miralax and metamucil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

miralax and metamucil

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2007, 17:38

Hi, does anyone know if you can take both of these in the same day? I took Miralx this morning and no bm, so i was going to take my regularly scheduled mom before bed.

Re: miralax and metamucil

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Jul 2007, 17:59

I would think so. Metamucil acts differently than the miralax. Metamucil is not a softener, and miralax provides no fiber.
they are not the same thing, but are both different angles of attack for treating constipation, mainly....
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2007, 19:37

Definitely! I have used both at the same time-taken separately at different times though. I say go for it!

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 11:10

Thanks guys!

Postby edward_adams » 29 Jul 2007, 08:52

I haven't taken any supplements at this point, what are the benefits of metamusil?
Do you guys take it to increase your fiber or in addition to your fiber intake?
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2007, 09:09

I used to take fiber to augment the amount in my diet. But it was overkill for me because I probably get 40 grams a day just through the things I eat. But it can be very helpful for keeping the stool formed and easier to pass.

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 29 Jul 2007, 19:55

I've been taking metamucil for the past 2 months. In the beginning, I took it to increase my fiber and therefore making my poo easier to pass. I get so much fiber from my diet now that i don't think i need it...
i stopped taking it for a couple of days, and i think it was a shock to my system because i had a couple of rough bms...so i started taking it again. eventually, i think i'll just slowly wean myself off of it.
it's worth trying at least for a few days just to see how it effects your stool.
i only take one tablespoon a day.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby delasama » 01 Feb 2013, 19:14

im waiting on an apointment with crs and he told me to take miralax and metamucil morning and at night until i can see him
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Jessjess » 01 Feb 2013, 19:23

I started taking Miralax and the next morning after using the toilet, I thought I was going to pass out from the burning. The sitz bath didn't help the pain! So I stopped taking it. I would try Metamucil, but I'm scared of the burn! Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby delasama » 01 Feb 2013, 19:33

i took metamucil for a week and had beautiful soft poops until about the 7th day then had bulky ones, no burning though, just pain from fissure. hopefully now that im taking metamucil and miralax that the crs recomended will help. i havent had burning, but ive only been on miralax for a couple days.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31