anal Fissure":
Immersing your body in warm or hot water can help relax your internal anal sphincter, which will allow better blood flow to the area. Consider VISUALIZING rich blood flow to your anal sphincter as you soak in the tub, as we know that the MIND/BODY connection is capable of producing real physiological effects. To facilitate the use of visualization to promote rich blood flow to your anus, try placing one of your hands against your perineum to give your mind a palpable target.
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 26 Mar 2010, 10:13

Cheryl, I found this site and wondered if it would be of any use: http://www.silvaultramindsystem.com/
infact i've already downloaded a centering exercise so that it can be played on my pc, i'm a strong believer in the mind and body thing but have never tried it yet!
StevePain
King Fissure