Huge A-Z Soluble vs insoluble fiber food content list

Most foods listed

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Huge A-Z Soluble vs insoluble fiber food content list

Postby soffiler » 04 Nov 2013, 14:41

Okay, I have figured out how to attach a file to a forum post. First try, it told me that the .XLS extension was not allowed. So I zipped it. Let's see...
Attachments
Fiber_comprehensive.zip
(92.36 KiB) Downloaded 750 times
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Ever the Optimist » 04 Nov 2013, 16:41

I have to add that I've just been taking a really good look at this list - it's actually really fantastic!
It's amazing how I find I've sort of naturally verged towards the soluble foods in my diet without having ever known the actual fibre contents....It's almost like I can now "sense" what is better for me and what's going to produce more fibrous heavy stools & to avoid the causes of those....I recently stopped with the wholemeal breads and substituted with rye because my body was instinctively telling me it was better - also oats have taken precedence over my faithful bran flakes. It's definitely those "softer high-fibre" foods that do it for me - literally soft avocados/ soft pears/ melon/ prunes/ beans....Life is always such a learning curve and once you really get to know your body & the effects of what you put into it, you really can be so much more in control. That's one thing to thank the fissure for for sure!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Deleted User 3176 » 05 Nov 2013, 00:05

welp, soffiler.... the PM option was not available to me because I haven't been a member long enough to send PM's... but I got the Zip drive file. PERRRRFECTO!!! Thanks a BILLION!!

:smilyhug: :Rock:
Deleted User 3176

Postby roseya » 27 Jul 2016, 14:03

soffiler - Thank you so much for compiling the list into a spreadsheet!!! This is an amazing resource to have. I've started a new tab in the spreadsheet and copy/pasting the foods I normally eat.

Definitely avoiding figs!!
My recovery diary thread: http://anal-fissure.org/my-recovery-diary-going-the-natural-route-t10836.html
Soft stool: olive oil + coconut oil with meals, 2 magnesium citrate 150mg caps
Creams used: Polysporin (2 antibiotics), Sudocrem, Vaseline
Amazing fiber spreadsheet: post123866.html#p123866
roseya
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby soffiler » 27 Jul 2016, 14:42

roseya wrote:soffiler - Thank you so much for compiling the list into a spreadsheet!!! This is an amazing resource to have. I've started a new tab in the spreadsheet and copy/pasting the foods I normally eat.

Definitely avoiding figs!!

You're welcome, roseya. I'm really happy that it's helping people.
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Postby Girraphne » 09 Aug 2022, 10:54

Avoid figs?! I'm shocked and trying to understand why.
Jan 2022 - fissure diagnosed, dr said it looked like it was superficial and almost healed.
July 2022- got constipated while traveling, retear.
Working on a diet and bathroom regimen to help healing. Using nifedipine/lidocaine cream and a&d ointment.
Girraphne
Fibre Addict

Postby jumpywizard » 09 Jan 2023, 15:57

Girraphne wrote:Avoid figs?! I'm shocked and trying to understand why.

I'm curious, too, I've always heard eating a fig helps the process.
jumpywizard

Postby Chinita » 10 Jan 2023, 20:01

Thank you so much for this thread, I lately was into eating more fiber and I started to make tortillas from Whole Wheat Flour, but the problem is my stool got huge, so just know I am knowing about the 2 types of fiber and I understand why I tear again, after 1 year in remission. It was because the insoluble fiber makes your poop bigger and often, today I went 2 times so I thought of stop eating but in the past this didnt help either, actually it made things worse. So now, i think I am going to rest 1 day from eating, as I normally fast 1 day a week, and also once I start eating again i will start by the foods that have a higher soluble fiber ratio. I am so thankful for @soffiler that uploaded this spreadsheet as I also love excel and it is easier to find the foods that I eat and highlight them. Analizing this I notice I was making so many mistakes, because I didnt know as I said about the different kinds of fiber. Forgive my english, I am from Chile and taught myself english, so thankful for this forum. This is my first post.
Chinita